Day trip to Paris

Started by Minne&Mickey92, July 22, 2013, 08:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minne&Mickey92

Heya Everyone

We have an upcoming trip in August for my 21st and this time my parents are coming with us ! :)
the first day were there is my actual birthday so obviously were spending that in dip.
however mum and dad want to visit paris for the day on the second day of the trip, but they wanna be back by 7pm to watch the parade as were gonna miss it the first night :) but as in all the many visits weve had to dlp weve never gone into paris and i have no idea of all the options of transport to get there an back :), ive heard that theres possibly a shuttle from the disney hotels ?  so any tips about day trips into paris and how to get there from dip would be amazzzing !

thanks in advance
clo !! :)

tubbsy

Morning!
There are tours put on by DLP, if you go to their website you can find info there on tours and shuttles

http://entertainment.disneylandparis.co ... dex.xhtml#

However, I have been reliably informed that it is just as easy to do using RER. I am not a confident traveller, but my husband works in Geneva and Munich and doesnt speak any French or much German says its pretty easy.

These directions were given to me by another forum member-I am sure someone will jump in with more helpful advice!

If you go on the RER you get off at Charles De Gaule Etoile. Then jump onto the metro line 6 heading towards 'Nation'. If you get off at Bir Hakeim you can walk towards the Eiffel Tower.

Then the world, or rather, Paris, is your Oyster.
There are different tour buses you can take, plus the boats (Bateau Mouche etc) that will take you up the Seine.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

orangarnold

Take the RER, buy a carte mobilis (€16 or so) which will give you unlimited travel for the day. Getting off at CDG Etolie is a good idea as that's the arc de triomphe, then walk down the champs élysées towards the louvre, from there walk along the river to Notre dame, then get the RER on the left bank (st Michele) to bir hakim for the Eiffel Tower, then from there you can get the number 6 metro to CDG Etolie again back to the RER and DLP. If time is of the essence book tickets in advance if you can for the louvre and Eiffel tower

tubbsy

We're doing it the other way round orangarnold as I havent bought online tickets for the Eiffel Tower (D'oh!) so we are hoping to be there early. I will queue and the other members of our party will run up to the Statue of Liberty and back (Well, thats the plan!)
Thanks for the price on the carte mobilis ticket :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

orangarnold

Quote from: "tubbsy"We're doing it the other way round orangarnold as I havent bought online tickets for the tower (D'oh!) so we are hoping to be there early. I will queue and the other members of our party will run up to the Statue of Liberty and back (Well, thats the plan!)
Thanks for the price on the carte mobilis ticket :)

No worries, if you don't have tower tickets it might be worth looking into tour montparnasse as there's no queues and the sights are slowly better

orangarnold

Slightly not slowly

tubbsy

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia