Christmas 2012 20th-26th Dec. Day 6 Completed!

Started by kelly.dylan, November 26, 2012, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

Wow amazing shot of Dreams.

jackieann

love your report kelly..  Looking forward to Christmas Day.. X

perrollaz

What a wonderful report Kelly, thank you so much for sharing.
I never heard about the calender opening cermenony before- was it in Disneyland hotel itself?
On every of the 24 days or just on christmas eve??

MrsPirate

Thank you so much for sharing, I've loved reading it and can't wait to hear about Christmas Day. What an amazing Tigger!

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

kelly.dylan

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone. It's been so nice going over our trip again, brings back such lovely memories!  It seems like a lifetime away now :(

@Perrollaz the advent calendar opening was in the Main Street Lounge just outside Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel. The calendar was opened every night and the children were all given something little each. It was only on Christmas Eve that they had the extra show though.

I did start writing Christmas Day yesterday but my computer froze and everything was lost so will try & get it up on Monday :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

AislingM

Aww the dancing is brilliant, Eyore's got some moves too!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

perrollaz

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"I did start writing Christmas Day yesterday but my computer froze and everything was lost so will try & get it up on Monday :)

Gosh- I hope you didn't lost any pictures?

kelly.dylan

Tuesday 25th Dec-Day 6

Christmas Day was finally here!!! I had been waiting for this day for what seemed like a lifetime haha!!

Dylan and I were up and ready for our 8am breakfast in Cafe Mickey, after the previous night we were hoping for just as much fun, sadly we only saw Mickey Mouse at breakfast!
We were booked for the 8am seating and arrived just before. Neither of us eat much for breakfast but Dylan filled up on the hot food, sausages, bacon, potatoes and beans. I had the usual croissant with apricot jam. We finished our breakfast and hadn't seen anyone!!! Dylan made himself a hot chocolate and eventually, around 9am by now, Mickey Mouse came to our table!

We decided that we wouldn't waste our morning waiting for characters (and Dylan wanted to get back to open some presents)

On the way back to our room Dylan had a quick photo with Pluto & Eeyore

And off we went back to our room for some prezzies  :D

And Dylan's favourite, Thank you Alfie  :D  

Our lunch was at 12pm so Dylan had the chance to play his new ds games for a bit before we left  :thumbs:  

I wasn't sure what to expect from the Merry Christmas Lunch as no matter how hard i tried to find photos or info from last year i found nothing. So after getting changed we left, tickets in hand and hoping for the best  ;)

We arrived in the Hotel New York and followed the directions for the Grand Ballroom, leaving our coats in the cloak room on the way.

We arrived around 11.45am and already there was a fairly long queue. Now after hitting a brick wall on info for the lunch I had no idea how it worked. Would we be sitting on our own table? on a large table with other families? I really had absolutely no idea!!

We quickly reached the front of the queue and exchanged our tickets for a card with our name and table number on. Children under 3 were given a Duffy bear and under 12's were given a christmas lanyard & pins. I thought this was lovely, although being 13 Dylan wasn't entitled to either :(

The Grand Ballroom looked lovely, decorated with balloons and christmas trees!

We were shown to our table, number 35, and a table for 2!

So on our table we had a bottle of red wine, bottle of still water & a bottle of sparkling water.  Dylan was given a glass of orange juice and I had a glass of champagne, which Dylan thought was only fair to share  :shock:

Cheers!!

Now as I couldn't find any info on the dinner before I booked I wanted to make sure i took as many photos etc. for any one else thinking of booking  ;)  Mind you I think i got a few funny looks  :oops:

So our starter was Smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail. It was actually lovely, much better than i'd expected.

Then our 'traditional' turkey lunch. I wasn't expecting much from the turkey dinner but it was fine.

Followed by french cheese & crackers

And then for the best bit ( but pudding always is ;) ) Mini Christmas pudding, chocolate cake and mince pie with cream and brandy butter sauce. It was beautiful!

So our lunch was lovely and we had characters coming to the table constantly throughout. In all we saw around 20 different characters, including Santa who had his own little chair at the top of the room. We did also see Belle and Scrooge but I didn't manage to get any photos. I did take plenty of others  ;)

So after a fantastic Merry Christmas Lunch (and being given our first Duffy Bear by a lovely lady)

We left the Hotel New York around 2.30pm and after dropping our bags off at the Sequoia Lodge and wrapping up headed back to the Park. Dylan obviously wasn't as full as me as he couldn't resist yet another chocolate marshmallow skewer on the way through the village!!

After a few rides we caught the parade. As much as I love the parade it would have been nice if it had been slightly different for christmas day, even if they'd added the Christmas Cavalcade at the end. All the other Disney parks have a Christmas Day parade don't they?

We didn't watch the tree or castle lighting today, we had BBWWS booked for 9.30pm so wanted to make the most of the rides!

We popped back to the hotel to pick up our BB tickets and for Dylan to change his shoes (and checking our new friend Duffy was behaving  :P )

Tonight we caught the little train that goes round the lake for the first time. I think Dylan had asked every day but it wasn't like we had to walk miles so I didn't see the point. Today I gave in  :shock: It was 2 Euros each and I think both of our feet appreciated it!

We decided not to get to the show as early as we did on Friday, we arrived just after 9pm and Dylan asked if we could could be yellow tonight! He was now convinced yellow always win as the 3 times we had been yellow always won! We were too late for a photo with Mickey and only caught the end of the pre-show. Goofy was nowhere near as energetic  ;)

We both enjoyed the show, it was the same as always with the addition of Santa Claus ( exactly the same as friday).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWT5yYvkdmY

And do you think yellow won tonight??  :-"  

So our Christmas Day had come to an end, we had had a fantastic day! Just as magical, if not more, than we had both imagined! We walked back through the village, rather disappointed that tomorrow was boxing day which meant time to go home  :cry:

Day 7 to follow soon
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "perrollaz"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"I did start writing Christmas Day yesterday but my computer froze and everything was lost so will try & get it up on Monday :)

Gosh- I hope you didn't lost any pictures?

Luckily not, i had uploaded them all to my computer and saved some of them to photobucket too. My computer doesn't seem to like photobucket for some reason! Just means it's taken a bit longer as im having to keep saving what i've written every so often  :shock:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Martin B

Another great account Kelly.

Looks like you had lots of fun!!

Thanks for the info for HNY Christmas Dinner. We will be in DLP next year  either at HNY or NPB so will be looking for Christmas Dinner at one or the other. Great to see somany characters!! Were there other options or was it a strict set menu? Also, how much did it cost per person?

Thanks for writing.

Martin :)
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

norhel

Great report :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Martin  B"Another great account Kelly.

Looks like you had lots of fun!!

Thanks for the info for HNY Christmas Dinner. We will be in DLP next year  either at HNY or NPB so will be looking for Christmas Dinner at one or the other. Great to see somany characters!! Were there other options or was it a strict set menu? Also, how much did it cost per person?

Thanks for writing.

Martin :)
Thanks Martin,

This was the only character lunch in the hotels on christmas day. Was a strict set menu but think they had a vegetarian option. It was £117 each, i thought it was alot when we booked but would definately do it again  :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

carrydee38

Kelly
love your trip reports you have some many great photos and loven reading your report.  I do be waiting for the next installment with bated breath...so much so I tell my daughter Rachel hey xmas eve is up...christmas day is up.  Also how you managed to get photos up I tried doing with flickr but not with any sucuess you will have to pass your secret on.  Dylan is getting so grown up now, we are plainning our last trip this year as Rachel will be over 16 and well it probably last time she will want to go with her mam (it may not be soo cool ;o) ).

Dying to read the rest

Dee

whenyouwishuponastar

Hi Kelly,
Your reports are fab, wish I had the time to do one.
I totally forgot to look out for you on the 21st in BBWWS! I was so busy enjoying the pre show entertainments lol.
We sat in green! And were given seets in the cat 1 area! Bonus.
What time did you arrive at Duffy on Christmas Eve? We were third in the que! My son had Duffy dancing to Gangnam Style!, it was so funny, but don't think many people in the line found it as funny as us!

Looks like you had an amazing time, wish I knew when we were going back :( I'm looking for a good deal!
Love Sarah x

BlackPearl

Really enjoyed reading your report! And so cute photos of Duffy and everthing else.
 =D>