Transfer for Charles de Gaulle.

Started by Gemma W, June 12, 2013, 11:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma W

Hi We have decided to fly into Paris for our trip to Disneyland Paris in February and I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this and could offer us any tips. I have read the transfer takes about an hour but does it go at set times? Also I have read that for the return transfer they recommend leaving 2.5 hrs which seems a long time if it only takes an hour. Is this the correct amount of time really? What do you do about luggage etc on your last day?

Sorry for so many questions!

Thanks
Gemma

emsamess

We flew into CDG last year and will be doing the same this. Neither of us are very good on coaches, so we caught the TGV.

In theory the TGV is a good idea, but as the journey was to be only 10 mins, we stood with a 4 year old and luggage. Unfortunately this was near to the loo. We had to keep moving cases and a very unhappy child so that people could get to the loo. Then the train was late leaving and people stood outside getting a last minute fag. We were gassed........

This year we will be hiring a car from CDG and driving to Disney.

With the luggage, last year we left it at left luggage at the train station. It is on the 2nd floor and has big lockers. I am told that you can also leave it at left luggage in Disney, but have never tried that.

Hopefully someone will give you more info on the coach transfer, but you would still be able to leave your luggage at the train station. Depending on your hotel, it may be possible to leave it there.

Em

Elaine

I wouldn't do the VEA coach transfer - its now the slowest and one of the most expensive ways of transferring from CDG to DLP.

We usually take a shared shuttle with rstransports from CDG to DLP (around 30-40 minutes journey by road once you are through security and out of your arrival gate) and then the TGV back from DLP to CDG on our last day (with luggage popped into the train station lockers in the morning for the whole day).

DLRP Roundup!

I found the TGV pretty quick and ten times better than the slow bus. I stood in the hallway due to it only being a 9 minute trip.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Gemma W

Thanks so much for your replies! So helpful! Have now cancelled transfers and will take the train. :) xx