How busy will it be 15-19 December?

Started by inelegancex, May 15, 2013, 07:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inelegancex

We are going for our next trip during Sunday 15th and Thursday 19th, and was wondering does anyone know how busy it is likely to be? I have been told by someone that a week before half term can be quite empty but the closer it approaches to the final day of term (which will be 20th) it can get busier.

We went during October half term and it was absolutely horrendous, so i'm quite worried!  :(

gemma2806

I know that the later in December you travel the worse the crowds get. I've been before and returned by the 15th Dec and it was quite busy but not ridiculously so and that was travelling mid-week. Weekends are always going to be busy over the Christmas period. Although the UK finish on the 20th some European schools may finish early (France finished on the 17th last year) so it may be worth checking this out. As long as you go with a plan then you should be able to deal with whatever size crowds you face.
Im sure you'll have an amazing time, who couldn't at DLP at Christmas!!

inelegancex

Oh no! Hopefully it was just that busy because of approaching holidays, i've read online that france and germany etc break up on the 20th also,  and luckily we are leaving on the Thursday as I think with it being the day before last of term it will probably get busier!

Thank you for your reply! :)

emsamess

We will be there then! We are going from 16th to 20th.

The French school break up on Friday 20th December. We went a week earlier last year and it was perfect. We were able to easily get around all of the rides and the longest we queued was 20 minutes for Buzz Light year

inelegancex

Quote from: "emsamess"We will be there then! We are going from 16th to 20th.

The French school break up on Friday 20th December. We went a week earlier last year and it was perfect. We were able to easily get around all of the rides and the longest we queued was 20 minutes for Buzz Light year

Oh wow I feel so much better now!  :D  Can I ask what the weather was like?