Shareholders meeting London 10th April

Started by ford prefect, March 20, 2013, 02:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

Anyone going to this? Fancy a meet up/ drink/chat/after?
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Jonjo

Quote from: "ford prefect"Anyone going to this? Fancy a meet up/ drink/chat/after?

Yes, I've booked my place at the meeting and a meet up after the event would be a great idea.
I'm still trying to think of some good questions to ask.
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

byron-james

Count me in too, I've registered my spot.
Disneyland Paris - 1996
Walt Disney World - 1998
Disneyland Paris - 2011
Disneyland Paris - 2012
Disneyland - 2013?

dejmurph1

I'll be there also guys, if anyone out there has any questions that they want asked please post here ot pm me,

cheers!

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "dejmurph1"I'll be there also guys, if anyone out there has any questions that they want asked please post here ot pm me,

cheers!
Why is Fantillusion missing/decommissioned, are there any plans for a new light parade, Dreams is cool and all that but the light parades are a slice of magic that seem reserved and conducted only by Disney.

Any further plans on the Disney village? WoD is a nice step.

Lake Disney is brilliant on Fireworks night, any chance of more use of that spectacular show area? (World of Color, Fantasmic, Water Light Parade [like Florida/possible replacement to Fantillusion].

Bring Fantasmic to the studios in Paris  :D/  

Ps. I expect they'll prob not answer even if you ask my daft lot. :P
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Festival Disney

Someone please mention the geysers! ;) And SM's Canon  :roll:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

ford prefect

Having been to one of these events before, I should say that the events tend to be more corporate related rather than operational / show!

Festival Disney

Quote from: "ford prefect"Having been to one of these events before, I should say that the events tend to be more corporate related rather than operational / show!

Sounds pretty boring then!  :mrgreen:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

ford prefect

That was an interesting meeting.  No news and lots of chat but interesting.

Discussions about the shows (or lack thereof):  no news but they are discussing, reviewing and planning.  No details!
Dreams: no plans to cancel, lots of ideas and concepts.  No details!
The general theme was that we are in a consolidation process with budgetary constraints.
Lots of plans for Hallowe'en and Christmas.  Again no details just promises of big ideas!

I am very impressed by M. Gas' enthusiasm and passion.  I do believe that better times are ahead!

Festival Disney

Glad to hear that Mr Teeth is passionate!  At least they are "reviewing" the entertainment, I do hope we see a show or the return of a certain light parade in the near future!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

ed-uk

Nothing definite about the return of Fantilusion in the future, or not ?
And the  Star Wars Land I've read about in Discoveryland, nothing more than a rumour and speculation then?
Ed & David

ford prefect

Quote from: "ed-uk"Nothing definite about the return of Fantilusion in the future, or not ?
And the  Star Wars Land I've read about in Discoveryland, nothing more than a rumour and speculation then?

Nothing ruled in or out.  Very vague on both topics.  His favourite phrase was "never say never".  At present Star Wars Land remains as rumour and speculation.

Fantillusion: I got the impression that we are unlikely to see it.  BUT he was non committal.

ed-uk

"Never say never", which means he doesn't know himself, he's just waiting to see what Euro Disney can afford in the future, or not afford.
Thank goodness for Ratatouille in the WDS which is looking impressive and something new to look forward to next year. And it's the Studios that needs working on the most.
But no Fantillusion in the summer nor at Christmas, it's parades and entertainment like that, that help make the Magic Kingdom so magical. I was hoping that the fantastic Dreams would add to the roster of entertainment in Disneyland Park, the icing on the cake, not lead to cuts in stage shows and parades, if that's the reason why. I must admit I never thought DLP would ditch their nighttime parade, not even in the really bad times did they do that.
Ed & David

Jonjo

It was a very interesting meeting, glad I had the opportunity to attend it.  Dan over on Disney Character Central has done a very good write up of what was discussed.

//http://www.charactercentral.net/B522_EuroDisneySCAShareholdersRoundTableMeeting10thApril2013RoundUp.aspx
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

ed-uk

Quote from: "Jonjo"It was a very interesting meeting, glad I had the opportunity to attend it.  Dan over on Disney Character Central has done a very good write up of what was discussed.

//http://www.charactercentral.net/B522_EuroDisneySCAShareholdersRoundTableMeeting10thApril2013RoundUp.aspx

Thank you for posting the link, it was very interesting. I was interested in the comments concerning the Shareholders Club and the new share requirement needed to join. It was ridiculous for Euro Disney to lose millions of Euros under the old arrangements as mentioned in the article. When I first joined 18 years ago I would have needed 1000 shares to get free membership, so I can imagine it, although there was an admin fee so people could join with fewer shares.
It's good that Philippe Gas gives shareholders the opportunity to voice their concerns about maintenance and entertainment at these meetings, even in a small group, so he can also share his concerns, and all the things he has to consider such as guests smoking in the parks  and how best to deal with it, as CEO with us.
Ed & David