May 2014

Started by lauralouisemidwinter, April 12, 2013, 03:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauralouisemidwinter

Hello,
I am looking to book to go to Disney next May to stay at the Cheyenne.
My question is,
When can you start booking for the 3rd and 4th week of May 2014.
Thankyou for your help in advance :)
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Zee79

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"Hello,
I am looking to book to go to Disney next May to stay at the Cheyenne.
My question is,
When can you start booking for the 3rd and 4th week of May 2014.
Thankyou for your help in advance :)

Depends on which site you are using. You just need to keep checking them. We are going this year in May and had to book when the new prices came out in November using DLP because of annual passes but another site we use we were able to from summer.

Elaine

avoid the last week of may 2014 - unusually next year Ascension day is on 29th May, which means its a huge French school/public holiday, and that will make it very busy at DLP.

lauralouisemidwinter

Thankyou for the help guys, I thought there was a holiday at the end of May but I could not remember :D
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

HFJohnson

Elaine - Ascension weekend begins on the Thursday but do you think it will be busy the whole week? It's half term in the UK the same week and we were thinking of booking for Sunday to Wednesday.

Elaine

Quote from: "HFJohnson"Elaine - Ascension weekend begins on the Thursday but do you think it will be busy the whole week? It's half term in the UK the same week and we were thinking of booking for Sunday to Wednesday.

i'm honestly not sure - May is the end of the work/budget year in France, so there are generally lots of long weekends in May, people using up the last of their year's leave allocation etc. Usually I'd say May half term would be a great time to go to DLP, but I don't think theres any doubt it will be busier than usual in May 2014. But you're right, hopefully Sunday to Wednesday would be be the quieter part of that week.

minnieme

I am going last week of May this year, and I booked it in October last year. For the last 2 years there has been an offer - I booked during the "Book spring/summer 2013 at 2012 prices". I was a bit wary as there may have been a special offer but I have been checking since the new prices came out in November 2013 and so far the price I got has been cheaper even with the current 30% off offers. (due to the price increase). It was the same the previous year. Keep an eye out around October and there may be an offer. I book the hotel while the offer is on and then add the flights the next month.

Im not sure about how busy it would be. We went half term week at the start of June last year and it was busy but not too busy. There were just enough people in the parks. There were still queues but nothing unreasonable. Before I book, I always check to see what French school holidays are on and any bank holidays. We are limited to half term for the kids/teachers in the family!

I will be booking in October this year again for next year too!!!

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel