Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xata1

Thanks for your help.

Tuvok

Hi there! This is my first post as an active member of the magicforum. Been reading the board for some time now. It's time to contribute to the Disney community!

I'm planning to go to Disneyland twice this year. The first visit is 1 day in June and the second is 3 days during the Christmas period. I'm interested in the Fantasy Passport, but I have a question regarding the purchase.
I want to buy it when I'm there in June. I'm going by train and I read that a train company in Belgium offers a 5 euro discount on all parc tickets if you purchase a voucher in one of their train stations. The price of one day / one parc ticket will then cost me 46 euro's (instead of 51 euro's at Disneyland Parc). I've read that Disneyland will deduct the price of a one day ticket from the purchase of an annual passport. My questions is, will they deduct 46 euro's from the passport price, or 51 euro's?
If they can't see that I actually paid 46 euro for a 51 euro ticket, it will save me 5 euro's. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Thanks!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

captain rocket

Hi
I would suspect that Disney would know how much you paid for the ticket by the computerised information on it! If you get the extra discount,then good luck to you! A surer way of saving money is to get a sponsor for your AP as this will save you 10% of the cost.If you do not have a sponsor I would be happy to supply you with a sponsor form.

JohnH

Hi. Thickie alert! Apologies for what may be incredible dim-ness!

Am I right to think that the annual passports (Francilien at 89 euros) are cheaper than a 4-day hopper pass?
I have a family of 7 (2 adults, 2 adult-classed children (12 & 14), and 3 other children aged 6, 7 and 10). I am looking into booking our 3rd trip, our previous 2 were booked through Thomas Cook and cost around £2k or so, and were 4 day stays at Santa Fe.

If I buy 7 APs, therefore around 630eur (£560 GBP), all I'd need to sort out would be my own transport, transfers and accomodation. I reckon I could do the whole thing for much less than usual.
My question is, why doesn't everyone just buy APs?
It would also mean if we wanted to go again later in the year, as long as it wasn't a restricted date, we could just book transport, cheap accomodation and we're off!

Again, apologies if I've got this spectacularly wrong, but it seems AP is the way to go?!?!?
Help me someone!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "JohnH"Hi. Thickie alert! Apologies for what may be incredible dim-ness!

Am I right to think that the annual passports (Francilien at 89 euros) are cheaper than a 4-day hopper pass?
I have a family of 7 (2 adults, 2 adult-classed children (12 & 14), and 3 other children aged 6, 7 and 10). I am looking into booking our 3rd trip, our previous 2 were booked through Thomas Cook and cost around £2k or so, and were 4 day stays at Santa Fe.

If I buy 7 APs, therefore around 630eur (£560 GBP), all I'd need to sort out would be my own transport, transfers and accomodation. I reckon I could do the whole thing for much less than usual.
My question is, why doesn't everyone just buy APs?
It would also mean if we wanted to go again later in the year, as long as it wasn't a restricted date, we could just book transport, cheap accomodation and we're off!

Again, apologies if I've got this spectacularly wrong, but it seems AP is the way to go?!?!?
Help me someone!

Yes, if you don't plan on visiting on one of the restricted dates the AP is a much better deal, not to mention the 10% reduction in all restaurants!!

And if none of your family owned an AP within the last two years I could even sponsor you, which would give you another 10% off of the regular price, so it would be only ~80 EUR for each AP, instead of 89 EUR!!

Just give me a note if you want sponsorship...

smurfy74

at the moment the 40% offer is better value than the annual pass discount, and secondly you wont be able to buy francillien as once you have bought it you cant use it for at least 2 - 3 days after purchase, so unless you are going to paris for a few days and then back its no use, and there are loads of black out days on the francillien and you might coincide with those and you dont get any discounts with the francillien, only with the dream and fantasy, hope that helps

Clarebelle

if you need extra sponsorship me and Chris are offering  :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

JohnH

Quote from: "smurfy74"at the moment the 40% offer is better value than the annual pass discount, and secondly you wont be able to buy francillien as once you have bought it you cant use it for at least 2 - 3 days after purchase, so unless you are going to paris for a few days and then back its no use, and there are loads of black out days on the francillien and you might coincide with those and you dont get any discounts with the francillien, only with the dream and fantasy, hope that helps

Do I take it that you can't get the francilien unless you go in person?
Thought you could apply postally?

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I think it should be no problem to become an AP holder by post or by phone, at least it used to be like that.

Read all about the different APs, their discounts and restrictions and the ways how to get them HERE.

Your best bet would probably be to contact the AP office directly by phone (+33 (0) 160306085).

Hope this helps.

Elaine

There is no advantage to buying your AP in the post, as you don't get a permanent AP through the post. You get a temporary AP, which has to be activated and exchanged for a permanent AP within 30 days, and the only way you can do that is in person at the AP office in the main park at DLRP.

You also don't get the special AP offers unless you apply in person (for example, your 6-year old is entitled to a free AP when bought with an adult AP of the same type. This offer has been running for the last 2 years, and is extended, at the moment, to July 09. So if you are going before then, this may be worth considering).

Elaine

Tuvok

Thanks! I'm thinking, if they print the actual price on the ticket, I can not 'profit' from the extra discount. I read about the sponsorships, but apparently forgot about it. 10% discount is realy nice. You have a PM, captain rocket.

Joseph Carter

I have a dream AP and wanted to make use of a 50% discount on a Halloween Party. The Website states the discount is for the Disneys Halloween Party.
Im unsure what event I can get the discount on Is it the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party or is it the event on Halloween night? Or both?
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Joseph Carter"I have a dream AP and wanted to make use of a 50% discount on a Halloween Party. The Website states the discount is for the Disneys Halloween Party.
Im unsure what event I can get the discount on Is it the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party or is it the event on Halloween night? Or both?
Not sure about Mickeys Not so scary party (if thats happening this year?) But for the Halloween night you have to buy a completely separate ticket that is from (6pm?) and you get a 50% reduction on that.

You have to phone to book and all i was asked was my name, no number or nothing :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Joseph Carter

thanks for your help! :D
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Tuvok

I've read on a dutch DLRP fan board that, as of april this year, the person who already has a passport and wants to give someone else the 10% discount, must also be present at the ticket office when the new passholder buys his own passport. Can anyone here confirm that? At least three people on the other board are confirming that this is in fact the case now.