NOOOOOOOOOO!!! DLP how COULD you?!!

Started by TigerLily, April 01, 2013, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerLily

:shock: Big thunder mountain is shut for the duration of my visit  :cry:  [-(

I'm distraught! ... Lol ok - maybe I'm exaggerating a little on being distraught but still, it's a bit disappointing as its one of my families favourite rides!

Oooof Disney, it's a good job I love ya!  :mickey2:  :minnie:

ilovedisneylandparis

Me too! So disappointed but just grateful that POTC is open as that's our absolute favourite and I'd be so sad if that was closed when we went. I will miss Big Thunder Mountain, I love the noise it makes, I think Frontierland will be lacking a little of its atmosphere when we go :(

Oh well, guess they've got to do these things sometime :)

TigerLily

Yeah I agree there - I'm grateful that POTC, Star Tours and Phantom Manor will be open as we all really love those ones too and we are still looking forward to going.

Just feel strange to think that Big Thunder is off the cards this trip. Never mind - all the more reason for a following trip next year or the year after  lol

Little mermaid 240

Hi

If it makes you feel any better - last Monday, the 25th March you could see the people walking back down the mountain from the tallest peak, when it broke down! :-/

We were in the queue just one train away, when we were told the ride had been closed :-( It was open again the next day when phantom manor was closed as the spooks were messing with the workings, the same day that the studio tram tour was also having problems!  We think it was just too cold it was for us and the rides. :-)

Although Disneyland Hot Chocolate makes everything better! :-D
Little Mermaid x

amanda08

for us too! However we arrive on the 20th of May which in theory is the last day it is open. However this is also a public holiday in france so probably manic busy! Will be aour mission to ride as many times as we can - even  missing Dreams and Parade our first night in the hope of it being shorter line then

TigerLily

Ah no LittleMermaid - you were so close! And as it happens , I have never had a cup of Disney's hot chocolate...although I have noticed it mentioned on here a fair few times now so that shall have to be remedied! :D

Hahaha I can imagine it now amanda, and I would be doing the very same thing!! Hope you get short queues so you can really fill your boots with it!

minnieme

Tigerlily, I share your pain. It is closed for the duration of my trip too - 28th-31st May. I havent broken the sad news to my family yet, but i may buy them all a cup of this Disneyland hot chocolate first to soften the blow. Going to have to give that a try!!

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

TigerLily

Quite the shock to the system isn't it minnieme?! My husband and daughter were as :shocked: as I was. I keep thinking to myself though that perhaps they will change their minds and open it on a day or two lol.

We will defo be trying some of that hot choc :D

TigerLily

The shocked was meant to of been a  :shock: face... Oops lol

Zee79

I broke the news to my family as soon as i saw it on the closure list of DLRP, my youngest is gutted  :cry:  it is the only 'big' ride she goes on - she doesn't do fast rides, leaves that to her adrenaline junkie of a sister haha. Don't think my friend has informed her son yet though- We are there 26th-30th May.

The hot choc is amazing. I even got one in the summer (it was freezing at the time but that wouldn't have stopped me). I was not allowed to  take my disney mug because it was 'summer', proved them wrong with it being cold for the first half of the hol  :) It is going with me in May!

TigerLily

Zee, I broke the news straight away too.  Aww your poor little one - sorry to hear she is so upset!  Where as my husband and daughter (she's 6 and a half) are a bit disappointed that its going to be closed, my daughter is a major adrenaline junkie (like your other daughter by the sounds lol) and we will be able to replace the fast ride feeling with rides like Crush, tower of terror etc thankfully. Still - Big Thunder will be much missed!

On that note, my hubby is the only one of us that's done ToT last year so it will be a nice surprise. And none of us managed to do crush on last years visit as for some reason we spent majority of the holiday in the disney park! We go June 2nd - 7th.

TigerLily

And I'm sold on the idea of the hot chock for sure now lol XD

Zee79

Quote from: "TigerLily"Zee, I broke the news straight away too.  Aww your poor little one - sorry to hear she is so upset!  Where as my husband and daughter (she's 6 and a half) are a bit disappointed that its going to be closed, my daughter is a major adrenaline junkie (like your other daughter by the sounds lol) and we will be able to replace the fast ride feeling with rides like Crush, tower of terror etc thankfully. Still - Big Thunder will be much missed!

On that note, my hubby is the only one of us that's done ToT last year so it will be a nice surprise. And none of us managed to do crush on last years visit as for some reason we spent majority of the holiday in the disney park! We go June 2nd - 7th.

When we went in Dec 2010  and it was the last time anyone from our family managed to get on Crush, there is always a 70 min wait for it  :( My eldest is always on ToT, She took my dad on with her, her dad, uncle and aunt in Dec 2010 and i thought he was going to have a heart attack when he came off he was grey haha. She on the other hand said 'again' and now my nephew has been going on (6yrs old). I no longer do fast rides- loved them until i had the children so it seems. My head spins so i now go on slow rides with the youngest- BTM was a nice coaster to go on for me with being unable to do the others now. Oh well, will have to try and do POTC a lot more  :)

TigerLily

Woah! Strategy is going to have to be used I think so we can dodge a large wait time like that :shock:
 I've downloaded that phone app that let's you check the wait times for rides at both parks. Have you (or anyone else!) used it at all?  Save having to trek all the way to it just to be faced with a 90 min queue or the likes. Im going to use the app instead to check at regular intervals.

Yes - POTC is always great (I'm so glad that ones already had its refurbishment!) :D

Zee79

Quote from: "TigerLily"Woah! Strategy is going to have to be used I think so we can dodge a large wait time like that :shock:
 I've downloaded that phone app that let's you check the wait times for rides at both parks. Have you (or anyone else!) used it at all?  Save having to trek all the way to it just to be faced with a 90 min queue or the likes. Im going to use the app instead to check at regular intervals.

Yes - POTC is always great (I'm so glad that ones already had its refurbishment!) :D

My brother has downloaded the park app but not used to check queue times. Will have to get them to use it. We went to studios late on and when parades on and still couldn't get on Crush, The Parachute drop was also really busy late on.