HELP!!!!! WILL I FIT ON THE RIDES???

Started by teagansmummy, October 03, 2013, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathalie

Quote from: teagansmummy on October 03, 2013, 11:00:32 PM
the one i really really wanna go on that i have seen advertised somewere if an aerosmith ride would i fit in that if its there lol sure i wasnt imagining though lol xxx

That's Rock 'n Rollercoaster at the Studio's  :)

Zee79

You will get on most rides but like mentioned previously i eouldn't recommend The Orbitron. I'm a UK12-14 and i found this ride very restricting, just getting in and out was hard work. It would also be restricting if you very tall. My husband is over 6ft and he had his legs squashed up to his chest in this ride.
Just relax and enjoy yourself, it's not always about the rides it is the magic of Disney , the atmosphere it creates :D 

captain rocket

No they don't have test seats. teggabsmummy, you will be fine on Rock & Roller coaster!

SGregory27

You will be fine on the rock and Rollacoaster. As for Orbitron as I said it's a pain getting in and out of and I won't be doing it again, but that was due to it making me feel sick.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

stitch147

You definatley wont have a problem on Aerosmith Rock n Roller coaster, I ride it all the time and never have any probs and I'm a big girl. Have fun. xx

captain rocket

We all talk about Orbitron, but it really is a second rate attraction, brilliantly themed but basically the same ride as Dumbo and Flying carpets in the studios ride them instead.

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: captain rocket on October 04, 2013, 01:00:53 PM
We all talk about Orbitron, but it really is a second rate attraction, brilliantly themed but basically the same ride as Dumbo and Flying carpets in the studios ride them instead.
It isn't second rate at all, its a beautiful experience, that genuinely amazes me everyime. other than the tight seating, its a ride better than all of the rides in toy story playland.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

captain rocket

Beautifully themed yes, but better than RC Racer or Parachute Drop? Not in my opinion! And that's what makes DLRP so brilliant! Different strokes for different folks and we all get to enjoy ourselves!

Zee79

Quote from: captain rocket on October 05, 2013, 11:53:36 AM
Beautifully themed yes, but better than RC Racer or Parachute Drop? Not in my opinion! And that's what makes DLRP so brilliant! Different strokes for different folks and we all get to enjoy ourselves!
I agree (not the RC or parachute drop as i can't do these types of rides anymore) but there is something for everyone to enjoy

Ravenseye

Quote from: captain rocket on October 03, 2013, 07:26:58 PM
I'm a big bloke and the only rides that I would advise against for you is Orbitron, Crush and RC Racer. Orbitron is very narrow and quite difficult to get in and out of. Crush has a different kind of restraint and has to come down on your lap, if you have a large stomach, and I have!, it can be difficult and very uncomfortable. Rc racer has an over the shoulder harness that is very tight.
If you want to try these rides then go ahead, if you can't fit you just leave! and if you are worried about being embarassed, don't be, you will never meet any of these people again!
have a great trip!
Well said Captain!  :D
And I agree with the info on RC Racer, it also has a kind of moulded seat for each person with a seat belt that clips up between your legs as well as the pull down harness! I'm a size 22/24 but I'm tall too and I found the seat section a little bit uncomfy but OK once settled. However the ride itself freaked me out, much to my son's hilarity!!!  :-[
Just go and enjoy, don't worry about fitting in!  xx
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Samninetysix

Another teensy weensy thing to consider is that as you're going in december and it will most likely be bloody freezing, I'm assuming you're gonna be fairly well wrapped up, from past experiences when I've worn a thick padded coat it makes a difference when the cast member "clamps" you in some of the rides. I'm 14st and 5'9" so not massive but I've felt crushed sometimes. Just enjoy the magic at the parcs, you won't be the only big girl there :)

orangarnold

You'll be fine! The seats were bigger than I remembered

waddle_thepenguin

I'm the same size, and my hubby is a chunky chap too, but we found everything fine. We didn't do RC or Orbitron though - but we fit on Crush's without any issues. :)
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day."

Aug 2012 - Explorer's Hotel
Oct 2017 - New York Hotel