Just a few questions...

Started by saracaves, May 23, 2013, 05:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saracaves

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions... My friend and I have booked our trip to DisneyLand Paris for October 2nd till 6th. We hope to celebrate both of our birthday there (Mine was in March and my friends is in December). I was wondering if it would still be possible to get the birthday badges? Also I have read a lot about people getting balloons and other items in their room when they check in, how can this be arranged?

I also have another question... I have been thinking about what type of bag I should carry around with me when we are in the parks? Obviously I want to carry my camera, phone, bottle of water and a thin coat with me, but what type of bag is best? We plan of going on all of the rides so we are not sure what happens with bags? Do you take them on the rides with you?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sara

gemmasteele84

You could always ask for a birthday sticker (there are no badges) we got some for my kids while we were there and they didnt ask for ID or anything. But it doesnt really get you anything too special, just a bit of extra attention from staff wishing you happy birthday etc.  We did ring our hotel and let them know both the kids would be celebrating their birthdays while there and a note was put in our booking but nothing came of it. We were told you can buy add ons for the room like balloons, cake etc but obviously this is at extra cost (though the birthday cake is amazing lol)

I just took a simple sholder bag. You take your bag on all the rides with you so just put it in the foot well. Some have baskets below the seats but nothing big.

jenniedisney

Hi Sara,

Contact the hotel before you arrive, they can arrange some balloons, and possibly a card signed from a very special person! (extra charge possibly).
I know that in America they have a special phone number that the cast members can ring, then hand the phone over to you. It means you get a special recorded message (not personalised) from some of the Disney characters wishing you a happy birthday.
A good place to celebrate birthdays is at Central Plaza, its a nice child friendly buffet and you can order cakes in advance. Cafe Mickey is another good one if they like the characters, or if you can stretch to the budget then

As for bags, I find a bum bag is perfect, that way on rides i don't have to remove it! :) A small rucksack is pretty good. Most of the roller coaster rides have a small holder just in front of the passenger to quickly pop loose items into.

:thumbs:
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property