Merida from Brave

Started by jonathan, August 25, 2012, 08:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Has Merida and/or any characters from Brave made it into DLP yet?  Wondered if they would have a meet and greet similar to the Rapunzel one as Brave is Disneys film this year.  Me and my daughter saw it the other day and as were back at DLP later this year she asked if she might meet Merida?  Thanks  :D

captain rocket

No sign of her in the parks last week.

jonathan

Shame, You'd have thought they'd have been all over it as its their big film this year.  Then again I guess you'd also expect to see the likes of Handy Manny and Jake and the Neverland Pirates too considering their popularity.....

orsie

Or Phineas And Ferb! I was shocked, so badly want to go to america to embrace in the Phineas and Ferb-ness. (I think Phineas and Ferb is pretty awesome!)
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

jonathan

Yeah them as well.  There's lots of these things that are very popular and its surprising that they haven't jumped on board.

orsie

I know, it's funny how much merchandise there is of these characters (like Phineas and Ferb) in the parks, yet none of them have actual presences (be it through characters or attractions).
Previous Disney Trips

jonathan

And the likes of Phineas, Jake, Handy Manny arent brand new to TV so theyd have had a chance now to get some costumes lol.  Fair enough that Brave is a new film but theyre years in production so that gives them enough time to sort out the film tie ins at the theme parks.

Obviously there are so many Disney characters that they couldn't have all of them and everybody won't be pleased all of the time but you'd think that having some relevant and current characters would help promote the new films and programmes.  They'd also be a lot more recognisable to a lot of people than the cat thing from Pinocchio lol

orsie

And considering they have all these characters in america it shouldn't be too hard to make an exact copy and ship it over (I mean costumes not cast members).
Previous Disney Trips

jonathan

Yeah you'd have thought so

captain rocket

You may be forgetting the financial aspect. DLRP has to pay WDC everytime a character appears in the parks and as DLRP is run by Eurodisney SCA there is not the financial incentive to promote current Disney/Pixar films like there is in USA. The only way that they could justify new characters is by dropping one or two of those already appearing in the parks and this always leads to howls of disaproval from fans of these characters like Beauty & the Beast who only now appear together in Fantillusion.
Now I've said all this Merida will probably appear tomorrow! Let's hope they actually choose a Scottish cast member unlike those chosen in Florida who are as realisitc as Scotty in Star Trek

Fluffymilly

There are loads of Merida dresses and wigs to buy at Disneyland Paris and I was surprised at how popular they were given how new the film is.

jonathan

Quote from: "captain rocket"You may be forgetting the financial aspect. DLRP has to pay WDC everytime a character appears in the parks and as DLRP is run by Eurodisney SCA there is not the financial incentive to promote current Disney/Pixar films like there is in USA. The only way that they could justify new characters is by dropping one or two of those already appearing in the parks and this always leads to howls of disaproval from fans of these characters like Beauty & the Beast who only now appear together in Fantillusion.
Now I've said all this Merida will probably appear tomorrow! Let's hope they actually choose a Scottish cast member unlike those chosen in Florida who are as realisitc as Scotty in Star Trek

I can well imagine the attempts at the Scottish accent.  Financial constraints are obviously a good excuse for all things and Id never dispute that but its lla bout keeping with the times.

While I'd also be one of those not so impressed at seeing the likes of Beauty and the Beast taken out of the parks but others wouldn't be so sorely missed by the masses surely?  Like I said before the likes of the cat and fox (I think their cats and foxes anyway) from Pinocchio.

As thier was so much emphasis on 'the new Generation' a little while ago it would be nice to see it continue.

orsie

Well lets just hope WDC buys DLRP, then they won't have to pay themselves!
Previous Disney Trips

littlemermaid83

From what I heard as DLP have spent every single dime they have on Dreams, Merida may not make it to the park this year.

Phineas and Ferb were at a private event a few weeks back at WDS as my friend met them.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!