Our plans keep changing!

Started by jeakat24, June 24, 2013, 04:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

We booked our trip back in March.

Five days, 30th September -4th October. We decided to drive, for the first time ever, because the Eurostar was coming in at just over £600 for three adults and a one year old (not in a separate seat either!)  :shock: That was only £100 less than the actual cost of the trip!

We then decided that we'd like to travel up the day before. The drive from ours would mean leaving really, really early in order to actually get some time in the parks, and we wanted to make sure we were up and awake enough for Dreams because at the time we weren't sure if it would be daily after 30th so we might not have been able to see it again (none of us have ever seen it so didn't want to miss it!)

So we decided we'd drive up the day before and stay in the Kyriad as it was a really good price (£72 for four of us). That way we could leave around 10am and take our time driving as neither of us have driven on the right hand side of the road before. And the in April we found out I'm pregnant! At first we weren't sure what to do with regards to the trip but my mum is coming with us and it's her first trip so we didn't want to let her down, though we knew she'd more than understand! Plus we thought it would be a good opportunity to spend some quality time with DD before her brother or sister comes along.

So, because I'm due on anew Years Eve  :shock:  :lol:  I will be six months pregnant when we go to DLP! Obviously it means I can't go on much, which is fine really (though I'm going to have to check that POTC is ok because I so want to go on it!) and the walking around all day is going to be tough but it'll be worth it!

Because of my pregnancy I was getting quite nervous about the drive and how long and hard it was going to be on me (I got quite uncomfortable in my last pregnancy going anywhere in the car). So as I hadn't actually booked the eurotunnel I double checked the Eurostar website, not really expecting the prices to have changed since I looked before we booked, but they had! £54.50 each way per adult! We would have been spending £140 on the eurotunnel and with tolls and petrol etc it would work out about the same price so we booked it yesterday  :thumbs:

With the cost of petrol and parking at Ashford it will bring to price up but I think it's worth it. And we've kept the Kyriad for the day before so we can either relax in the village or pop into Paris for the afternoon/evening n the Sunday  :D

I've never been n a trip with so many changes but I think it's all worked out for the best and now I just can't wait to go! Only 96 days left  :lol:
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

tubbsy

Oh my word! So much going on! Just think of the baby bits you can pick up in Disney!
I was 6 mohts pregnant when we went in June 2002. I was uncomfortable too-hip trouble. If I remember rightly, I couldnt ride POTC. I can remember standing/sitting/eating ice cream for about an hour when DH and DD appeared grinning. POTC had broken down and they had been stuck for about 20 mins at the top of a drop-But they got to go all the way round again once it got going as there was no queue!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

polar vixen

Congrats on your pregnancy!  I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that expectant mothers can get a pass (which includes family members) to save them having to queue, so you can go straight to the exit, rather than having to stand for ages, the only thing is, there are very few rides it allows you on, purely because there's very few rides safe for pregnant women, but it might come in handy for shows etc? So you don't have to worry about getting pushed or knocked.
Have a great time!

jeakat24

Quote from: "tubbsy"Oh my word! So much going on! Just think of the baby bits you can pick up in Disney!
I was 6 mohts pregnant when we went in June 2002. I was uncomfortable too-hip trouble. If I remember rightly, I couldnt ride POTC. I can remember standing/sitting/eating ice cream for about an hour when DH and DD appeared grinning. POTC had broken down and they had been stuck for about 20 mins at the top of a drop-But they got to go all the way round again once it got going as there was no queue!

Ha ha, yes I was thinking of all the bits I can buy for baby!

Quote from: "polar vixen"Congrats on your pregnancy!  I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that expectant mothers can get a pass (which includes family members) to save them having to queue, so you can go straight to the exit, rather than having to stand for ages, the only thing is, there are very few rides it allows you on, purely because there's very few rides safe for pregnant women, but it might come in handy for shows etc? So you don't have to worry about getting pushed or knocked.
Have a great time!

I'll have to look into this thanks. I don't mind waiting for the rides but standing all that time for parades etc might be a bit tricky! I've already conceded that we are just not going to get a good spot for Dreams. I think I'd rather be further back and comfy!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

julesk

Congratulations on your wonderful Baby News. What an amazing idea to spend a night in Kyriad, I have never thought of that before. More research for me to do  :D . We found the Eurostar expensive, your really luckly getting such a great price. Have an amazing stay  :thumbs:

never2old

Congratulations on your pregnancy, excellent news!!! :D

We went to DLP when I was 5 months pregnant. It's true that there are not many rides that are recommended (and unfortunately POTC is not one of them).

When you get to the park go to City Hall, and ask about it (bring a medical certificate to say you are pregnant) They'll give you a little pink pass, which tells you which rides are OK for you to do, and allow you to go in through the exit and avoid the queues. With it you can also go to a reserved area for the parade, and now Dreams (though if I remember it rightly only 1 person could come with me for the parade). It's really a useful piece of paper; even if the park is not busy you can avoid doing any queues, and usually you'll find a place to sit while you wait.

Hopefully when you go you'll have nice weather (we had 3 days of non stop rain, when we went when I was pregnant....) so you can just relax and enjoy the park while the others go on rides you're not allowed to do. You can sit in a terrace and enjoy a hot drink, take some nice pictures, or simply do some shopping!!

Here's the list of rides you can do (I've taken it from the DCP website)

Disneyland Park

> Main Street
Disneyland Railroad
Main Street Vehicles and Horse-Drawn Streetcars

> Frontierland
Legends of the Wild West
Phantom Manor
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing

> Adventureland
La Cabane des Robinsons
Adventure Isle

> Fantasyland
Le Carrousel de Lancelot
Meet Mickey Mouse
Alice's Curious Labyrinth
Le Pays des Contes de Fées
It's a small world
Princesses Pavilion
Sleeping Beauty Castle

> Discoveryland
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
Les Mystères du Nautilus

WDS

> Production Courtyard
Cinémagique
Playhouse Disney Live
Stitch Live
Studio Tram Tours

> Backlot
Moteurs ... Action ! Stunt Show Spectacular

> Toon Studio
Animagique; Art of Disney Animation

Have a great time!!

jeakat24

Quote from: "julesk"Congratulations on your wonderful Baby News. What an amazing idea to spend a night in Kyriad, I have never thought of that before. More research for me to do  :D . We found the Eurostar expensive, your really luckly getting such a great price. Have an amazing stay  :thumbs:

Thank you. The Kyriad is definitely worth looking at, found it the cheapest of the selected hotels. I've never stayed off site before so though it will only be for one night (then we're at the Cheyenne) I'll report back on my findings! It would have definitely made the driving part easier, especially not having to get up at the crack of dawn!

Quote from: "never2old"Congratulations on your pregnancy, excellent news!!! :D

We went to DLP when I was 5 months pregnant. It's true that there are not many rides that are recommended (and unfortunately POTC is not one of them).

When you get to the park go to City Hall, and ask about it (bring a medical certificate to say you are pregnant) They'll give you a little pink pass, which tells you which rides are OK for you to do, and allow you to go in through the exit and avoid the queues. With it you can also go to a reserved area for the parade, and now Dreams (though if I remember it rightly only 1 person could come with me for the parade). It's really a useful piece of paper; even if the park is not busy you can avoid doing any queues, and usually you'll find a place to sit while you wait.

Hopefully when you go you'll have nice weather (we had 3 days of non stop rain, when we went when I was pregnant....) so you can just relax and enjoy the park while the others go on rides you're not allowed to do. You can sit in a terrace and enjoy a hot drink, take some nice pictures, or simply do some shopping!!

Here's the list of rides you can do (I've taken it from the DCP website)

Disneyland Park

> Main Street
Disneyland Railroad
Main Street Vehicles and Horse-Drawn Streetcars

> Frontierland
Legends of the Wild West
Phantom Manor
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing

> Adventureland
La Cabane des Robinsons
Adventure Isle

> Fantasyland
Le Carrousel de Lancelot
Meet Mickey Mouse
Alice's Curious Labyrinth
Le Pays des Contes de Fées
It's a small world
Princesses Pavilion
Sleeping Beauty Castle

> Discoveryland
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
Les Mystères du Nautilus

WDS

> Production Courtyard
Cinémagique
Playhouse Disney Live
Stitch Live
Studio Tram Tours

> Backlot
Moteurs ... Action ! Stunt Show Spectacular

> Toon Studio
Animagique; Art of Disney Animation

Have a great time!!

Thank you very much for all the advice, very helpful. And thank you for the list too. I suppose at least with going to Disney there are still an awful lot of attractions that are suitable for pregnant women, and I keep reminding myself that at least I've done all the ones I'm not allowed on before (with the exception of Armageddon).

Thanks again everyone! I feel like I can get properly excited for this trip now the pressure of driving is off  :D
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

never2old

You're not missing much with Armaggedon... ;)

We've done that a few times before, staying off site the night before (a couple of times in the Kyriad), we find it makes a big difference, you can start your Disney day bright and early, and refreshed after a good night sleep close to the magic :) If you don't get in to Marne la Vallée too late you can even get a bit of shopping done in the Val d'Europe shopping center, or even in the Disney Village :)

pialykke

Congratulations on your fantastic news!!   =D>

We are hoping to stay at the Kyriad one night before and one night after our 5 days there next year, as we only have evening flights to CDG and an early afternoon one back to Denmark... So in effect, we would lose 2 out of the 5 days if we didn't stay offsite before and after...
So all the info you can collect on the Kyriad will be much appreciated! Of course I have trawled the internet for info, but it's always nice to hear someone elses experiences...  :D

Hope you have a great time when you go!
XX

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe