No FASTPASS in WDS - good or bad?

Started by Anthony, September 20, 2004, 11:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

According to recent rumours FASTPASS will be discontinued in WDS from October 1st 2004.  Do you think this is a good move or a bad one?

Remember how few guests WDS has, but then remember that DLRP should try to please those who do visit...

Kristof

Most attractions with high visitor numbers like the Tram Tour and the Stunt Show didn't have a Fastpass system before.  So I don't think it will make any difference.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Most attractions with high visitor numbers like the Tram Tour and the Stunt Show didn't have a Fastpass system before.  So I don't think it will make any difference.

Yeah, true.  Infact i can only see this being a problem at the Flying Carpets, and then it will only be on busy days.  Rock and Rollercoaster has such an excellent and speedy loading precedure that the queues move incredibly quickly and so FASTPASS isn't really needed at the moment.  On the Flying Carpets however, queues can easily build up and you'd think DLRP would want to keep the kids happy, since there is so little aimed primarily at them (unlike, say, the whole of Fantasyland in DLP).

experiment627

I don't think anyone will really miss Fastpass at the Studios... or did you ever  need one???

Kristof

I have never ever used a fastpass at the studios.  :P

PAT_MAGIC

I used it a couple of times on my last visit but then when i went to go on the rock n rollercoaster with it the ride broke.  So i just waited till it reopened and then just got straight on. :D So i don't think the Studios need Fastpass at the moment.

Sweet Laker

Well, i have used the fastpasses for RnRC but not because the queu line was crowded. I just wanted to see which route the Fastpass users got to see. If there would also be props just like in the normal queuline.

Funny thing is, i dont remember it anymore :P

flor

we're already April and from time to time FP in the Studios is still operating ;-)
I wonder which persons ever started this rumour ;-)

Anthony

Quote from: "flor"we're already April and from time to time FP in the Studios is still operating ;-)
I wonder which persons ever started this rumour ;-)

As far as I've known it does still operate on Flying Carpets on RNRC, but only during peak times, so was FP operating in February, or during any low season times recently?

April probably is considered as a busy time, especially with the extra visitors for SM:M2, so knowing if it has been operating during low season times since October will help us work this one out...  :wink:

Kristof

Fastpass only runs during peak days!  The FP at Studio Tram Tour has been closed for quite some time now, simply because the system didn't work for this attraction!

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Fastpass only runs during peak days!  The FP at Studio Tram Tour has been closed for quite some time now, simply because the system didn't work for this attraction!

OK, thanks for confirming that - I've just noticed I didn't really read your first post properly anyway: "from time to time FP in the Studios is still operating".  I didn't notice that part... :lol: :roll: I suppose you had already answered my question!  :wink: