Visiting Feb 2014- now worried will miss lots :(

Started by Gemma W, June 13, 2013, 11:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma W

Hi we booked on Monday to go to DLP for 4 nights early feb to coincide with my 30th birthday. I have been super excited and cant believe we will actually be there for my birthday but now starting to panic that because its low season we will miss lots. I have read somewhere that magic hours either aren't on or there isn't as much open in low season and also that the parades don't run everyday? Is this right??? Will there still be fireworks? Will there be as many characters around?

Sorry probably being silly but worried now!

emsamess

Go to the main DLP Magic site and find calendar. Got to each section, such as monthly park hours and then find archive. You will be able to see what went on in previous years. From a quick look at 2012, there were extra magic hours in February.

We have never been in February, but with the nights still dark early, Disney will sparkle. It is so magical walking around the park by torch light.

jeakat24

The parades are still on every day (unless there's really bad weather, but I believe it has got to be really bad before its cancelled). I also believe Dreams has been confirmed as being daily until September 2014 now  :D

Being off peak more rides are usually scheduled for closure and casey jnr and le payes are usually closed. Some restaurants are closed because they won't reach capacity on all of them in Feb but its not loads of them or anything. All in all, you won't miss out, in fact it will be really quiet so you'll get to do loads! Just remember to wrap up warm  :D
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

littlebitofpixiedust

Don't panic! We ALWAYS go of season usually jan/march sept and Disney still do it justice. We've always had the extra magic hours when we have been. You most probably will find there will be more ride refurbs but I assure you you will still have fun and hey least you won't be having to que for hours! We go early march every year and I'm telling you the majority of rides are walk on...cede the big ones!
If it was that bad of peak people like myself wouldn't keep going! Lol enjoy your birthday there :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "Gemma W"Hi we booked on Monday to go to DLP for 4 nights early feb to coincide with my 30th birthday. I have been super excited and cant believe we will actually be there for my birthday but now starting to panic that because its low season we will miss lots. I have read somewhere that magic hours either aren't on or there isn't as much open in low season and also that the parades don't run everyday? Is this right??? Will there still be fireworks? Will there be as many characters around?

Sorry probably being silly but worried now!

As for the fireworks (dreams) show I heard that they were still doing it next year as well? Recently announced?  Don't quote me on that! But I'm sure u could call and ask

julesk

We have never been in Feb, but go regularly in March / May / Dec. We went the week before the 20th Anniversary started and so many things had been cancelled or closed for refurb from rides to restraunts to meet n greets. We felt like you are feeling right now and even tried desperatly to cancel but it was to late. BUT, dont worry about it as to be honest. It was our best and most memorable trip ever. We had an amazing time and Disney did us proud. The CM's are always great too. Your have an amazing time eitherway, just make the most of what is there and as its quieter, least you wont have the high season queues to face.  :D

Gemma W

Ah thanks so much for your replies! Phew! I feel much better now and super super excited! Only 218 days to go!!!!! xxxx

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "Gemma W"Ah thanks so much for your replies! Phew! I feel much better now and super super excited! Only 218 days to go!!!!! xxxx

Enjoy it! Its gonna be cold so lots of layers! We went in jan couple years back and we were frozen but check and keep receipts sometimes they give a free hot drink away when u buy an item we kept going for hot chocolates to warm up with all our receipts lol :)

Gemma W

Oooo fab tip thank you! xxx

andlorna

Hi we went in Feb this year 18th-22nd  half term week and had a fab time. Some of the ride's where closed but you can go anytime and have closures. We took advantage of the extra hours in the morning.
I was worried about the weather having read other people experiences and packed lot's of warm clothing and hat's ,gloves etc but when we got there i was pleasantly surprised dont get me wrong it was still chilly but not as cold as expected.
I did post a trip report if you want to have a look at it. No matter what you will be in Disney on your birthday so i'm sure you will have a fantastic time. The good thing is the queuing time on some rides you could just walk straight on. We loved it that much that we have booked it again for next year. :lol:
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

hawian rollercoaster

hi we go every feb as its my daughters bday on valentines day which is also school half term . Parks are not as busy although each year feels busier than the last. Weather can be cold and we have had many snow days however there is nothing more beautiful than disneyland parc in the snow these days are often our favourite. Parades  being cancelled can be disappointing but as its off peak we can afford to stay for longer and usually our trips are for ten days and you can really enjoy those precious moments when the real snowflakes are falling on main street. Weekends are always busy . There are always extra magic hours everyday and no shortage of places to eat. This year due to dreams the park was opened longer on week nights making dreams at 7pm and 9pm and 10pm sat and sun . You will spend a lot less time in qeues giving you more time to explore. Have a great trip and dont worry you will have the time of your life. Are u getting a bday cake?

gemmasteele84

We used to go in feb but this year we went in May. while there were more characters about the park in May besides that there really was no difference in quality. It was MUCH quieter in feb though which was great. Only ride we had to queue for was crush. I would happily go in feb again :) In fact trying to convince hubby to go next year lol

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"We used to go in feb but this year we went in May. while there were more characters about the park in May besides that there really was no difference in quality. It was MUCH quieter in feb though which was great. Only ride we had to queue for was crush. I would happily go in feb again :) In fact trying to convince hubby to go next year lol

Always a que for crush... Lol best to get there First thing and run for it!! :D

SwipatronSparks

as far as history is concerned we have had most of our trips around your dates (usually the last few days of jan and first few of feb that odd week when its switching months) and we have never missed out on a parade or extra magic hours, one thing to keep in mind is that it is low season and Disney takes this time to carry out their ride refurbs so its possible that some of the more popular rides will be closed, keeping a look out here http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/closu ... bishments/ will let you know what rides are closed, that is the closures and refurbishment list published by Disney themselves and then the list is upated on dlrp magic, and it is usually published around 3 months in advance (so checking some time in december will cover your dates)  also the storybook boat ride, casey junior and autopia tend to be seasonally opened rides so there is a very high chance they will be closed during your trip
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....