Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment 2015

Started by martythepooh, October 18, 2013, 12:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martythepooh

HI there,

As searching for news on Disneyland Paris, I came across this article about the refurbishment of Big Thunder Mountain in 2015 and how it could be closed for 9 months, but also how they may take engines away from the trains to increase capacity.

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/rehabilitation-big-thunder-mountain-2015/

Has anyone else heard or read about this?  A quick google search didn't bring up anything else on the subject.  If it is true, what with that and the rebuilding of Indiana Jones etc, what will the place actually be like?!

Zee79

I think going by when we went in May this year when Thunder Mountain was closed for a month Frontierland will be very quiet if it is going to be out of action for that long. Great news for those who ride Phantom Manor haha I know I would have to change any plans of  when going there if it is out because my children will be devastated, the youngest in particular.

martythepooh

They would definitely need to get some more things in Frontierland - get some shows asap so it gives people a reason to go.

PrincessA

It will be interesting to see how it turns out after the rehabilitation. I love Frontierland, it's always been my favourite, so it's good that it's getting some care. But with all the closures and problems Big Thunder Mountain has been having and the closure of Woody's Roundup, it seems that, until this rehabilitation programme, its heading down.

martythepooh

I watched the Grizzly Gulch rollercoaster at Hong Kong Disneyland the other day.  Now, if they refurbished Big Thunder Mountain and were to change the layout, BIG if I know, they should definitely do something like that.  It looked really good.

Zee79

They need to add something to that land, it is so poor compared to the rest with only two rides.

martythepooh

I think Adventureland needs something too.  When you go on the train and it goes past that wide open space with just a tent it just looks so depressing!

Personally, I would build a rollercoaster or other thrill ride, possibly Splash Mountain perhaps - but I would theme the ride around Mulan.  She would fit into that area, the film has action and adventure and it would be nice to have an exclusive version of a ride.  The rollercoaster could maybe be themed around Mushu and if they did make Splash Mountain they could easily theme it around the Great Wall and the battle on the snowtops. 

Plus - Disney just loves those Princesses!  :D

PrincessA

Quote from: martythepooh on October 21, 2013, 04:40:03 PM
I think Adventureland needs something too.  When you go on the train and it goes past that wide open space with just a tent it just looks so depressing!

Personally, I would build a rollercoaster or other thrill ride, possibly Splash Mountain perhaps - but I would theme the ride around Mulan.  She would fit into that area, the film has action and adventure and it would be nice to have an exclusive version of a ride.  The rollercoaster could maybe be themed around Mushu and if they did make Splash Mountain they could easily theme it around the Great Wall and the battle on the snowtops. 

Plus - Disney just loves those Princesses!  :D

That would be perfect! I've always loved Mulan. Right now, she's so under-represented at DLP

martythepooh

I love Mulan too.  She isn't like the other princesses, sitting around waiting for a prince - she's up there fighting away.  They really should capitalise on that more.  Themed right it would appeal both to girls who love the princesses but also boys for the action.  Plus, I think everyone would agree that another ride is a bonus for everyone!

PrincessA

Quote from: martythepooh on October 22, 2013, 10:43:26 AM
I love Mulan too.  She isn't like the other princesses, sitting around waiting for a prince - she's up there fighting away.  They really should capitalise on that more.  Themed right it would appeal both to girls who love the princesses but also boys for the action.  Plus, I think everyone would agree that another ride is a bonus for everyone!

I agree, she's definitely got a bit more about her! Couldn't have put it better myself  :)

Sam4God

I hope whatever they do, it'll be for the best as I really love Thunder Mountain as it currently is. My favourite ride! :)