Extra Magic Hours

Started by itsatinksthing, November 18, 2013, 09:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsatinksthing

Hey everyone!!

I'm going to Disney on Wednesday for four days, and we're staying in the Sequoia Lodge, so I was just wondering how the Magic Hours work? What is the park like during the magic hours?

bad-pink-tink

When you check into the hotel and get your park ticket you also get a hotel ticket. This allows you entry into the park for the EMH.

Usually the park opens at 8am for EMH. You go to the entrance and there will be just one turnstyle open. The cast member will check your ticket to make sure you are allowed to enter.

Usually it is Fantasyland and Discoveryland and some of Main Street USA which is open. Some of the restaurants are open for breakfast. There are usually about 5 or 6 rides / attractions open, depending on refurbishments schedules.

When I was there the rides that were open were
Peter Pans Flight
Dumbo
The Teacups
Buzz Lightyear

When you check into your hotel its best to ask what time EMH are and what rides / attractions are open.

The best thing about EMH though is that you beat the queues when the park actually opens. The lands that are not open are closed off by a rope. Everyone who is in the park for the EMH stands by the rope and waits for the rope drop when the park opens. This way you are the first people in that particular land. This is very useful for the more popular rides like Big Thundar Mountain , Pirates of The Caribbean,  Star Tours etc.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

itsatinksthing

Oh man, sounds fantastic!!!!

What about characters? Are they just out for the usual times?

bad-pink-tink

The characters are in the hotels around breakfast time. As far as I can remember I dont think I saw any of them in the park during EMH.

Its great fun to wait at the rope drop. The first morning I waited at Adventureland and I was at the top of the queue at Pirates. When they open the ride for the day there is a little surprise for those who are first in line   :)

The second morning I waited at Frontierland. When the rope dropped everyone ran to Big Thunder Mountain. I was one of the few people who ran to Phantom Manor and I was in the first group in the stretching room  :)

Its great fun to know that you are already in the park while the general public are not allowed in. And then to know that when the park opens the general public have to walk all the way down main street while you are already at the top of the queue of a ride  :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

itsatinksthing

OMG little surprise? Hahah. I think we'll try get first at the rope drop!

grovesie

We were at DLP last summer during the school holidays. We walked straight onto everything. I have a photo of my kids infront of the castle without anybody else in the photo. We were the only people on the carosel.

It's even better if you can arrange to have your breakfast in the park aswell. Your hotel reception should be able to arrange this for you

I know that we will be using EMH this Christmas

Have a great time.

Grovesie

RockNRoller

Best thing about EMH is the lack of people in the way when you take photo's. Ive got some lovely shots of Main Street and the Castle without the crowds. Its a great time to enjoy the details around the park you cant normally see.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

shewholaughs

Quote from: GROVESIE on November 19, 2013, 06:12:07 AM

It's even better if you can arrange to have your breakfast in the park aswell. Your hotel reception should be able to arrange this for you

That sounds awesome! Where did you breakfast? I guess this was an extra cost rather than a substitute for your hotel breakfast!

grovesie

Quote from: shewholaughs on November 25, 2013, 06:25:50 AM
Quote from: GROVESIE on November 19, 2013, 06:12:07 AM

That sounds awesome! Where did you breakfast? I guess this was an extra cost rather than a substitute for your hotel breakfast!

This is at no extra cost. Your hotel reception should be able to arrange this for you, they did for me staying at the Newprot.

It's a continental type of breakfast but makes it easier than eating too early , having to return to the hotel or the cost of buying one.The breakfast is in one of the restaurants in Main St, I can not remember the name at the mo

grovesie

shewholaughs

That is genius! Will definitely ask about that when we arrive.

Makes much more sense than eating at 6am or going back to the hotel for breakfast.

Zee79

We were able to have our breakfast in fantasyland, could have had it there all week but chose only one day. If they don't ask you you ask them. It was the first time we had been asked when staying at the Sequoia in May yet the rest in our party were not so I asked for them and they gladly arranged it.                                     

Parsons

Quick question about extra magic hours guys. If I use my annual passport to book a Disney hotel then add people to my room will they all be able to use the extra magic hours.

Thanks

AJDisney

Seems that Magic Hours will be changing from 08:00-10:00 in the Disneyland Park to 09:00-10:00 in both the Disneyland Park and Studios from 1st October.

http://dlrpexpress.fr/guide-heures.php
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

A&S&O

Quote from: Parsons on July 02, 2017, 11:40:58 PM
Quick question about extra magic hours guys. If I use my annual passport to book a Disney hotel then add people to my room will they all be able to use the extra magic hours.

Thanks
I'm not sure what you are asking.

You have an annual pass, so you will have access to EMH.
How are you adding people to your room? They will need to pay for accommodation, unless they too have annual passes, in which case they will get EMH.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Parsons

Quote from: A&S&O on July 03, 2017, 12:20:57 PM
Quote from: Parsons on July 02, 2017, 11:40:58 PM

Thanks
I'm not sure what you are asking.

You have an annual pass, so you will have access to EMH.
How are you adding people to your room? They will need to pay for accommodation, unless they too have annual passes, in which case they will get EMH.
hi, thanks for replying. With annual pass you can add people to your room and just pay the holiday tax as far as I know. I'm wondering if that's the case will the whole room be entitled to WMH or just me