Walt Disney Studios Park effects and details checklist

Started by Riebi, November 06, 2008, 11:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

They should fix the machines, they are a real high point for my kids along with the drawing academy (that is rarely open)
since 2001 (many before that)

pussinboots

I think you should be able to decide for yourself which room to enter, as in California. I mean I understand why they opened it this way — to keep people busy for another twenty minutes and make it less obvious that the park had but three rides — but surely now half the guests must have seen those films a dozen times. I for one am quite tired of having to sit through Eddie Murphy's comedy shtick against my will, haha.

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"I for one am quite tired of having to sit through Eddie Murphy's comedy shtick against my will, haha.
I've managed to dash through that room and out the exit doors before, for some reason. Makes the whole experience a little pointless though. I'd just like to not be rushed through the pre-show room, really. It's downhill from there.

Here's a plan I did a while ago - there's really only one wall needs knocking through to make this idea happen:

Without the show/tour set-up, more exhibits could be added in the middle of the pre-show room, and the current Disney Classics Theatre developed into something more atmospheric like the rooms in California or a permanent version of the cinema in Videopolis, showing old shorts, since I'd imagine few people would specifically watch the highlights reel.

In California they've also had special art exhibitions for re-releases and anniversaries like Snow White, which would surely be popular here. I noticed last visit how many people actually stop to look at the displays in the post-show. There's a market there at WDS for ways to pass your time other than standing in the RC Racer queue...

Adam

This is one area that really needs to be used much better. For the last few years, I have entered via the exit and got to the main attraction - animation academy. I have seen a lot more people doing this.

I think a better layout would be to ditch all apart from the post show area (turn rest into new attraction!), block off the entrance to the boutique and exit from Drawn to Animation, expand the animation academy to take over the exit area from DTA, move (or axe) the zoetropes to against a wall and then use the other half of the room into a new theatre to do a interactive show.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"I've managed to dash through that room and out the exit doors before, for some reason. Makes the whole experience a little pointless though. I'd just like to not be rushed through the pre-show room, really. It's downhill from there.

Here's a plan I did a while ago - there's really only one wall needs knocking through to make this idea happen:

Without the show/tour set-up, more exhibits could be added in the middle of the pre-show room, and the current Disney Classics Theatre developed into something more atmospheric like the rooms in California or a permanent version of the cinema in Videopolis, showing old shorts, since I'd imagine few people would specifically watch the highlights reel.

In California they've also had special art exhibitions for re-releases and anniversaries like Snow White, which would surely be popular here. I noticed last visit how many people actually stop to look at the displays in the post-show. There's a market there at WDS for ways to pass your time other than standing in the RC Racer queue...

Yes, I remember that layout you did. I agree that would already be a huge improvement. The highlights reel could be projected on screens above the lobby as in California, where it works hugely atmospherically. Although I'm not sure which of the two lobbies would be the new lobby.

I know it would cost a fair bit of money (not a huge amount, but a fair amount) to redevelop the attraction into a slightly smaller version of California's, but I think it would be worth it. The current attraction in the Studios is not going to be able to draw crowds until the year 2030. Heck, it seems to be pretty underpopulated now.

Unfortunately, they're far more likely at this point to replace it with a Pixar thing, in which case I'd mourn its loss, even Eddie Murphy's. It's still in many ways the emotional core of the park, sad as that may be.

gingajen

Here is waht I remember or noticed during our trip 23/24th April 2011

RnRc;

Smoke
Flashing lights during start
Flashing lights in brake tunnel
On board sound system
Strobe lighting throughout the ride
Video wall pre ride
All working after the 30 minute breakdown.

ToT
Fibre glass on sign
Elevator 'pointers'
-Working
I don't remember hearing dripping water in the boiler, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. I was a bit preoccupied with the upcoming terror!

dagobert

There is also live music in Studio 1. That's great!!!

http://www.pixiedust.be/report23mei2011.html

Festival Disney

Not an effect nor an important detail yet I feel it should still get a mention...
Drain covers. Here's pictures from Toy Story Playland. It doesn't take much to have this right surely...  :roll:
The same thing can be seen next door at Disneyland too.

(Bit Blurry but I didn't want to appear too weird)  :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Ravenseye

Quote from: RnRCj on November 06, 2008, 06:23:49 PM
Quote from: Magic M***Rock'n'Rollercoaster***
Smoke machines.

The most important effect of all! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Would have to give that a +/- because it only occasionally works!

There's some other effects in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster:

Launch tunnel lights +
Brake tunnel lights +
Main lightshow +/- (only some of the lights are working)
The LCD countdown screen +
Soundtracker 1 audio +
Soundtracker 2 audio +
Soundtracker 3 audio +
Soundtracker 4 audio +
Soundtracker 5 audio +

The smoke machines were not working on my recent visit, much to my dismay. I love that effect! It just isn't the same with out it, the swirling mystery added so much to the anticipation.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...