Kyriad Hotel

Started by orangarnold, September 14, 2013, 06:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangarnold

Hello,

this is my first time staying at a 'Disney' hotel since I was 9.

I'm going to be staying at the Kyriad next month, and any tips and hints about the hotel, services, shuttle bus etc would be great if anyone would care to share?

PS Have they 100% got rid of the kettles?

SVioletS

I will follow your post as we are considering staying there for one night in April! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

captain rocket

First point, the Kyriad is a Disney partner hotel not a Disney hotel.
I have stayed here three times and am staying again next month.
I believe that the official rating is 2 star but my opinion is that it is better than that!
The hotel is low rise and comprises two main blocks and a seperate restaurant.
The restaurant serves buffet breakfast from 0700 and this is the usual fare for a continental hotel, cereals,croisants,bread spreads ham cheese etc. If the package includes breakfast enjoy, but if it does not the price is a hefty 12 euros and my opinion is that it is not worth it! I take my buffet breakfast at the Disneyland hotel which is superb and includes everything you could want including cooked foods and is priced at 14 euros.
The rooms are modern and clean , but I am afraid all reports are that the kettles have indeed disapeared. I always request a room in the main building, just my choice and this is where reception, Disney shop and bar are located. There is no swimming pool.
The shuttle bus service starts around 06.00 and there is a timetable at the bus stop outside reception, it is worth consulting if you want to go to the parks early as the service is about every 30 minutes. This becomes more regular at the busy times of the day. The buses call at all four partner hotel, the Kyriad is usually the second stop to and from the park.
My overall opinion is that the Kyriad is better than its rating and I have no hesitation in recommending it.
Any more questions, please ask.

orlandofan

Having just returned from Disneyland Paris in July, and this being our 6th visit on this occasion we stayed at the Marriott Vacation resort which was out of this world and by far the best ever stayed in, Full marks to the Marriott, unfortunately we needed to stay one night elsewhere and choose the 'Kyriad' the 10hours we spent in the room was to long! we were put in one of the out buildings which must be worse than the main building, the rooms are so ridiculously small and just not suitable for a family of 4, it was only made up for 3! having asked for another pillow it arrived covered in stains! breakfast was very mediocre, not worth paying for.
The reception staff were very pleasant but the outer buildings need a major revamp, we have stayed at the 'dreamcastle' which for the extra money and not as much as the Disney hotels I would recommend that hotel over this one, the busses did run regular as it was summer,   

orangarnold

I knew it was a partner hotel, I just called it a Disney Hotel as in my mind thats what it is. Sorry for the confusion.

I have booked a cheap and cheerful weekend away to spend quality time with a friend I hardly see, we both just want a bed and a shower really.

I shall have to pack my own kettle and be grateful I got a B and B package too  ;D

captain rocket

Orlandofan, Sorry you had a bad experience, this has not happened to me! I have stayed at all the partner hotels and usually book the cheapest! Its only somewhere to sleep! In my experience my two night stay is usually £70/80 more at the Dream Castle or Magic Circus, not worth it for a slightly bigger room and superior breakfast!

lindavdende

I stayed there last week for 3 nights. No complaints at all! Room was good and breakfast too. They also have scrumbled eggs and sausages and you can toast your bread.
Only thing that wasnt Nice, was that i lost my jacket on way from room to the car when we went back home. But that was my own fault.
At busy times that shuttlebus will leave every 10 minutes. After the park closes go into Disney village first, cause the busses are overloaded then. Just go wonder around in the shops and go back to the bus stop later.
Oh and no kettles ;)

orangarnold

Room wise should I expect something along the lines of a Travelodge?

captain rocket

No way!! Much better appointed and more comfortable than a travelodge!!

orangarnold

Quote from: captain rocket on September 15, 2013, 09:46:20 PM
No way!! Much better appointed and more comfortable than a travelodge!!

Well then I shall be more than fine  ;D