2014 Theme

Started by martythepooh, October 18, 2013, 12:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martythepooh

Has there been any announcement on if there will be a theme for 2014 or is it still a bit too early?

littlemermaid83

There is no theme for next year.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

mnewcourt

I don't really care for a theme. I do care what they do with the theming during the Halloween and Christmas season next year.

gemma2806

Yeah they are getting back to basics from next year. The CEO and WDC decided there have been too many years of random themes in an attempt to bring in more business (with the exception of the anniversaries of course!) so the available money is being put back into the regeneration of the parks and hotels for refurbishments and better experiences so that the park can once again bring in the crowds on it's own merits rather than because of a theme.

orangarnold

I personally think the money is best spent on improving the park so its better for future years. I would rather *shock horror* no parades for a year or two and for the park to be 110% perfect than a new parade every so many years.

captain rocket

Whilst I appreciate the sentiments from orangarnold, I would not contemplate visiting the park if there was no parade, we have suffered year after year with a reduction in the entertainment available at the park and are now left with a few character appearances, Disney Magic on Parade and Dreams.
Disney has been famous for its entertainments over the years and, frankly, the park without a parade is unthinkable.
I don't think this is an option anyway as the quality of the build of the two new floats for Halloween is extremely high and indicates to me that they are expected to be around for many years to come!
They can keep themes as far as I am concerned, in my memory I could'nt tell you the difference between the various themes in the past five years thats how memorable they were for me!

ed-uk

Indeed, DLP would be unthinkable without a parade and for me the MSEP and Fantillusion were the best, Fantillusion being my favourite. It's a shame that the electrical parades have probably gone from DLP for good. But if DLP can come up with a great Christmas parade like in the American parks then i will be happy with that, and they've made a good start with the new Halloween parade.

Ed & David

captain rocket

I now have high hopes for the future of our park after Halloween, Lets now see what Christmas brings!!

orangarnold

I think for me, I rarely watch the parades and I could give or take them, I know full well I'm in the minority.

I made a point of seeing Fantillusion last year at Halloween as that was the one parade I've always wanted to see and thankfully got to but as for the normal one, I'm not overly fussed.

Like I say I know I'm in the minority.

polar vixen

We LOVE the parade, and whilst I enjoy dreams, I do miss shows like the lion king, and Tarzan that they had back in 2006, But it's been 3 years now, I'm really wishing they would change the parade to something a little different, still a parade, just a different song.... or something

sarahh83

will there be parades in 2014?? or are they getting rid of them?? sorry this post is a tad confusing and im plannign our 2nd trip for feb 2014
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

orangarnold

Quote from: sarahh83 on October 20, 2013, 10:07:24 PM
will there be parades in 2014?? or are they getting rid of them?? sorry this post is a tad confusing and im plannign our 2nd trip for feb 2014

There will be parades, the confusion came from me saying I would rather if it came down to it I would rather the money be spent on the park

BoristheSpider

Quote from: polar vixen on October 20, 2013, 12:46:49 AM
We LOVE the parade, and whilst I enjoy dreams, I do miss shows like the lion king, and Tarzan that they had back in 2006, But it's been 3 years now, I'm really wishing they would change the parade to something a little different, still a parade, just a different song.... or something

I'm not sure if I dreamt it, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the Tarzan show was back in 2014

never2old

Quote from: BoristheSpider on October 21, 2013, 04:14:04 AM
Quote from: polar vixen on October 20, 2013, 12:46:49 AM

I'm not sure if I dreamt it, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the Tarzan show was back in 2014

There are rumours going around, but DLP haven't confirmed anything yet.

ed-uk

I think DLP want to move away from stage shows if they can, that's one of the reasons they've invested so much in Disney Dreams so they can reach a bigger audience with one blockbuster show. The Fantasyland theatre has gone and is now a meet and greet Mickey Mouse location, the castle stage has gone however i agree with that because it wasn't rain proof, the Videopolis theatre not used for shows like Mulan and the Lion King anymore, apparently the catering department object because it's also a restaurant. There's only the Frontierland theatre left which is also closed, and yes it would be great to see Tarzan and Mickeys Winter Wonderland back but new productions would be even better.
Ed & David