Things You Need to Know Before You Go! [MF Version]

Started by DisneyManiac, May 27, 2013, 11:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

Whether this topic will crash and burn or become successful, post important news here for people who are going to DLP in the future so they're ready.

tubbsy

I was thinking of things like -
Take a small travel kettle and a brew kit (tea bags, coffee sachets etc) with you as most rooms dont come with them-And you can be charged a small fortune for them.

Or were you looking for more interesting news? Lol!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DisneyManiac

Well, I meant news about the resort itself, but that is a good idea!

tubbsy

LOlL! I did wonder!
I am currently doing loads of research as its our first trip for three years. But I dont think I am finding out anything new that you guys didnt know. We have only just discovered the edition of Lightning McQueen to Motuers Action and I am biting my tongue as I dont want to spol the surprise for our 10 year old. To us thats HUGE news! But probably old for you regular visitors :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DisneyManiac

No worries, hey here's something you might not know, the Descent of the Stairs?

tubbsy

I have heard of it from trip reports I have been catching up on, but would love to know more! How do you find out what time it is on? Is my big question :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

capitalbarbie

Hi

When is The Descent of the Stairs. Day, time etc?

Thank x
WDW Florida 1997
WDW Florida 1998
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 1999
WDW Florida 2006
WDW Florida 2009
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 2013

minnieme

If you mean the character meet and greet at the Disneyland Hotel, I stayed there last week. It was at 4pm Thursday to Sunday. The staff get all the kids sat round the bottom of the staircase and at 4pm the music starts. We only went one day and it was Tigger, White Rabbit, Pluto and Mickey. After they started making their way down the stairs, Eyeore wandered out chewing his tail. The kids loved it. The characters scattered around reception for autographs and photos. It was really good. The hotel staff looked stressed!!!

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

DisneyManiac

It's on every Thursday to Sunday at 4pm, you'll know when it's started when there's music

julesk

We did the desend of the stairs last thursday too, the charactors dancing was great, especially Tigger. But once they reached the bottom it was crazy. I agree the cast members looked stressed but they seemed really short staffed. We only did Tigger and regretted it. Poor Tigger was pushed so much eventually he got annoyed and started pushing people back. As for the live action, we did that on Thursday too and no Lightening McQueen appearance but the show was amazing. Must see but get there at least an hour before as the queues are right back to Animagique.

Animagique was amazing. We where front row and the charactors kept blowing kisses to our daughter. But dont sit to the sides or you wont see much at the front.

If your doing Inventions on the day of the stairs, I might be wrong but it was the same charactors for us. Inventions changed charactors every night apart from Mickey, which is great. No princesses. As for the princess meal, we did Tue and it was the same princesses as inside the Pavillion so dont double up.  

Buffallo Bills, we did first category but would just do category 2 next time as made no difference at all. Food was ok but hard to watch show and organise little one at the same time. Missed a lot but it was good.

Hope that helps a bit  :?:

ewormas

I know i've posted this before but if you want to go to Buffalo Bills Wild West Show book tickets at ticketnet.fr.  You can save a lot of cash there.  The 9.30 show is 35 euro a person and 40 euro for the 6.30 show.  you can print the tickets off at home so you can have a spare if you are as paranoid as I am about losing stuff!

Also again not quite on topic but we always take the vending machine style drinks (nescafe, cadburys etc) that you can buy in poundland. you get 8 in a pack and they have cups with them so you don't have to mess about washing up etc.

Have fabulous trips everyone!!!

julesk

Quote from: "tubbsy"I have heard of it from trip reports I have been catching up on, but would love to know more! How do you find out what time it is on? Is my big question :)

When you arrive, just pop into the Disneyland Hotel. At the bottom of the stairs is an info board. Its not clear, so have a good read but like everyone else said. Its Thu to Sun at 4pm. They dont give details of who will appear, if you where just walking through just before. Apart from the children all sat crossed legged at the bottom of the stairs. You would have no idea it was about to happen. No need to arrive early, the parents stand back and the children all get to see. Its a nice little treat for them.  :D

tubbsy

OOH! My two will love that ... And so will I ;) x
Rob has a disability pass so when we go to Animagique we are sat pretty central to it all it. Its lovely for him-Because its dark but there is a lot of space he doesnt feel overwhelmed by it all.

Will definately be checking out the Descent of the stairs :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DisneyManiac

Walt Disney Studios
When the Studios are ready for production to begin, the booths will become operational, letting you in to head to your desired Studio. But be aware there is something that happens everyday which I like to call "The Morning Role Call" or what you people call "The Morning Rush", this is where all guests rush to their desired Studio. Studio 5 is a well-known hotspot for this 'Rush'. So claim your place before other guests take it!
[/size]
[/size]For those who are not familiar with the Studios, Studio 5 is Crush's Coaster.
[/size]
[/size]Good luck! It's time to get the cameras rolling!