NOOOOOOOOOO!!! DLP how COULD you?!!

Started by TigerLily, April 01, 2013, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

I don't use mobiles like most people, but I am sure I read somewhere on here that the calls are expensive as if you have a UK phone it treats each call as international. Maybe someone from UK who has used can prove me wrong?

TigerLily

Ooof, sounds like it will be a challenge then Zee. But one I shall take on lol.

Captain rocket - I shall be sure to not use the mobile unless necessary :-) I actually just read up a bit more on the Disney app and by the looks although its advertised as a free app, a wireless Internet connection is required so it would, indeed, come at some charge from the provider by the looks. Damn! :-/

capitalbarbie

We are the same, we arrive 9th June and leave on the 14th.

Gutted  :(
WDW Florida 1997
WDW Florida 1998
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 1999
WDW Florida 2006
WDW Florida 2009
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 2013

TigerLily

Capitalbarbie it's just wrong isn't it...*sigh*

zara-x

Is it closed because it broke down then?

It's closed for us too, we go at the end of May. Such a shame as my autistic sister absolutely loves it - she's been looking forward to it since we booked it last year! Having to try and convince my mum that my sis will be OK on some of the other 'big' rides like Indiana to try and make up for it!

Where is the hot choc available from? I'm intrigued now...Been to DLP 9 times and never had a cup!
Faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

TigerLily

I've honestly got no clue about its reason for being shut, I had assumed it was due for a refurb or just a bit of general maintenance perhaps?

Sorry to hear that you will be missing out on Big Thunder too :-/ it's a shame. I'm sure you will all have a great time though none the less :-)

Hahaha, I'm going to be on the hunt for a cup too!

mickeyspal

BTM is our favourite ride in the park, we make a beeline to it as soon as we enter the park, so imagine how disappointed we were at our last visit last year when each day we were turned away as it has broken down,  the worst time was being on the platform about to board when once again the trains stopped and were told we had to leave. 5 days in the park and not once did we get to ride BTM. :cry: well there's always next time, just need to start planning another trip. :D
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

TigerLily

Ouch! Sooooo close! I feel your pain on missing out there with BTM. I would of been so disappointed and frustrated! But you are very right, it just means "having" to go back :D

I am still holding onto the impossibly optimistic thought and wish of "they may open it for some reason perhaps if we are super duper lucky on one of the days!" ... Lol.

never2old

We're going too when BTM is closed... It's the one ride that I would have considered using baby-switch with and going on alone (we're going with our 2 year old daughter, so are not planning on doing any thrill rides....) But I love BTM so much that I did think maybe we could take turns to ride it.... :(

When we went last September we had a VIP fastpass and I was hoping to use it again and again on BTM, instead it was broken down so often that we hardly got to ride it!! Hopefully a long refurb will help...

TigerLily

By the sounds this refurb should do it good then...it's sad that its closed for refurb but much sadder to see a ride breaking down frequently like that I think. One of the things I was looking forward to doing was big thunder in the evening/night (as it should be the longer park hours when we go), but never mind. I bet you will still have an incredible time with your daughter :D

Javey74

When we went on the 26th to 29th March 2013 it was open but it broke down 3 times we know of and once at the top of the climb so that passengers in the mine trucks had to get out and walk down the side steps to get off the ride..  :shock:

I think it's an obvious reason to get in overhauled as soon as possible..  :|

But I do feel for those travellers expecting it on, it's one of our favourites aswell..  :(

TigerLily

Oh crikey! From the start of it being closed for refurb to the end it's 4 weeks, so I expect that should mean a good sort out of it?

Wonderful ride! Best mine train I have EVER been on. It will be missed on our trip for sure.

jeakat24

Quote from: "Javey74"When we went on the 26th to 29th March 2013 it was open but it broke down 3 times we know of and once at the top of the climb so that passengers in the mine trucks had to get out and walk down the side steps to get off the ride..  :shock:

I think it's an obvious reason to get in overhauled as soon as possible..  :|

But I do feel for those travellers expecting it on, it's one of our favourites aswell..  :(

This is what I'm hoping. Every trip report I've read recently has had at least one BTM breakdown. I'd be completely gutted if it was closed when we went though
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Samninetysix

Quote from: "captain rocket"I don't use mobiles like most people, but I am sure I read somewhere on here that the calls are expensive as if you have a UK phone it treats each call as international. Maybe someone from UK who has used can prove me wrong?

Not sure but with Vodafone you have Vodafone Passport where it charges you 75p per call and the talk time comes off your inclusive minutes whether you are contract or PAYG

MaryBobbins

BTM broke down just as me and DS were about to go on a few days ago - literally all that had happened was that one of the seat bars didn't open automatically (the seats we were waiting to sit on!) and that stopped the whole ride and we all had to traipse off again after waiting around for 15mins or so. We'd used a hotel fastpass to get on and were given a normal BTM fastpass as we got off and the ride never opened again that day - so a fastpass wasted.

So, although I'm sad for visitors that the ride will be shut it clearly needs some serious maintenance as they seem to need to be massively over cautious at the moment.

It'll give you an excuse to go back again though  :D

PotC looks gorgeous now - no new scenes as far I could tell but it looks cleaner, less tired(!) and the lighting is awesome. Plus on a couple of the days we were there  it was a walk on ride. It did breakdown on Saturday though - don't know what happened, we were planning one last ride but it was closed at that time.