Traveling between DLP and Paris

Started by JLHajek, August 11, 2013, 08:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLHajek

Hello to all you expert DLP peoples.
I am new to this forum and am seeking advice regarding our stay and traveling.
We will be staying on Disney property and are planning on going into Paris for sights and general tourist activities.  
Could you please help me understand the best use of time and travel?  We arrive on property Friday 13th and are currently thinking to spend Sat. Sun. in Park and then Mon. Tues. Weds wondering Paris.  

We are open to any and all suggestions.  

Thank you
Lisa

Kristof

Hi Lisa, you should post these kind of questions in the Trip Planning board, that's where all the experts are! :-D

I moved the topic for you! Have fun here!

gemma2806

Hi Lisa welcome to the forum!

Firstly I would say don't visit the parks Saturday and Sunday!! Visit them sometime Monday to Wednesday instead. Monday and Tuesday are the quietest days of the week to visit the parks and you should get to see and do most things with the minimal of queues. Weekends any time of the year are the busiest days of the week and having incorporated two weekends into our last trip I can safely say that we wanted to be out of the parks and away from the crowds!

There are several ways to see Paris from DLP. You could go on an organised excursion either for the day or the evening that leaves from the Hotel New York and can be booked before you leave via Disney or at the concierge desk in your hotel.

If you want to do things yourself, the cheapest option is to catch the RER train from the station at DLP. You can get multi-use passes at very reasonable prices from the train station. If you want to visit La Vallee Village and the Val d'Europe shopping centre and Aquarium etc you can either catch the free shuttle from outside the train station ( there are times for shuttles at the relevant shops) or again you can catch the RER one stop (this cost €7 return in total for myself, my partner and our 2yr old son).

I hope this helps.

orangarnold

Get a carte mobilis which are around €16 for unlimited travel for the day between the Park and all around Paris, well worth the money.