Lifts at Sequoia Lodge?

Started by missoverexcited, August 19, 2013, 11:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missoverexcited

Hi, can anyone tell me how many floors there are at Sequoia Lodge and if there are lifts?

Alexz

I haven't been there myself but what I have read is that the hotel got 7 floors and lift/s.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

gemma2806

Yes Alexz is right. The main hotel has 7 floors, floors 5 to 7 are mainly Golden Forest Club rooms and suites. The hotel is split into the North Wing and South Wing and each Wing has two lifts. There is also a small lift that runs from the lobby level down one level to the restaurants. This is a very small lift and when I went last year there was only just enough room for myself, my partner and our 2 yr old son in his buggy and this was a squeeze! The idea is that this lift is for buggy users or disabled persons as the only other way to get to the restaurants is down two flights of stairs. It's worth noting that this lift has a habit of breaking down and therefore you have to carry pushchairs etc up the stairs if it is not working. However if for example a wheelchair user needed to use the lift but it was out of order the quickest and safest way to get to the parks would be to go out the main entrance on the lobby level and head to the left, following the path through the hotel grounds and coming out just before the bridge to the Disney Village.

missoverexcited

Thanks for such a detailed answer! DH is not in a wheelchair so far but as few sets of stairs as possible would be appreciated due to his mobility issues.

gemma2806

If your husband has some mobility issues make sure to ask for a room near to the lifts as if they put you in a room away from the lifts you could have quite a trek to get to the lifts as the main building of the hotel is enormous! Last year we had room 4331 which was a Montana Lake View. It was a beautiful room but was at the very end of the corridor in the north wing and was a BIG trek to the lifts every day, not so much for us but definitely for our 2 year old!

If you've not booked a Lake View room or if you have but don't mind only a partial view then ask for a room on the lobby level just to be sure but again ask for one close to reception. Given the size of the hotel the rooms are surprisingly well sound proofed so even a room near to lifts or amenities are relatively quiet.

missoverexcited

What is the best way to make room requests if you're booking online?

tubbsy

It doesnt matter that you have booked online. You can still give them a call about a week before you visit.
Sequoia Lodges number.
 +33 (0) 1 60 45 51 00
You can also email guest relations
https://my-disneyland.disneylandparis.c ... ct-us.html
Go to the bottom
Reason for contacting us

Dont forget to include any booking reference and date of arrival

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

gemma2806

Tubbsy has provided all the information you need to sort this but also just re-request this when you check in as if it is a quieter time of year they tend to be more amenable to putting you in a room of your choice when the hotel is quieter.

missoverexcited

Fantastic, thank you both  :thumbs: