Advice on dates please!

Started by Mtlchuck, October 13, 2013, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtlchuck

Best date to visit

Hi everyone!

I am going to be three days in Paris in late Novmber (25, 26, 27th) and three in mid December (11th, 12th, 13th). Obviously Disneyland is a must for me, and I am wondering what time is the best to visit. I wanted to go in late November because the days are a Monday a Tuesday and a Wednesday (less crowded), BUT Space Mountain is scheduled to be closed .

My next date could be Thursday the 12th of December. Does anybody know if French kids will be out for Christmas holidays already? If so, and being a Thursday, I imagine it will be awfully crowded!

Two years ago my sister and I visited on a December 24th and mostly everything were walk-into rides (we also experienced nasty weather... But we didnt care!)

Also, does anybody know if the Christmas Disney Dreams will be playing everyday?

Thanks!!</blockquote>

disneyman10

no the french german spanish italian and belgian are of on the 16th 15th 14th and 20th and 15th
dare to dream

idylles

Winter holiday around France start on the 21st of December and end on the 6th of January. 

The best dates, in my opinion, are the ones in November.  There are practically no holidays in Europe then.  But don't go on the 11th of November.  It's a national holiday in both France and Belgium.  Also, 21st of November is Day of the First Beaujolais in France.  Special day too. 

As for December.  11-13th are holiday-less too, but I've noticed many kids in Disneyland at that time. 

So my guess, November. 
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Mtlchuck

Thanks everyone!

November was my first choice, but as I said Space Mountain (my favourite attraction in the resort) will be closed :(!

As Ursula says, life is full of tough choices!

Mac

Assuming that you are there for other things besides just DLP, would think the answer would be get and Annual Pass and every Day?

That said Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday tend to be the quietest days in the park. Also weather wise make sure you have lots of warm clothing, and also be prepared not to get caught out by the rain. Ponchos easiest and lightest option, rain covers for your shoes if they are not fully waterproof.

Other items, heat packs, heated gloves and insoles are worth the investment.
ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº

idylles

If Space Mountain is so important to you, then go on another date.  I mean, Disneyland is still Disneyland, with or without the crowd.  I really never mind the crowd, it's part of an amusement park, you take it or leave it.  It's not like Disneyland is a ghost town in November either. 

disneyman10

go in february it is a ghost town trust me! i got a 10 minuite wait for crush's coaster
dare to dream

Mtlchuck

Idylles, I am flying all the way from Canada before moving to South America. It only makes sense I want to experience my favourite attraction as I dont known when again Ill be able to visit Paris.

It also depends on the friends I am going to stay with and whether they can take a day off or not. If not Ill go by myself. I think so far Thursday the 12th will be my date, thanks to your advice i believe that it will be a good date and not overwhelmingly crowded :) thanks!

idylles

Quote from: Mtlchuck on October 15, 2013, 04:53:01 PM
Idylles, I am flying all the way from Canada before moving to South America. It only makes sense I want to experience my favourite attraction as I dont known when again Ill be able to visit Paris.
And that's why you should just go on the date it will be open.  Like I said, DLP is DLP, with or without the crowd.  You will always have crowds.