Dreams do come true

Started by Rafael, January 16, 2013, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

During our trip we managed to have 3 meals at Plaza Gardens. We ate there twice for lunch and once for dinner. The first two times we had to wait a little bit to get a table and the restaurant was really full. However, the restaurant was empty the last time we ate there. It was about 2.30 and there were only four other people inside. We loved the place and the meals we had there. It is beautiful and really cozy. The food is quite tasty and the options are good and for all tastes. There wasn't a single negative thing about the restaurant.

lynny

Thank you for those lovely pics :D ( its my dad thats not well he's almost 80,hopefully by the summer things will be better and wont have to worry about leaving him) :D

Lovely to see inside plaza gardens,never been in there but it does look very nice :D

Looking forward to more from you :D

lynn xx
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Rafael

Quote from: "lynny"Thank you for those lovely pics :D ( its my dad thats not well he's almost 80,hopefully by the summer things will be better and wont have to worry about leaving him) :D

Lovely to see inside plaza gardens,never been in there but it does look very nice :D

Looking forward to more from you :D

lynn xx

You're welcome! :)

My best wishes for your dad and good vibes your way. :) I'm sure your next trip to Disneyland will be magical :)

Plaza Gardens is very nice indeed. I highly recommend it.

DoodleMummy

Another great trip report! What fantastic photos! It looks like you had a lovely time :)
It's good to hear about the Plaza Gardens too as we're planning on eating there so I'm glad the food was nice for you :)

Rafael

Quote from: "DoodleMummy"Another great trip report! What fantastic photos! It looks like you had a lovely time :)
It's good to hear about the Plaza Gardens too as we're planning on eating there so I'm glad the food was nice for you :)

Hi DoodleMummy,

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like the report. :)

We really liked Plaza Gardens and the food was good the 3 times we ate there. I think there are good options for adults and kids. It pleases all tastes, I guess.

Rafael

Something we did a couple of times during the trip and we really enjoyed was going for a drink at night at Redwood Bar, at Sequoia Lodge. What a cozy place! Sitting by the stone fireplace enjoying a nice drink could not be any better after a day at the park. We had pasta there one evening and it was also very good.

Rafael

On Dec 30th, after we had lunch at Plaza Gardens, Helio went back to the hotel for a nap and I decided to go to the studios to see the parade. I think Stars 'n' Cars is good, but the best thing about it is to see the reaction the characters produce to the children's faces: HUGE SMILE. Well, I had a huge smile myself.  Well, how can you not be happy watching a Disney parade, right?

Rafael

DisneyDancer92

Love the pictures of the studios at night. There's something very special about disney parks at night- nothing like it anywhere else.
Find it really impressive you travelled all that way for DLRP- that's what you call a real disney fan haha  =D>

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

Rafael

Quote from: "DisneyDancer92"Love the pictures of the studios at night. There's something very special about disney parks at night- nothing like it anywhere else.
Find it really impressive you travelled all that way for DLRP- that's what you call a real disney fan haha  =D>

Hi DisneyDancer92,

I agree with you about Disney parks at night. Great atmosphere! :)

Yeah, travelling all the way is neither easy nor cheap, however I find it totally worth it.
I think there is something really special about DLP that I can't explain. One thing that is easy to point out is the beauty of the Disneyland Park. It is a masterpiece!

Rafael

On December 31th, we spent the morning and afternoon in Paris and the evening at Disneyland.  
After returning from Paris about 4.00pm, we went to the hotel to rest a little bit before going to the park. We were planning to have dinner in the park and at midnight see the fireworks at Lake Disney, but we ended up changing the plans due to the rain and watched the fireworks at the park.
 We had dinner at The Lucky  Nugget. What a beautiful place! It was worth for the atmosphere and the beauty of the restaurant, but the food wasn't that good. When we left the restaurant rain was starting to pour and we went to Phantom Manor. Afterwards we went to Discoveryland for Star Tours. As rain started to get worse when we left the attraction, we decide to go to Main Street to get a hot drink and wait for the fireworks. The arcades were packed with strollers and angry parents. Cast members were shouting to people free the way, even though there wasn't much space left. We decided to find a quieter place and stayed in front of the Baby Care Centre near Plaza Garden. Our feet were completely wet, rain didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon and it was still  11:15. We still had to wait a lot for midnight.  There were many parents with children around there and lots of strollers. Many children sleeping and some crying while parents were really stressed and by their faces they really were in a bad mood and they were not having a good time at all. I couldn't see anybody smiling that night. Cast members also looked very tired and in a bad mood. Actually, from where we were, we could see some people inside Plaza Gardens through the window and I think they were having fun.  lol  How I wished we were there at that time... lol  
I have to say, I think I could hear Helio's thoughts. I am sure he wished to be at the hotel instead of having to wait for fireworks in a very small space full of strollers and the feet in a puddle of water. I confess I was also questioning if that was worth it.
I don't think it was.  :| Maybe we were just tired and wanting something else, but it didn't feel magical or special. We just wanted it to be over as soon as possible to go back to the hotel. Again, by the look of lots of people, that is what they wanted to. There was another presentation of Dreams after the fireworks.  I love the show but even Dreams couldn't make us stay there that night. We watched it for a couple of minutes and left.  :|
Now, back home and already missing DLP a lot, when I think that I left the park in the middle of Dreams I feel like killing myself.  :(

BlackPearl

Sorry to hear that this day wasn't so great.
But by reading your report it seems that the magical days outweigh the not so magical ones.  ;)

Before I forget to mention it.: You and your friend sat at the very same spot in front of the fire place in Sequoia Lodge as a friend of me and myself were sitting (only about ten years ago) when we last stayed at this hotel !  :D I don't have a picture of it, but it's the same corner and view of the bar.

Rafael

Quote from: "BlackPearl"Sorry to hear that this day wasn't so great.
But by reading your report it seems that the magical days outweigh the not so magical ones.  ;)

Before I forget to mention it.: You and your friend sat at the very same spot in front of the fire place in Sequoia Lodge as a friend of me and myself were sitting (only about ten years ago) when we last stayed at this hotel !  :D I don't have a picture of it, but it's the same corner and view of the bar.

You are so right, BlackPearl. The magical days outweigh the not so magical ones. :)

I loved hearing you comment about the Sequoia's bar. Thanks for sharing. :)
That spot in front of the fire place is great, right? We had a great time there. Really cozy and a nice atmosphere.  Would you like to stay at Sequoia Lodge again? Did you like the hotel?

Rafael

Some pictures taken in Paris before posting more about Disneyland.

BlackPearl

QuoteI loved hearing you comment about the Sequoia's bar. Thanks for sharing.
That spot in front of the fire place is great, right? We had a great time there. Really cozy and a nice atmosphere. Would you like to stay at Sequoia Lodge again? Did you like the hotel?

Yes, the Sequoia Lodge really is a beautiful hotel. We stayed there three times now and I will definitvely try to stay there the next time we visit. Especially since they have refurbished the rooms.  :bambi: