Advice on dining please!!

Started by loulou169, November 04, 2013, 05:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou169

Hi all. Me and my two girls are off to dlrp 31 march and they don't even know yet, I'm telling them the day we go!

I've been two times previously and have ate at:

• auberge de cendrillon
• cowboy cookout
• restaurant des stars
• Casey's corner

I'm going to do next year:

• Walts
• inventions
• cafe Mickey

What I want to find out is what your recommendations would be for other restuarants. What's the food like, atmosphere, etc. I'm stuck as to what else to pick! Your opinions will be much appreciated!

Also, and I know I'm being a pain in the bum but whats peoples experiences with the restaurants I want to do next yet!

THANK YOU!!! Xxx
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

never2old

Walt's is one of our favourite restaurants! Nice food, generally a good service (they can be a bit slow...) and the setting is beautiful. We regularly eat there and have never been dissapointed.

We went to Inventions last May with our 2 year old, it was excellent. The food was very good, definitely the best buffet around, and of course having the characters around is excellent. We'll probably eat there again when we go back in a couple of weeks  :)

Cafe Mickey can be great, or it can be awful.... The food is OK, but the place can feel very busy, very hectic, and very noisy, plus you seem to get birthdays every 2 minutes.... I prefer to go there at lunchtime rather than the evening (less busy), and you can have a really good time. Again the characters come around and spend a lot of time with you, it's really excellent for the little ones (and for the not so little ones  ;) )

We like to go to Agrabah Cafe, is one of our favourite buffets. Their food is very good (their salads buffets is excellent), and the setting is really pleasant.

Plaza Gardens can also be good, the food is OK (personally I find it a bit more boring than Agrabah), although their desserts selection is excellent (make sure you leave plenty of room....) It can feel a bit noisy, but is not too bad.

Another great restaurant is the Blue Lagoon, similar in prices to Walt's, though the menu and setting are totally different. If you have a couple of hours to spend for a meal (they can be really slow...) it's a great place to go!!

Our last favourite restaurant is the Steakhouse in the Disney Village. Again I find it slightly better at lunchtime, in the evenings if it's very busy it can be very slow, but the food is delicious. Definitely worth a visit!!

Menus change every now and then, but you can have a look and get some ideas in the DLRP Magic website.

Hope this helps!!

loulou169

Hi never2old, thanks so much for your reply it's really help (and my tummy is rumbling already!) I love the spund of Agrahbah cafe, that one was on my maybe list! So cafe Micky is better for lunch? That's good know, I had it down for dinner but think ill swap it round!

I'm really looking forward to Walts. I never knew it existed til last year! 

So far I've thought about:

Lunch:

• blue lagoon
• cafe Micky

Dinner:

• inventions
• Walts
• steakhouse

I'm there 3 nights, 4 days btw x

ed-uk

I can also recommend the Silver spur Steakhouse in Frontierland.
Ed & David

loulou169

Quote from: ed-uk on November 04, 2013, 07:04:32 PM
I can also recommend the Silver spur Steakhouse in Frontierland.

What's the food like there? X

ed-uk

Very good when we've tried it. We usually go for the steak, but i think they do chicken, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. It's also a nicely themed restaurant. The Blue Lagoon is my favourite restaurant for theme and atmosphere, but i think i prefer the food in the Silver spur Steakhouse and Walts. :)
Ed & David

polar vixen

We love the silver spur steakhouse, the ambience is fantastic, it's never too crowded, you just need to be careful getting what you're entitled to - they kept missing bits from the kids meals, and losing their ability to speak English when mistakes were pointed out..... but eh food itself was lovely.

Chlo83

These sound like some great choices - we are hoping to do Walts and Blue Lagoon and then either Inventions or Cafe Mickey too!