Tips please...First time to Disney for 3 and 33 year old

Started by pippys mum, August 03, 2013, 08:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pippys mum

Hi

We (husband me and 3yr old daughter) are camping in France in September and am looking for tips relating to Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios.
I would be grateful if you could advise:

Whats the difference between the 2 parks?
Are both suitable for a 3 year old ( she loves Toy Story, Disney Princesses, little mermaid and Nemo)?  We will only be at each Park for one day so what should be our must do activities?
How do I book a meal with the characters and is it worth doing?
Wheres the cheapest place to buy tickets?
Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

tubbsy

Hi pippys mum and welcome to the forum! :D
Ok, you can book a character meal by ringing reservations. (Check out the extra threads in the planning section dedicated to restaurants and dining. It lists the telephone number there for you to ring and book)
Also check out DLRP Magic for the menus :)
Its up to you where you want to eat? What do your family like to eat?  L'Auberge De Cendrillon is great to meet the Princesses, but isnt cheap. Both my DD and DS loved it there. They met Cinderella, Belle, Aurora and Snow White with her Prince :)
Cafe Mickey-you get to see lots of different characters. Food is steaks, pizza, burgers, pasta etc.
Inventions-Buffet meal-lots of fish platters-same sort of price as L'Auberge, we saw lots of characters. And we love the food-AND its in the Disney Hotel! Fab! :D

Crushes Coaster is a QUICK coaster in the dark- so not for slow riders! Studios does have Stitch Live, Playhouse Disney, Slinky Dog, RC Racer and Aladdins Carpets for younger riders.
Disney Park has more to do for younger visitors-especially fantasy land-Peter Pans flight, Dumbo, Casey, Its a Small World, Pinnochio, Snow White-Plus the chance to see a Princess at the Princess Pavilion.

We always get our tickets in a package so cant help you there.
But I do know it depends on how many days you are going to do in the parks. If you're going to do quite a few, then I have heard Annual Passports work out the cheapest? (Someone else will give you the best advice on that one!)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Shannon

Hello!

As tubbsy has said, the Disneyland Park is better for younger children as there is much more to see and do. You may even find that you have ran out of things to do in the Studios if you're there for the whole day and want to go back to the main park! However, there's Toy Story Playland in the Studios which is nice to look around (although there's only one ride for young children - Slinky Dog) and there's Animagique which is a show featuring some popular Disney characters and songs. Quite a few characters come out together in the Studios in the afternoon which is nice and that would be a good opportunity to get lots of photos and maybe autographs? Make sure that you don't miss the parades! If it's busy you may need to find a spot a little while before the parade so that you get the best view :)

If you want to meet more than one Princess then I'd recommend the Auberge de Cendrillon - but it is quite pricey, otherwise there's the Princess Pavilion in Fantasyland where you can meet a random princess. If you're happy just seeing them, then they walk by it's a small world (which is a must do ride!) about every half an hour when they change over in the pavilion.

Character meals are definitely worth doing and you usually have to ring up and book in advance because they fill up. I went to Café Mickey on my previous trip and it was really nice there - it wasn't too expensive, and the characters have a lot of time for you which is lovely. We met 5 characters there (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Eeyore) so do bear this in mind if you decide to queue up for a character in the park and then you end up seeing them there too. There's also Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel, but this is quite a bit more expensive and you see similar characters to Café Mickey.

If you want to see more characters and are going on Thurs, Fri, Sat or Sun, then there's a little show type thing in the Disneyland Hotel called the Descent of the Stairs, where about 5 characters dance down the stairs and then are available for photos and autographs. It's not as busy as when you meet characters in the park so it may be worth doing! There's a sign in the lobby at the bottom of the stairs which tells you the time that it's on (usually 4 or 5 pm I think).

I'm not too sure where's cheapest for tickets because we usually book as a package. Sometimes there's offers on the actual Disneyland website (http://offers.disneylandparis.co.uk/tic ... dex.xhtml#) but other than that I'm not sure.

I hope that this helps and that you have a wonderful time there! :D

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]