Connecting rooms or a cabin at davy crockett ranch at christmas ??

Started by irishbhoy1888, September 06, 2013, 04:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

Hi , we are thinking of taking the family back to dlrp in December ! we were there last November and stayed at the sequoia lodge in a room in the main hotel building .
The problem we had then was( and still is ) is that our 1 year old is a nightmare to settle for bed time !!
And when its time to sleep you basically need to be able to put her in a room on her own , turn out the lights and leave ..
Now only having a single room in disney that was not possible and all hell broke loose when we tried to settle her .
It was extremely frustrating for us as we had our son there too (age 3) who was trying to sleep but if you new my little girl , that would be impossible  :'( .. when she snaps , she snaps big time ..
we walked the corridors for hours trying to settle her with even other guests being woken and as you can imaging it wasn't nice .
So we promised to never make that mistake again and plan our sleeping arrangements a bit better which is why im here looking for advice on what would be more preferably suited  ;D  A cabin a Davys ranch or connecting rooms at a Disney hotel ??
I am aware that i need my car for Davys ranch and will be bringing one either way .
Your advice would be greatly appreciated ..
p.s Are the cabins at davy crockett ranch good at heating as December will be Baltic in Paris ???

amanda08

Hi Irishbhoy - that does not sound fun!

We really liked Davy Crockets and it  is great having those 2 bedrooms plus seperate lounge so that when the kids are sleeping you can still stay up, maybe have  glass of wine or cup of tea and chill out a bit. We were there in August though so cant comment about how warm it would be in winter.

FYI, santa fe have family rooms but they are really 2 rooms that are connected - much cheaper then 2 rooms at SL. Only bookable by telephone though
Have a fab trip whatever you decide  :)

emsamess

We chose Davy Crockett so that our son could have his own room and we would not have to be quiet once he was in bed.

We had a premium cabin, which had two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living space. We went in December and the cabins were plenty warm. Neither of us can remember if there were radiators or fans heaters, what ever it was worked well. We are going again in December and staying that the ranch, so it has not put us off!

What we did take was a small cheap torch each. Whilst the ranch is lit, it's not bright and for our son, holding his torch somehow made him feel braver.

Finally, with the car, we picked up a hire car at the Disney Train Station. Very, very quick and easy to get to and from the ranch.

irishbhoy1888

Thanks for the reply people  8)looks like it will be the Davy crocket ranch,  can't wait.

JediBUZ

We really had a great time at the Davy Crockett Ranch last year.  If only it was on site like the other hotels it would be truly amazing.   The premier cabins are great and far far exceeded our expectations.  This year though we are doing your other option, connecting rooms at Sequoia Lodge.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

lovindisney87

I used to stay at Davy Crockett Ranch when i went with my parents and brother and sister, the last time being 10 years ago. But we  always went whilst the christmas celebrations were on, and the place is magical, i remember walking to get our breakfast packages of croissants and jams all boxed up ready. Absolutely loved it, if i drove now i would definately take my two there.

Hope u have an amazing time  ;D ;D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: lovindisney87 on September 09, 2013, 03:16:53 PM
I used to stay at Davy Crockett Ranch when i went with my scum arents and brother and sister, the last time being 10 years ago. But we  always went whilst the christmas celebrations were on, and the place is magical, i remember walking to get our breakfast packages of croissants and jams all boxed up ready. Absolutely loved it, if i drove now i would definately take my two there.

That's just the way I imagine it to be :-) frosty cold,  christmassy,  In a woodland area with a lovely warm cabin to go back to after a day fun  In the parks. 
A major plus is the twin rooms so you can get the kids of to sleep and then put the feet up for the night :-)

lovindisney87

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on September 09, 2013, 03:27:47 PM
I used to stay at Davy Crockett Ranch when i went with my parents and brother and sister, the last time being 10 years ago. But we  always went whilst the christmas celebrations were on, and the place is magical, i remember walking to get our breakfast packages of croissants and jams all boxed up ready. Absolutely loved it, if i drove now i would definately take my two there.

That's just the way I imagine it to be :-) frosty cold,  christmassy,  In a woodland area with a lovely warm cabin to go back to after a day fun  In the parks. 
A major plus is the twin rooms so you can get the kids of to sleep and then put the feet up for the night :-)

We used to moan about the LONG drive, :D which to us felt ages but is actually really not that far, but to us as kids we thought we were hours away :D . But from all the trips we had i always remember the ones at Davy Crockett.
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: lovindisney87 on September 09, 2013, 03:33:43 PM

We used to moan about the LONG drive, :D which to us felt ages but is actually really not that far, but to us as kids we thought we were hours away :D . But from all the trips we had i always remember the ones at Davy Crockett.

How long of a drive is it? And where do you leave the car?

lovindisney87

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on September 09, 2013, 03:42:24 PM

I am not sure exactly how long the drive is 20 minutes i think and i believe u get free parking in the disney car park. Then you get to do the walk to the entrance of the parks, which i walked back to when we went by eurostar just to show the kids. You have the travelators all the way along the side of the car park until you get to the top right behind disney village and turn right to walk to park entrances.  :)
[size=150]Disney trips

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: lovindisney87 on September 09, 2013, 03:50:56 PM
Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on September 09, 2013, 03:42:24 PM

I am not sure exactly how long the drive is 20 minutes i think and i believe u get free parking in the disney car park. Then you get to do the walk to the entrance of the parks, which i walked back to when we went by eurostar just to show the kids. You have the travelators all the way along the side of the car park until you get to the top right behind disney village and turn right to walk to park entrances.  :)

That's not far at all :-)  we will do that so,  thanks for the info :-)

JediBUZ

by the last day it's only a 5 minute drive, when you know where your going.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

amanda08

its a 7 mins drive tops and very easy to do - signposted all the way :)