September trip....seeking tips

Started by lindavdende, August 14, 2013, 06:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindavdende

Hi everyone,
I will be in Disneyland 9 till 11 september. Staying at the Kyriad Disney hotel for two nights. And 9 and 10 september wel will be at the parks.
Do you guys have any tips? We hope to do most of the rides. How are the crowds om those days?
It will be me (38 years) and my mom (63 years) by the way. And we normally go into every ride in parks (although we might be scared before we actually ride them haha).
Looking forward to the trip and counting down!

BOOMitsGeorgia

i'm there the same time as you :) 8th-12th for me and staying at the same hotel :)

me and my friends have written down the things we really want to do and if we have time we will try to do as much as possible :) Think we're starting one day in Disneyland and the other day in the studios so hopefully the queue for crush's coaster won't be too huge

lindavdende

Would be funny if we have rooms next to each other ;)
Crush coasters queue is what i fear most. Let's just hope everyone went to the parcs in the summer and we will have a quiet time there.
Have you been to Kyriad before? I normally stay at a disney hotel, so it will be first time for me staying a bit further away

BOOMitsGeorgia

haha yeah
Yeah i'm hoping it won't be too mental!
I haven't been to DLRP since I was 7 (i'm now 19) and I think me and my family stayed in a caravan outside of Disney! Hoping it's not too far away, from reviews it seems quite close :)

bad-pink-tink

some of my tips

1. Do a complete circuit of the Disney railroad, starting and finishing at Main Street USA

2. To save time (and legs) get the bus from Main Street USA to The Castle.

3. Make sure to see the dragon hidden under the castle

4. Check out the Fast Pass tickets for some of the rides, this can help you plan your day so you dont miss out the more popular rides with long queues

5. Wear comfortable shoes as there is alot of walking and prepare for all weathers. I was in DLP around the same time a few years ago. On the Saturday there was bright sunshine and I needed sunglasses and sunscreen, on the Sunday it rained so much I bought a poncho!!
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

HFJohnson

We're there a week later - not long now!

Those dates are in term time so the crowds should be pretty manageable.

My biggest tip would be to see Dreams! I think the parks close at 8.30 or 9 in September so we won't have to stay up too late to see it.

captain rocket

All good advice.
I have stayed at the Kyriad 6 times and will be there 16th October, it is highly under rated as a hotel and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with it! It is only 2star but the accomodation is as good as the Dream Castle and Magic Circus nearby, in my opinion (I have stayed in both of those on several ocassions) If you are on room only the breakfast option is not a good deal (I think it was 12 euros by memory) if you are on B &B it is fine. If you are on room only try breakfast at the Disneyland hotel, it is 14 euros and  you get a really good choice of hot & cold food, meet characters outside the dining room and hey , it's the DISNEYLAND hotel! You do not have to be resident to eat there!
The bedroom is complete with a kettle and coffee , tea and biscuits and is refreshed each night. It does not have a pool but that just gives you more time in the parks! The only disadvantage in my opinion is that the complimentary busses are hideously overcrowded travelling back after Dreams and I would advise browsing the shops or eating in Disney Village for a while and letting the crowds die down before going back to the hotel. I'm sure you will have a good time at the Kyriad and if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

lindavdende

Thank you all for the tips so far! Trying to make a great trip out of those days. My mom had a small stroke (tia) about two months ago, so im glad i can still do this with her. She made me laugh out loud today when she said she cant wait to ride Space Tower.....

@captain rocket: can you remember till how long after Dreams the busses will ride?

captain rocket

They run for about an hour after Dreams, if Dreams is on at 23.00. That can make it a bit tight, but I have never not been able to get back to the hotel. Get those elbows sharpened and don't show any British reserve!

lindavdende

Thanks! It's at 21.00 when I'm there. Haha im not britisch and we always run through crowds, so that should be okay ;)

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: "lindavdende"Hi everyone,
I will be in Disneyland 9 till 11 september. Staying at the Kyriad Disney hotel for two nights. And 9 and 10 september wel will be at the parks.
Do you guys have any tips? We hope to do most of the rides. How are the crowds om those days?
It will be me (38 years) and my mom (63 years) by the way. And we normally go into every ride in parks (although we might be scared before we actually ride them haha).
Looking forward to the trip and counting down!

Hi
On those dates the Parcs should be empty  :) .  I would be surprised if most queues were more than 5-10 mins.  We were there last week (a few hours Thursday evening and 4-5 hours Friday morning) and we went on every ride in the main Parc without queueing for more than 20 mins, plus we dined at Blue Lagoon, and even got trapped on Small World after it broke down, LOL.

September is one of the quietest times of the year, so have a great time!

Sulley's Arms
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

lindavdende

Thanks! We will have a great time, although i hope that we wont get stuck on its a small world haha.

We booked an extra night at the kyriad. So now spend the night there before going into the parks. A lot better then driving there in the night. And third night was free, so great deal.

lindavdende

Only three nights to go before we leave for Paris. We will be in paris on sunday and in Disneyland monday and tuesday. (Driving back wednesday)
Any last minute tips voor paris or Disneyland?

Alexz

My and my girlfriend is going to Paris and Disneyland in a week and we got a few tips regarding Paris that I can share.
- Visit the Montparnasse Tower. Excellent view of Paris and the Eiffel Tower (http://www.tourmontparnasse56.com/en/)
- Take a Seine River Cruise. You can see many of the interesting sights of Paris during the cruise.
- Buy a ComboPass Lite for 1 day. Free unlimited use of all public transport services, free Seine River Cruise, free access to the Louvre + some more things include in this pass (http://www.conciergerie.com/paris/pass/paris-combo-pass-lite.php).

I hope you'll get a wonderful time in Paris and Disneyland! :)
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -