How much will Whit Monday affect the following week?

Started by ilovedisneylandparis, September 20, 2013, 10:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovedisneylandparis

Hi everyone. We went to book last night (very exciting!) but decided to quickly check that the dates we'd chosen didn't overlap with any school holidays etc. We found out that the first day we'd like to be there (Monday 9th June) is Whit Monday in France and therefore a public holiday.

What do you think this will mean for the rest of the week? We're not too bothered about it being busy on the Monday itself, because we never do a huge amount on the first day, but we're just a little concerned about how busy it'd be for the rest of the week as a result of the Whit Monday...will people use this opportunity to take a full week off work?

I'm not sure if I am worrying over nothing! But this is really one of the only weeks we can do so we're hoping it won't be too much busier than usual?

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help  :) I really appreciate it!

GeoffD

Since it's not a school holiday anywhere in France, I can't see the parks being too busy that week. I doubt people will take the full week off work either, it's too close to the main summer holiday period.

I think you'll have a reasonably quiet week :)

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: TownSquare on September 20, 2013, 12:25:46 PM
Since it's not a school holiday anywhere in France, I can't see the parks being too busy that week. I doubt people will take the full week off work either, it's too close to the main summer holiday period.

I think you'll have a reasonably quiet week :)

Thanks so much! That has made us feel a lot better about it :) We go at the same time give or take a week or two, every year, and we've always managed to avoid Whit Monday up til this point, so this had sent me into a bit of a panic, haha  :-[ Thanks again!