Is this a good deal?

Started by polar vixen, May 17, 2013, 11:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Hi everyone, we are a family of (soon to be 7), planning to go at the beginning of september, just after the prices go down.  We'll be staying at the davy crockett ranch, ( i like the idea of us parents still having our own room), and we've stayed there before so i know it suits us.  Our original plan was to go without a food plan, and cook ourselves at the cabin, maybe just having a couple of buffets in the parks.  I've been trying to hold out for a good offer, and the 2 days/2nights free didn't seem great to me -  (£1594 just for cabin and tickets, not included cost of fuel to drive or ferry crossing), the current offer is 25% off, + half board standard.  Which makes the price just iover £1600 (still doesn't include fuel or ferry, but 6 meals.  This is for 6 nights/7 days.  We've previously booked 40% off, but I can't remember how much, and I'm not sure if this is worth it because although we'll make a huge saving on food it seems a humungous amount of money.
Any thoughts?

Elaine

how about working out how much your "free" half board vouchers will save you, then deduct that from the £1600, see what you're left with, and see if thats more in your ballpark? That way, you could look at it as though you are just paying for your main meal of the day in advance.

half board standard is worth around 26 euros per adult, 11 per child as I recall.

polar vixen

Yeah, I was thinking that - If we eat out 3 times, for our family, it costs about £100 per meal, but that isn't including of course all the food we would have to buy to eat normally, which could easily cost another £100 +, so taking off £400  and eating out 6 times  + paying for breakfast would be at least £700, so taking that off gets the price down to £900, which is fantastic.  Just couldn't remember if the deals get better the closed you get to the date.  Just realized that last time we went my (will be) 3rd youngest was free at buffets, whereas now we'll have to pay for him, and because he's gluten and milk free, his options weren't really worth paying for anyway, given how much he could eat.  
Thanks for that Elaine, it was a good point

gemmasteele84

We booked ours last June to go this April. When all the deals came out at the start of the year I looked again to see if what we booked was cheaper and it was £200 more expencive. In the weeks before we went that went up to £600 more expencive. So in my experience it gets pricer closer to the date :)

polar vixen

WOW! Thanks for that, just need a couple more weeks to get funds together, and I'm booking!  Thank you!