Trip Report 16th-20th Jan

Started by disney-dan, January 09, 2013, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owencobb

Sound like you having a great start so far, having an almost live report is great the wanders of technology, have a fab time, looking forward to the next instalment
Trips to Disneyland Paris

Aug 1997 Disney Santa Fe
Dec 1999-Jan 2000 Disney Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2000 Disney Santa Fe
Jan 2000 Disneyland Hotel
Dec 2005 Disney Newport Bay Hotel
Mar 2006 Disney Cheyenne Hotel
Dec 2006 Disney Newport Bay Hotel
Mar 2012 Disney Santa Fe
Apr 2013 Disney Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2013 Disney Santa Fe - Christmas Celebrations

Ravenseye

Good to hear that you arrived safely after the elements throwing all sorts at you! I'm sure people arent staring (too much to focus on in DLP) but that walking fast thing, ive done that, know the feeling  :D
Enjoy a rest and I look forward to hearing more  :D/  
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

perrollaz

Hi Dan,
great to hear that you finaly well arrived at DLRP!
Oh I was once at nighttime alone at Phantom Manor too- it was pretty scary to walk up to the manor alone :-D
Have a good night!

disney-dan

Hey guys, so I know I promised a trip report with photos etc when I got back but to be absolutely brutal, I've had a horrible time. I would not recommend anyone go by themselves, for example it was absolutely awful being away from my family and friends. I understand plenty of people go away on their own but it's not for me, I would rather never go on holiday again than go alone and I'm being totally serious. I didn't take a single picture, and was back in the hotel for 6pm pretty much every night. It probably didn't help that pretty much half of the attractions in DLParc were closed. Because I don't like the majority of rides in Fantasy land I did a total of 4!! attractions in the main park the whole time I was there! I had a better time in the Studios, which is unheard of for me! I'll defo not being going in winter again, unless it's maybe for xmas with family.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

owencobb

Quote from: "disney-dan"Hey guys, so I know I promised a trip report with photos etc when I got back but to be absolutely brutal, I've had a horrible time. I would not recommend anyone go by themselves, for example it was absolutely awful being away from my family and friends. I understand plenty of people go away on their own but it's not for me, I would rather never go on holiday again than go alone and I'm being totally serious. I didn't take a single picture, and was back in the hotel for 6pm pretty much every night. It probably didn't help that pretty much half of the attractions in DLParc were closed. Because I don't like the majority of rides in Fantasy land I did a total of 4!! attractions in the main park the whole time I was there! I had a better time in the Studios, which is unheard of for me! I'll defo not being going in winter again, unless it's maybe for xmas with family.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience  why was everything closed I thought they refurb then in sequence not all together
Trips to Disneyland Paris

Aug 1997 Disney Santa Fe
Dec 1999-Jan 2000 Disney Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2000 Disney Santa Fe
Jan 2000 Disneyland Hotel
Dec 2005 Disney Newport Bay Hotel
Mar 2006 Disney Cheyenne Hotel
Dec 2006 Disney Newport Bay Hotel
Mar 2012 Disney Santa Fe
Apr 2013 Disney Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2013 Disney Santa Fe - Christmas Celebrations

disney-dan

As far as I'm aware the only things closed for refurb were potc and buzz. Btm, indie and the railroad were closed I guess due to the weather. Then casey Jr and the storybook boats were closed, either for weather or cos they're always closed lol.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

perrollaz

To bad you didn't enjoy your trip :'(
Hope you will have a good time now

DisneyDancer92

Im very sad to hear you did not enjoy your trip.
But everyone is different. I went by myself in August for 2 days- and just booked a similar trip for when I have my half term in february. I enjoyed it immensely, had lots of fun and it was very relaxing too. I wouldn't book it for longer than say 2 days when Im alone though- that would be too much, even though I as a person enjoy spending time on my own allmost as much as being with others (balanced of course).
I hope you at least enjoyed part of your trip :)!

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

captain rocket

I went on my own in early December because i wanted to photograph the Christmas cavalcade. I had'nt planned to go, but the quality of the special entertainments are now so much better since Glendale took over the organisation of events that I find them unmissable.
My normal travelling companion could not go on this occasion, so I booked one night in the Santa Fe with Expedia for £69, cheap flight with Easyjet from Bristol for £59 and used the my decouverette pass for the last time. I arrived at 20.30. went to the Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay to photograph the reception decorations, had a late meal at Earl of Sandwich. Early breakfast the next morning and visited the New York and Disneyland hotel on my way in for EMH. Spent all day taking photos and caught the 20.30 flight back to Bristol.
I had a really good time, being my own boss, going were I wanted to! It would have been nice to share the day with someone but I really did'nt miss company! Maybe if my stay was longer it may have been different.
Sorry you did'nt enjoy your trip Disney Dan, i guess we are all different!

disney-dan

I guess the amount of time I was there for had an impact on it, if I was only there for 1 day and knew I was there a specific reason a la Captain Rocket it wouldn't have been as bad, but I was there for 5 long days and with many attractions closed I found myself wandering in the freezing cold wondering what I was doing to myself. As you have all said, different strokes for different folks!!
Have a Magical day!!

DD

MrsPirate

Oh no,  I was so hoping you would have a good time.   :cry:

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

SwipatronSparks

aww its such a shame you didnt enjoy your trip =[ and  i can see the amount of attractions you listed as closed probably had a huge impact on how you felt, add in that your favourate attraction was closed too probably made things even worse, well heres to hoping that your next trip works out better fro you (im sure it will)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

cinderslg

sorry you didnt enjoy your trip alone hopefully there is some parts where you can look back and smile about in the future  :)

disney-dan

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"aww its such a shame you didnt enjoy your trip =[ and  i can see the amount of attractions you listed as closed probably had a huge impact on how you felt, add in that your favourate attraction was closed too probably made things even worse, well heres to hoping that your next trip works out better fro you (im sure it will)

Tbh I can't see myself going back to DLP for a loooong time!! I'm going to WDW in August and would take going to Florida once a year over a few smaller trips to DLP every time. In all honesty I wish I hadn't gone, the money I spent would have paid for my flight. Oh well, we only learn by making mistakes :lol:
Have a Magical day!!

DD