Save Disneyland Paris petition

Started by Festival Disney, August 15, 2013, 01:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disney-dan

So by the looks of it he didn't address this in the end? At least not in the video clips I've watched on the FOX website...
Have a Magical day!!

DD

ed-uk

I think TWDC already has a business plan and strategy for DLP. It's just not the plan some fans want, however i don't think the company will change direction right now.
Ed & David

disney-dan

Quote from: ed-uk on September 24, 2013, 11:09:06 PM
I think TWDC already has a business plan and strategy for DLP. It's just not the plan some fans want, however i don't think the company will change direction right now.

Tbh I don't think DLP will ever be the big hit that the other parks are, regardless of how much money is put into it and how many new attractions are built. I know many many people who have visited DLP and hated it, vowing never to return. These same people visit the US parks on a regular basis. I know people won't like this, but I truly believe that if a Disney park was to be closed DLP would be it...
Have a Magical day!!

DD

ed-uk

DLP is for the long term though, it will grow over time. The American parks are so far ahead, Disneyland in California 58 years old, DLP only 21 years old, Hong Kong Disneyland is even smaller.
Ed & David

Samninetysix

I have to say, It's been 3 or 4 years since I last stayed in a "Disney" hotel because of the huge price increases. Our last time was in Davy Crocketts with APD discount, when we checked this year it was almost 3 times the price and without breakfast. We're going back to DLP on 26th October for 6 nights, Hotel Cheyenne was £250 more than we are paying for Magic Circus so it was a toss up between being closer to the parcs and being able to walk back to the hotel or having a more civilized breakfast experience and saving £250....We're in the Magic Circus. It's money that Disney has lost and Vienna Hotels has gained. Forgot to mention, the price at Cheyenne was £250 more and that included our APD discount or it would have been even more expensive.

Ravenseye

Quote from: disney-dan on September 24, 2013, 11:23:09 PM
Quote from: ed-uk on September 24, 2013, 11:09:06 PM

Tbh I don't think DLP will ever be the big hit that the other parks are, regardless of how much money is put into it and how many new attractions are built. I know many many people who have visited DLP and hated it, vowing never to return. These same people visit the US parks on a regular basis. I know people won't like this, but I truly believe that if a Disney park was to be closed DLP would be it...

We returned from DLP a week ago and after lengthy discussion about the way it was and the way it is, my fiance said 'Do you think it'll end up closing?'. My son and I just looked at each other and after a long pause said 'Noooo!'. I would be interested in discussing this with other 'fans'. You raise a moot point!  ;)
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

anthony2k6

Quote from: Ravenseye on September 26, 2013, 11:45:09 AM
We returned from DLP a week ago and after lengthy discussion about the way it was and the way it is, my fiance said 'Do you think it'll end up closing?'. My son and I just looked at each other and after a long pause said 'Noooo!'. I would be interested in discussing this with other 'fans'. You raise a moot point!  ;)

My view is that ultimately its a business. IF TWDC cannot find a way to make it profitable due to cultural issues then its future is in question.

How on earth they would close the place without seriously damaging the Disney brand is a whole other story though.

ed-uk

Quote from: anthony2k6 on September 28, 2013, 01:06:22 AM
Quote from: Ravenseye on September 26, 2013, 11:45:09 AM

My view is that ultimately its a business. IF TWDC cannot find a way to make it profitable due to cultural issues then its future is in question.

How on earth they would close the place without seriously damaging the Disney brand is a whole other story though.

It won't close, TWDC and the French government have invested too much in to it to see it fail. Hopefully it will make a profit in the future and become a financial success but the parent company will stand by it. I don't think cultural issues are a problem now. It's the huge level of debt Euro Disney has to service, but now at least they can pay the money back to TWDC at a more favourable rate of interest, since TWDC bought Euro Disney's debts from the banks last year.
Ed & David