stolen hat makes me Grumpy!

Started by madbutnotbad, January 09, 2013, 03:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbutnotbad

Grumpy is looking for help!

I've been stolen from Star Tours on the 4th January during extra magic hours and I would like to go home.

I am a Grumpy hat with beard, a cherished item that has been on every DP holiday in the last 15 years.  My owner is very sad that someone would do this to a family on a special Christmas Holiday but wants him back no matter the cost.

If you know where he is or know someone who can help me please reply.  His travelling companions were Tigger, Pluto, Chip and Minnie and were at the resort from the 3rd to the 8th January.

Trying not to feel angry...just Grumpy.

Little mermaid 240

Hi
We can understand your Grumpiness :cry:

During our trip in June my husband had a pin taken from his bag it was a Mickey Mouse shaped Union Jack I know it's not much but it meant something to us  :thumbs:

Hope Grumpy finds his way home soon or you may have to become Stitch  :D
Little Mermaid x

jonathan

All too often now we're reading about things going missing or getting stolen. From small items like pin badges to large items like pushchairs.  I think it's disgusting.  I was always of the opinion in the past that things like this wouldn't happen as everyone is in the same boat and wouldnt want thier stuff stolen.  Now I know this is not the case.  Shame on you people that do this sort of thing because its awful.

Boxy

I agree with you Jonathan. After reading about these incidents of stealing on this Forum I am beginning to wonder if thieves are going into the Parks specifically to steal anything they can find. I remember during the 5th Anniversary I left a backpack on a wall in the Park. When I realised that I had forgotten it I went to Lost Property. I found it there as a kind person had taken the trouble to take it there. I believed as you did that 'everyone is in the same boat' and wouldn't want it to happen to them. It did not even occur to me that anyone would purposefully steal anything in the Parks.

jonathan

I can understand where you're coming from.  My Mum had a similar thought.  Without sounding racist and certainly not meaning or wanting to she had experienced all the beggars in Paris who pay to go on the boat tours and everything to beg from other tourists to feed their 'starving children' so she suggested that unscrupulous people like this or any other criminal type could just as easy pay to go in DLP for the day and loot as many pushchairs and bags left outside rides and restaurants and have a very profitable day.

It's a shame that these sorts of thoughts cross our minds these days but there it is.  On past trips we hadnt even considered the possibilty of things getting stolen but on our last trip we did little or no shopping during the day, and if we did we had it sent back to the hotel, and we took everything we had with us on rides, in restaurants etc and just hoped that nobody wanted to steal our beaten up old pushchair.

Although posts of this nature are on the increase, one can only imagine that incidents like this are still in the minority as far as DLP are concerned otherwise there would be a bigger security presence and more widespread CCTV.
Maybe they should get a few of those heavily armed soldiers who patrol the train station inside the park.  Fair enough its hardly appropriate for a family fun place but it might make people think first before commiting acts of theft. lol

Slimy yet satisfying

Sorry to hear you are lost Grumpy. We saw your family on holiday and commented on your fantastic hats...obviously we weren't the only ones who liked them I'm sad to say.  Shame on those who dont see that stealind is wrong and sooo not cool at disney. Hope someone can help you.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

madbutnotbad

Woo hoo!

Update on Grumpy.

Managed to find his identical twin on ebay in California.

With a bit of haggling and a hefty vat payment he is now home and safely reunited with his family.

Will keep a closer eye on him next trip so he doesn't wander off again!

Little mermaid 240

Hi

So glad that you got a twin of Grumpy :thumbs:
Little Mermaid x

perrollaz

Nice to hear :-D

DisneyManiac

Every story always has a happy ending!