Disney Holiday 12nts/13days!! Day Two

Started by gemma2806, February 23, 2013, 06:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

We got up and went to breakfast just after 8am, the queue was ridiculous so we were grateful to have the VIP breakfast pass which meant we could just go straight to the front of the queue. We ate breakfast in the Hunters Grill at the exact same table that we had dinner at the night before.  The breakfast was lovely, in fact I think it's very good considering that they have to mass cater for so many people with so many different tastes. Jack loved the fact he could have chocolate cereal. I liked the fact we could park his buggy up safely inside the restaurant rather than having to leave it outside.

After breakfast we walked towards Disney Village, stopping at Lake Disney to see the fish, wow they're big! We decided to head to Disney Studios for the day so as not to overwhelm Jack on the first day. We arrived in time for park opening and I noticed that it was rather busy compared to how I thought it would be this time of year.

We went through the gates which always makes me feel excited!! We took some pictures in Place des Freres Lumiere and walked through Disney Studio 1. Jack seemed quite subdued at this point and was rather quiet but he soon started to get excited when we headed straight for Toy Story Playland. I love the giant Buzz Lightyear at the entrance and Jack was thrilled that he could talk. We rode Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop first, I'd never been on this before. Jack is quite tall for his age and whilst we were away he was just over 3ft 4inches so he had no problem going on most rides. I really enjoyed this ride and so did Daniel but Jack found it a bit much and said he didn't want to go on again. We then went to Slinky Dog ZigZag Spin and Jack loved this so we went on it twice. It was much more fun than I thought it would be. Daniel and I decided not to go on RC Racer as we aren't keen on rides like this so we just went to explore the little extras such as the Rex model, RC box that you can go inside and then we went to the Barrel of Monkeys. I bought a Toy Story top for Jack and he got a free Cars balloon.

We went to the Flying Carpets of Agrabah as the queue was only 15 mins. This was another favourite of Jacks and even I love this one, I think you get a great view over the park. We then managed to get straight into the next showing of Animagique. This is my favourite show in this park, there's something really magical about this and I love the feeling I get when I hear the Lion King music. Jack enjoyed this but took a little while to settle as he was apprehensive about the dark. We then decided to get lunch at Restaurant en Coulisse. Daniel and I both had the chicken burger meal which I enjoyed and Jack had a beef burger meal. I like the interior of this place but we didn't really have a choice of where to sit as it was so busy.

After lunch we decided to see the Art of Disney Animation while the parade was about to start, so it was nice and quiet. I love the Classics Theatre with all the Disney clips and yes I do tend to she'd a few tears! Jack was fine until the section with Mushu and then because he had to wear a headset he lost interest. We spent quite a bit of time in the post-show area as Jack absolutely loved colouring the different characters on the computer screens. Daniel and I took it in turns to look at the different things whilst the other watched Jack and then I went to have a look in the Disney Animation Gallery. I like to collect porcelain thimbles of the places I've been and this was the only place I found one so I had to have one. We then had a nice sit down outside and took some photos while Jack had a nap in his buggy.

Once he woke up we went on Cars Road Rally, I really enjoyed this and so did Jack, so much so we had to do it again straight after. We then spotted the main mouse himself, Mickey, and queued to meet him. This was the first time Jack had ever come across a character so close and we were a bit nervous as to how he would react but we didn't need to be. He went rushing over to Mickey with his autograph book open and flung his arms round him for a kiss and cuddle so we all had our pictures taken with him.

We then spent a bit of time taking pictures of Toon Studio and the Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse statues. Jack was still quite groggy as it was a hot day for him at nearly 30 degrees and in England we hadn't had a summer at all so he wasn't used to the heat. We went back through Disney Studio 1 and I had a look around Les Legendes d'Hollywood boutique and then we went to the Disney Studio Store to buy the photos of us with Mickey. Then we decided to head back to the hotel for a drink. We sat out on the main terrace alone in the beautiful sunshine just to have a chill and Jack had fallen asleep yet again!!  After about an hour we went back to our room to change for dinner.

We walked back to Disney Village and went on Panoramagique, well I went on with Jack but Daniel stayed firmly on the ground. Daniel and I had done this on a previous trip, I loved it even though I am afraid of heights and Daniel who has bungee jumped absolutely hated it, very strange!! Jack enjoyed it and it was a clear evening so we had a good view. We decided to have dinner at Planet Hollywood and as we got there for 6pm it was very empty. Daniel had a huge Cobb salad, I had a turkey and mushroom pizza which was delicious and Jack had spaghetti bolognaise. Our waitress was lovely and was very helpful. We love this restaurant and when it's quiet you can get up and look at all the memorabilia on the walls without disturbing other diners. We then looked in the Planet Hollywood boutique but there is very little merchandise and it is extortionately priced! We popped over to the new Disney Fashion boutique and I did like the merchandise but had to refrain from buying too much. Jack being vain just loved looking in all the mirrors, Daniel found a convenient chair because he wasn't interested in this shop at all.

On the way back to the hotel we stopped by the little kiosk, Hudson Cafe, in front of the Hotel New York. This is the first trip I had seen this open so we sat next to the Lake with ice lollies and drinks and I got to take some lovely pictures of the Lake. We then went back to the Redwood Bar and had a couple of drinks. I bought Jack a Pluto plush toy as he had spotted this yesterday and really wanted it. We went back up to our room and Jack went to bed along with Pluto (he had to be taken everywhere this holiday). I then sat on the balcony with Daniel watching the fireworks from Disney Dreams and having a relaxing drink before we also turned in for the night. What a wonderful first day we had!

BlackPearl

Lovely report. Thanks for sharing.   :D
Wow, 13 days of Disney magic!

gemma2806

I know I still can't believe we stayed that long!! Thank you for taking the time to read it.

Rafael

Thank you for sharing! :)

gemma2806

Thank you for reading! Rafael

gemmasteele84

loving your reports so far :)

gemma2806

Thanks Gemma, it's been a trip down memory lane for me trying to remember everything we did. Fortunately I took so many photos (753!!) that I've managed to use them to remind me of what we did each day!