A Summer of Disney Dreams (TRIP VIDEO ADDED!!)

Started by DLP-Photos.com, July 12, 2012, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "princessemily"Loved your last report and looking forward to this one.  Your photos catch unusual side to Disney which I love.  My DH, who is a very good amateur photographer, really enjoyed the more "technical" aspects of them too although he a Canon man!

Awesome - thanks!

Boo, a Canon man! haha - nah, what photos did he like in particular? (always nice to hear from fellow photographers)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

SwipatronSparks

looking forward to this followed your live tweets so cant wait to see how your themes this time work out =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

DLP-Photos.com

Dreams of the Old Days - Day 1

So, here we go! Day 1 of this new trip report from my latest trip with my friend Kristian - we have been going three summers in a row now and we were obvious bursting with excitement when the 6th of August arrived. I almost felt like just falling straight into the magic, because I had just moved into my new apartment in the days up to resulting my head being filled with loads of things.. yeah, actually almost everything but Disney. Because of this I was even more excited once the day finally arrived! Although it was just 1 month since I was there with my mum this felt like ages ago!

It was with as low expectations as possible for the Eurolines coach trip that we got onboard the bus in Aalborg. For the readers of previous years' trip reports and the first trip report of this summer will know why - it has just become worse and worse for each year!

However, I will not use many words describing this bus trip, because to be honest nothing went as expected in the smoothest bus drive we have experienced so far! And actually we were in Paris 30 minutes before time on tuesday morning resulting in us reaching Disneyland already around noon. Ascending from the stairs of the RER train station seeing the red rooftops of Hotel Disneyland, the majestic presence of World of Disney and hearing the eternal screams from Tower of Terror I was overwhelmed with the feeling of once again being home! :)

We quickly got on the bus to Hotel Santa Fe with no expectation of getting our room already. Especially considering the luck we had had so far with the bus journey to Paris and train journey from Paris to Disney. But that was just us being pessimistic, because we ended up getting the last free room of that morning! And what a nice check-in experience but also kind of funny - the CM was really nice to me, trying to say my name and she was really embarrased when she couldn't pronounce my last name (Kjærsgaard), and when she heard I was from Denmark she quickly found a park map in Dutch and presented it to me with the biggest pride I have seen from a CM. I simply couldn't tell her that we do NOT speak Dutch in Denmark.. She was so nice, so I just took the park map and we walked to our hotel room in the building 56 in the Trail of Legends part of the hotel. Our building was not refurbished yet, but nonetheless the room were great as always - after all it only has to offer a good "home for the night"...

Quickly getting ready and enjoying the amazing experience that is to brush your teeth after 20 hours on a bus, we found our way to the park. We were as far out as possible - actually we crossed Rio Grande where it finishes! We had seen the weather forecasts promising high sun, high temperaturs and no skies at all, so this view of Lake Disney suprised quite a bit:

Grey Skies by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

It was still very hot though, so we didn't think more of it.. Our stomaches were roaring like Mufasa, so what seemed more obvious than opting for lunch in Hakuna Matata? Before that we had taken a BTM FastPass - I really needed to try this having only been on it once with my mum in July! The lunch in Hakuna Matata was really delicious - I got the lightly spiced chicken breast with Hakuna fries and Kristian got the Chicken with african rice. Both were really yummy and filled with this new energy we continued my tradition of making my favourite attraction the first of every trip.

Adventureland by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Rhythms of the Jungle by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Time to drop into the Caribbean seas and the pirates! In July me and my mum thought we had sen the biggest queue for Pirates starting under the entrance. This time, however, the queue was even longer as the entire queue line was in use allowing us to really enjoy this wonderful queue area - actually the waiting time was 60 minutes!? But 60 minutes in this is not that bad, ey?

Pirates of the Caribbean by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Blue Lagoon Restaurant by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Le Coffre du Capitaine by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Caribbean Queue by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The attraction was in very good shape: swinging pirates, sword fighting pirates in very close encounters and all AA's working! The PERFECT start!!

However, walking into Hook's Hideout we were met by a horrible smell. Men, you will know it! The smell of a pissoire. I really hope we were wrong, but it smelled just as if someone had been standing in there taking a wee!! Eeeew  :sick:

Through the Waterfall by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Me and my mum had used quite a lot of time walking around Adventure Isle, which is really awesome right now: the hot and bright summer weather and the refurbished Tree House and ship of Captain Hook. I could without exacturating walk around it all day! I mean really, just look at it:

The Stream Between the Leaves by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Pont Suspendu by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Swiss Family Robinson Tree House by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... A place that is almost just as enjoyable in the summer is around Rivers of the Far West in Frontierland. This time we actually visited a corner I had never visited before - Pocahontas Indian Village. To be honest, it did feel a little weird for two men in their early twenties to walk around this playground area...  :lol:  But it was worth it - do yourself a favour and go down here and you will be rewarded with this brilliant view:

Big Thunder Mountain by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Pocahontas Indian Village by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

While standing there a thing happened that we would experience quite a few times unfortunately - the lights were turned on on Big Thunder Mountain and the ride was down. This happened a lot of times and we decided to quickly walk to Phantom Manor before everyone was let out of the BTM queue... We didn't beat the people and the queue was roughly 60 minutes - while queueing I noticed another thing we would experience a lot. Characters joining in besides the times and places in the programme! That is for me way more Disney than all these really organized meet'n'greets that we are left with now. As soon as BTM went down Donald and Daisy were left out in Frontierland removing some of the pressure caused by the down time.

Phantom Manor was also in a good shape, though a few of the AA's had some minor issues in the graveyard and ghost town scenes. This is Kristian's favourite, so could it be more perfect for us to start with our favourites? I think not!

It was still too early for our BTM fastpasses so we walked around Fantasyland a bit and mainly Frontierland soaking up the atmosphere, really getting ready for the next 4 days of magic that was ahead of us. Frontierland is probably our favourite land in Disneyland and this is part of the reason:

Deserted Frontierland by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Thunder Mesa Mining Company by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The themening is simply top class!! BTM had reopened while we were inside Phantom Manor and walking by it we noticed the waiting time was no less than 110 minutes!?! and the fast pass line was longer than past the entrance of the attraction. We were happy we had a little time to go still...

110 Minutes... by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Sooner than we knew it was our time though and luckily the biggest waiting times were gone. When entering the fast pass queue I noticed a group of people with a VIP guide just outside the attraction. When it was out turn to board the train, I noticed the same party left the train we were boarding and then Kristian said: "Hey, that's that actress, isn't it? Queen Latifah".. I was pretty sure, but when she exited the train and just yelling "YEAAAAH!" there was no more doubt. Not that I am a celebrity hunter, but always funny to meet them nonetheless and sitting on the row behind the one she had sat in, we joked about not taking a bath for the rest of the trip. LOL...

BTM - what can I say? Hands down, funniest ride in the resort - it is still really sad that they have taken away all the AA's above your heads, but luckily this time the waterfall in the first lift hill was turned on. You got quite wet, which was lovely in the parisian heat! The mountain could need a repaint soon again already :( Something which is very clear when shadows hit it in the bright summer days... But that doesn't do anything about the fun and thrill of this brilliant, brilliant ride. It will always be a favourite of mine :D

We decided to head back to the hotel - mainly because I wanted to drop off my camera. My shoulders and neck were quite tired from the bus drive, so I wanted a "night off"... So no photos from the evening, but you guys shall not be robbed from this just because of that... and after the quick break we were on our way to the studios - just 30 minutes before they closed!

We decided to visit Toy Story Playland to try RC Racer, which has quite a "Crush" problem in the day time with big, big queues. And for that the attraction isn't really worth it... It's really funny though and the feeling of being weightless is much bigger here than in Tower of Terror. This is much more a thrill ride really, because it doesn't have a major story line.. Even though we were so late in the day it was 7.30 when we walked through the turnstiles to Disneyland Parc. Just a few minutes too late to find a restaurant before the parade ended!

Luckily one of our favourites Col. Hathi Pizza Outpost is always open and you rarely find a very big queue here.  This was once again the situation this evening and we were quickly sat with our pizza and pasta - the pizza royale has really been given a touch up. It is really delicious now and so is the tiramisu! Something I think is general for the fast food - it has become a lot better in the latest years!

We couldn't resist a much smaller Pirates queue so after once again being taken back into time before dropping into our time again, we found ourselves in Fantasyland and it was time for the first of the Fantasyland classics: Les Voyages de Pinocchio! For me a Disneyland trip is never complete before all the Fantasyland Dark rides is done :) This was one down...

... and now time to the first of four magical evenings of Disney Dreams! We were there in good time - 90 minutes before showtime and we got a decent spot by the front right flowerbed in front of the castle. Already during the ever so wonderful Fantilussion it became clear that they still had the same problem as in July: people (including - actually especially - grown ups) climbed the Flowerbeds standing in there destroying the flowers and ruining the view for people who had been standing there for more than two hours. A disgrace that Disney doesn't do anything against that - or was our luck about to turn again in the following days? You'll have to wait and see...

... I know that I for some time was really worried that my tripod photos planned for wednesday evening would once again be ruined by these flowerbed climbers. When the light went out and the giant lights behind the castle went on ALL doubts were lost and we were transported into the amazing, magical and emotional reality of Disney Dreams. You really have to think a little extra if this really happening right before your eyes and once again I must say it was difficult to keep the tears away during quite a lot of the scenes.

For more in Disney Dreams read my trip report from July earlier in this thread or wait until the updates from wednesday and friday night which will feature an immense amount of Dreams photography!

This day could not have been any better - many of our favourites already tried, some true Disney moments and the most enchanting end to the day that you could ever imagine! We were tired, but we were already ready for the next day which would begin with breakfast at 7!

Next part will come tomorrow evening, and I promise that this will be much more photo heavy! I took 660 photos on wednesday, so there will be quite a few to choose from ;)
/Nicolai

esmeralda

What a great trip report again!!! I love your enthusiatic way of writing!
I've been at Dlp two weeks ago- it feels already like ages ago- and i call it "home" too, but when reading your report i feel  like being home again, right now ;-)
I ate at Hakuna Matata also! Haven't been there for years, cause we were not sure about that kind of food, but i loved the spicy chicken too!
60 min. queue at PotC is crazy!!!
Looking forward to part 2!!!
Julia

amanda08

Thank you Nicolai! Once again, the start of a fab report. The combination of your writing and photography skills always make me "homesick"for Disney! Can't wait to read the rest - even though it makes me way too impatient for my next trip - still 9.5 weeks away!

Martin B

I love reading your reports! GREAT START!  :thumbs:
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Macchiato

Great report, Nicolai! I was there last week, too. I think I even saw you on Wednesday night. Were you standing by the right flowerbed at Central Plaza with your Tripod? Anyway, it was so packed at Central Plaza, I could barely move. And afterwards I was in tears, because it was our last evening and I knew I won't be going back in quite a long time. So if it was you, apologies for not saying hi.  ;)

DLP-Photos.com

Thank you all :)

And
Quote from: "Macchiato"Great report, Nicolai! I was there last week, too. I think I even saw you on Wednesday night. Were you standing by the right flowerbed at Central Plaza with your Tripod? Anyway, it was so packed at Central Plaza, I could barely move. And afterwards I was in tears, because it was our last evening and I knew I won't be going back in quite a long time. So if it was you, apologies for not saying hi.  ;)

Indeed that must have been me - you will be able to see the results tomorrow evening when I post the 3rd part of the trip report :) Did you have a good time?
/Nicolai

Macchiato

Yeah thanks, we had a great time apart from the crowds. I've been a few times in the last year, including last summer and Christmas, and I've never seen it so crowded. We had to stand in parts of the queues for PotC, Phantom Manor and Indy, that I've never seen used before.  ;)

lynny

always enjoy your trip reports they are so well written and your photo's are amazing =D>

i'm in desperate need of a new camera but sadly i could not afford yours unless i win the lottery.lol even though you have a fantastic camera you are an amazing photographer with a really good eye for capturing the best of Dlrp =D>

looking forward to hearing more very soon.x
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

DLP-Photos.com

Thank you lynny,.

Right now it looks like my next update will be delayed due to Flickr giving me uploading problems... But I still hope to get it online tonight!
/Nicolai

fraffstar

Fab start to report number 2!! We got back from our July trip a little over 2 weeks ago now and already I feel homesick.... :(

I took my pro camera with me and 4 lenses...and ended up leaving it all in the hotel room every single day. The massive crowds combined with wrangling a 3 year old, a 7 year old and a 43 year old was just too much and so I decided it was unfair to expect them to be patient whilst I tried to get some decent shots. Plus I had a pushchair to contend with along with 4 raincoats and a big daypack so didn't really want the camera bag to have to worry about too! I did manage to get one or two snaps on my iPhone, though they are more the family snapshot type. But hey! there is always the next trip eh?

Looking forward to the next installment  :thumbs:

Epcot_Boy

... A place that is almost just as enjoyable in the summer is around Rivers of the Far West in Frontierland. This time we actually visited a corner I had never visited before - Pocahontas Indian Village. To be honest, it did feel a little weird for two men in their early twenties to walk around this playground area... But it was worth it - do yourself a favour and go down here and you will be rewarded with this brilliant view:

By the river on the left hand side, partly shaded by a bush is a bench. I have sat there for ages on some occasions dreaming that I'm actually on the Mississippi watching 'Molly' go by :)  However, your right, I do sometimes become aware of the age difference between me and the local village residents :lol:  :-"

Great read as usual Nicolai with wonderful pics =D>  :thumbs:

David

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "fraffstar"Fab start to report number 2!! We got back from our July trip a little over 2 weeks ago now and already I feel homesick.... :(

I took my pro camera with me and 4 lenses...and ended up leaving it all in the hotel room every single day. The massive crowds combined with wrangling a 3 year old, a 7 year old and a 43 year old was just too much and so I decided it was unfair to expect them to be patient whilst I tried to get some decent shots. Plus I had a pushchair to contend with along with 4 raincoats and a big daypack so didn't really want the camera bag to have to worry about too! I did manage to get one or two snaps on my iPhone, though they are more the family snapshot type. But hey! there is always the next trip eh?

Looking forward to the next installment  :thumbs:

It takes up some time bringing your pro camera to the parks, so I completely understand you left it at the hotel - family comes first! I would have done just the same in your situation - and as you say the future - hopefully - brings lots of new opportunities!

Thank you .- the next installment will be up later tonight :) (Finally)

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"... A place that is almost just as enjoyable in the summer is around Rivers of the Far West in Frontierland. This time we actually visited a corner I had never visited before - Pocahontas Indian Village. To be honest, it did feel a little weird for two men in their early twenties to walk around this playground area... But it was worth it - do yourself a favour and go down here and you will be rewarded with this brilliant view:

By the river on the left hand side, partly shaded by a bush is a bench. I have sat there for ages on some occasions dreaming that I'm actually on the Mississippi watching 'Molly' go by :)  However, your right, I do sometimes become aware of the age difference between me and the local village residents :lol:  :-"

Great read as usual Nicolai with wonderful pics =D>  :thumbs:

Thank you Epcot_Boy! This really was a wonderful piece of "untouched" DLP area :)
/Nicolai

DLP-Photos.com

Dreams of the Old Days - Day 2 Part 1

Even though we had probably only had 3-4 hours of very light sleep on the bus we decided to have breakfast at 7 AM on wednesday - we always travel with the idea of using the time as good and much as possible... So with a slightly tired body and mind we waddled towards La Cantina on wednesday morning - I had joked about breaking down when seeing the ordinary breakfast here having stayed in Hotel New York in July. However, I quickly forgot the extra choices of bread and the hot breakfast - a plate with a croissant, a baguette and a pain au chocolat accompanied by a bowl of fruit salad and I am good to go. What I continued to miss throughout the trip was the choice of juices on HNY! The Apple juice at Santa Fe is simply to boring and the orange juice is either too sour or simply just yellow water. Boy, I thought about the freshly pressed orange juice of Club Manhattan many times on these mornings!

We quickly found our way towards the park once again laughing about the fact that we actually crossed Rio Grande at it's very "source"!

Far Out by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

It was a beautiful sunny morning and with a clear sky we knew it would be a hot day = an expensive day, because you simply to buy a lot of cold drinks and Disney certainly knows what to charge for these ;)

Sunny Morning by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Walking past Club Manhattan I swear I could just taste the orange juice in my mouth and got a little extra energy :D We talked about the new placement of the security checkpoint and i must say I really enjoy it! The feeling of being checked so far away from the parks leaving a clear, untouched walk straight through Disney Village towards the magic is great - whoever came up with this idea, I salute you!

Morning Reflections by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Walking through Disney Village we talked about The Dark Knight Rises and how we wanted to rewatch this brilliant film in IMAX in the Gaumont. Seeing this poster certainly didn't decrease our interest, but we decided to think about it...

Rise by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... When I was here with my mum, it was all blue and white construction walls - great to see the new flowerbeds adding some much needed class and DIsney feeling to the area around the RER train station and of course the beautiful World of Disney:

Fenced Off by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Inside Fantasia Gardens the Hotel Disneyland and it's surrounding garden had hardly ever looked more beautiful than in this early morning sun. If this view doesn't make you ready for the magic, then you should think about getting yourself checked or something!

With a Swing of the Wand by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

EMH was really the best thing to come with the 15th Anniversary besides Once Upon a Dream Parade - me and Kristian always enjoy it, trying the Discoveryland rides and eventually Peter Pan before heading for an early queue outside the Studios. This trip would see some new traditions, but more on that in a later installment :) Through the visionary corridors of Discovery Arcade...

Discovery Arcade by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... we found ourselves in Star Commands HQ ready to board our XP-41 Space Cruisers and defeat the evil Emperor Zurg! However, on our way I noticed that Buzz Lightyear himself was still missing from the queue line leaving us without an important pep talk! He was also missing back in July - I wonder he'll return?? I got a score of 365k, which was way better than in July, but still some way from my personal best.. Nah, alright for the first spin of the trip - off to Space Mountain for our special mission to see the super nova! Readers of my trip report from last year would know that I on one occasion was stuck in the train when we had to get out - simply because of my long legs! This morning this was no problem as we were probably placed in the best row of the entire train: ROW 7! Here I can fit my legs just fine and the ride is almost completely bumpless and then it still is a pleasure to ride and great fun. Everytime I try it I keep regretting never experiencing the original!!

After two space travels in just 20 minutes we decided to slowly move towards the studios and while enjoying the atmosphere of Discoveryland and Main Street U.S.A I decided to revive my personal tradition from the last years: getting a chocolate cookie from the Cable Car Bake Shop. This is without a doubt the best cookies in the world (sorry, mum!) - yummy!! :D

We got in line for the studios just in time for the opening at 9.30 - meaning that we weren't exactly first in line for Crush' Coaster, but then again this is mainly down to the fact that we take our time to enjoy atmosphere and Studio 1 instead of just sprinting towards Crush as if you were trying to beat Usain Bolt's world record. Come on, give it a break! You are already among the first people let into the park - I THINK you can walk to your first destination ;) In the end you have to queue up just outside Studio 1 anyway, although the CM's were quick to open the next parts of the queue making the rest of the park accesible too without being blocked by the ever so gigantic queue for Crush! I understand the queue though - this is still one of the funniest rides in the resort with the first drop being the funniest in any roller coaster in the parks  :D/

We looked for a Tower of Terror fastpass but noticed the waiting time was only 15 minutes (!?!) so decided to just queue up instead and impressively even though we started queueing up in the garden it did only take 15 minutes for us to be seated in our service elevator taking us directly to.... the Twilight Zone! Having laughed our socks off inside the elevator it was time for me to kickstart my photo theme of this trip. On Twitter I had asked for suggestions and as you will see some of them did affect my photography throughout the trip, but my main theme ended up being "Look Up" with special attention to shop ceilings:

Look Up - Tower Hotel GIfts by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

You can find both impressive, beautiful, special, boring and quite interesting things by looking up once in a while when you walk through the parks. I knew this already, but was still surprised at some of the things I discovered doing so! A lot of people looked up and simply just saw me lol - yes still quite a lot of people had a good stare at me because of my height:

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

We wanted to catch the 11.45 showing of one of our favourite attractions, Cinémagique, and the area around Tower of Terror and La Terasse offers quite a good place for "time spending"... One of you might recognize your theme suggestion in one of these photos:

Disney Studio 1 Reflected by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

1705 by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Hollywood Tower Hotel by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Being huge film and cinema lovers we are always both really excited to see Cinémagique and I think it is safe to say that we actually could watch all daily perfomances of this during a trip and not getting tired of it one single bit! Even with the new scenes it is still touching, funny, impressive and incredibly original! [spoiler:145noheq]Having just moved out before leaving just the few seconds from Toy Story 3 with Woody waving at Andy saw a little tear fall from my eye  :oops:  That film really does something to me![/spoiler:145noheq] Filled with the enthusiasm of watching such a celebration of a thing we love, we decided to call it a day for the Studios - at least for now - and head for lunch in Disneyland Park, hoping to beat the major  lunch queues in the restaurants! Of course I continued my theme through Studio 1 and the Studios Store...

Look, My Friend! by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Studio 1 by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Studio 1 by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Majestic Studio by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Before actually entering Disneyland Park Fantasia Gardens once again called for photos in the bright and warm french summer sun:

Fantasia Gardens by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

And upon entering, Main Street U.S.A did just the same:

Magic Awaits by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Here You Leave Today... by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Popcorn by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Towards the Magic by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

We wanted to have lunch in Toad Hall getting my favourite fast food in the park - the delicious Fish'n'Chips, which I could eat every single day! On our way we got fastpasses for BTM and I continued my theme:

Look Up - Fastpass by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Walking through Adventureland...

... we heard what was clearly live music. Already there I was ecstatic as it is not something we have been granted that often in the past years. It turned out to be a fun little Pirate Band - great music and great interaction with the guests. Not in the programme, not mentioned anywhere - just happening! That is what I remember from the "good old disney days" and it really made me soooooo happy:

Pirates Ahoy by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Remember how we wanted to beat the lunch queues? Well, good news: WE DID! Yet it was still impossible to get a table at Toad Hall, where half the tables were occupied by people without food (some waiting for someone in the queue, some who just sat there) we ended up standing near the counter by the ONE bar table to be found in the restaurant. This fish'n'chips is delicious - standing or not! And standing there I planned some photos from inside the restaurant:

Garners Fruit & Veg by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Mr. Toad by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Toad Hall Restaurant by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

To infinity... and England? by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

I noticed that the sign for Meet Mickey had been replaced by a well resembling cardboard replica - quite good, but hopefully the real one will be out of refurbishment soon!

Meeting the Mouse by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Fantasyland was filled with queues - for the labyrinth, for the Tangled meet'n'greet and for our destination it's a small world. Now I get the feeling on here that quite a few actually don't like the big crowds... I don't know if I am the weird one here, but I actually really enjoy it. Though some of the guests' behaviour is catastrophic to say the least, it helps build the atmosphere when you see so many people of all ages, genders, races and religions gathered in one place all smiling and being happy! Also it tells me that the resort is still popular, which as a fan you have to like. So for me, big crowds is no problem! :D

Alice' Curious Labyrinth by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Old Mill by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Tangled in Queue by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

it's a small world by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

it's a small world by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The queue for it's a small world was huge, though not as huge as in July! Of all the rides, I think this is the one in most need of a nice, big refurbishment.. The outdoor area is a bit faded and quite a few of the AA dolls aren't working properly, which is a shame, because the attraction is one of my favourites. It actually tells the exact same story as I did before with the big crowds! With this attraction done it was one more of the essential classics that you have to try for a trip to be complete that was down! It is THE ride to capture the happiness and optimism of the 'happiest place on earth'!! :D

Minnie was bringing the big smile too ;)

Minnie Mouse Balloons by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

And Adventureland Bazaar was looking very welcoming:

Gate to Adventures by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Curios by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Before our BTM fastpasses we had quite a few plans with the first one being the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I couldn't remember the last time I climbed the tree! It has been down for the major refurbishments during the last years and boy, could you see it! It sparkled and was looking as good as new in the summer light and heat. I cannot say more than take a look at these photos:

In the Jungle by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Our Kitchen by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Through the Leaves by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Through the Leaves by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Our Bedroom by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Down by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Really a beautiful attraction, with a fine story line (even without characters ;)) And we even spotted the Eiffel Tower from the highest point! Do not cheat yourself for this attraction even though it takes quite some climbing!

Combine it with a walk around Adventure Isle and the new, beautifully refurbished Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and you see why we have the best, most beautiful Adventureland of all Disney parks! The tam tams were out in front of Hakuna Matata and after the pirate band I was even happier to see them out too. They really gave it all!

It was almost time for BTM, but we had just time to get the most horrifying tale of Thunder Mesa told once again before, by visiting Phantom Manor!

Phantom Manor by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

This is Kristian's favourite attraction so a photo was quite obvious:

Frontierland has themening around every corner just as Adventureland, which is why this corner easily is my favourite in the park(s)...

Thunder Mesa by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Tobias Norton & Sons - Frontier Traders by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Tobias Norton & Sons - Frontier Traders by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Now, for BTM I had for a loong time wanted to try and take photos from onboard the train. I prepared by camera by wrapping the strip around my wrist app. 50 times haha, and then we boarded the train... I will not do it again, because I was too nervous about my camera, but I am actually quite happy with the photos which made it worthwhile:

You rarely see Phantom Manor from this angle:

Phantom Manor on the River by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

And when you exit to this sight how can you not become extremely happy?

Rivers of the Far West by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

On our way towards the hotel for a quick break to collect my tripod we popped into Victoria's Home Style Restaurant to collect our free drinks (you get free drinks when buying cold drinks or food during the beginning of the day) - it's not the restaurant I have visited the most, but my guard is it charming:

Victoria's Home Style Restaurant by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

We visited World of Disney before the hotel too, where I bought two of the Peter Pan Mural paintings! One for myself and one I bought for Never2Old from this forum :) This was also when I was introduced to the wonderful Vinylmation offer: Buy 1 "Parks 10" Figure (13.99 €) and get 1 "Animation 2" Figure for 2 €... I did not notice the offer, but the CM was very nice to point it out to me and she wanted me to pick my Animation box myself too. Great service in a wonderful store!

THe next update will feature A LOT of Disney Dreams photos :D And for that reason it won't be online until saturday, because I have lot of sorting, editing and uploading to do. I'm sorry for the wait, but I can almost promise that it will be worth it!! :D
/Nicolai