A Summer of Disney Dreams (TRIP VIDEO ADDED!!)

Started by DLP-Photos.com, July 12, 2012, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecila

Your photos from Dreams are absolutely outstanding! Definitely the best I have seen. I wish I had brought my tripod on my last trip now haha
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "ecila"Your photos from Dreams are absolutely outstanding! Definitely the best I have seen. I wish I had brought my tripod on my last trip now haha

The best? Wow, I don't know about that - but thank you very much! :)

Actually the last bunch here was shot without tripod :) Using the tripod demands 3 hours of waiting time in Central Plaza :P
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

SwipatronSparks

loved the report and cant wait to see the videos you took XD had alot of fun reading the whole thing =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

jamieclayton9

I can honestly say that this is one of the best trip reports i have ever read  :D  =D>  8)  

the photo's are just so stunning!

Thank you so much for sharing  :thumbs:

DLP-Photos.com

Dreams of the Old Days - Day 5

And here it is - the last photo update of this Trip Report :(

We were incredibly tired when waking up on saturday - less than 5 hours sleep, but that didn't matter. It was the last day and every second of the 7 hours left in the parks were to be used as good as possible!

So after our usual breakfast routine at 7 we checked out around 8 and left our luggage with the hotel, where the CM quite helplessly tried to speak danish. We certainly didn't understand it right away :lol:

Walking through Disney Village in the morning for the last time is always the first of many hard "lasts" on the last day, but luckily here you still have the parks to visit :) And as usual we were quickly off to Discoveryland! I left Buzz (who was still nowhere to be seen in the queue) with a disappointing score of 181500 - I doubt he'd have missed me that much this time :P

In Space Mountain we were shocked to actually having to queue up! :O :lol: And as if that wasn't enough this morning the special care for me because of my height reached new peaks! We were asked to wait for the next train, because we simply had to sit in the very first row! While the ride was a bit rougher, this is definetely the best I've ever seen all the special effects. There was actually quite a lot of smoke effects working inside the mountain!

We knew that this would probably be the last time in Discoveryland during this trip, so having taken one last look at the retro-futuristic beauties of this land, we headed for Central Plaza...

Centre by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... eventually ending onboard the Omnibus for another awesome, atmospheric ride down Main Street U.S.A!

Travelling By Omnibus by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Sunrise In Main Street U.S.A by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Enjoying the last view of the morning "empty" Main Street U.S.A:

Town Square by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Town Square by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Main Street U.S.A by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

In the studios we had an optimistic plan that involved Crush and ToT before catching the 11 showing of Cinémagique, which would see us back in Disneyland Park before/around 12! Being quite far forward in the queue we certainly kicked off in a good way:

Outside the Studios by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Outside the Studios by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

As always, however, the gate we chose would be quite slow, but our spot meant that we were able to see the opening ceremony with a little girl being chosen as the child to have his/her day made by officially opening the park! The first time I have been able to see this great little ceremony :)

Crush was a speedy ride this morning as it was open and the first guest filled shells left the building already around 9.45! :D Our plan was looking good and not so mission impossible as earlier! We soon found ourselves in the abandoned gardens of the once so majestic Hollywood Tower Hotel...

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The inside portraying the abandoned nature of the hotel even clearer:

Abandoned Hotel by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

After our final check-in in the desserted hotel we just managed to catch Cinémagique - today as the very last people let in for this show, which was just as lovely as always. A fitting, charming and perfect farewell to the studios for this trip!

We had managed to keep our plan all the way in the studios, so a new one was made for Disneyland Park! Pirates of the Caribbean, Toad Hall, Big Thunder Mountain and hopefully Phantom Manor. Time to complete: 3 hours!

Main Street U.S.A and our beautiful castle was the first distraction from the plan.. How can you not stop up and take some time to just enjoy this view? Especially on the last day:

Edison Avenue by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

After a great final cruise in the caribbean among the royal navy and several swashbuckling pirates we found our way to Great Britain and the manor of the great Mr. Toad for some delicious Fish'n'Chips! Once again we faced a great battle to find a table and after 10 minutes of walking around the restaurant we finally found one. We just had to clean it ourselves. The father who sat there just left all the trash in the table and walked away! Food on the floor and everything! Urgh, I simply don't understand why people cannot clean up after themselves?? It is one minute - tops!!

The Fish'n'Chips, however, was worth the wait - brilliant as ever and a very fulfilling meal on leaving day when you are not really sure how much food you are going to get after leaving Paris before arriving in Aalborg 20 hours later ;) On this trip it turned out to be good that we got a good, big meal for lunch! :lol: (No food from saturday evening until Aalborg around 3 in the afternoon sunday)

So far so good for our plan - next stop: Big Thunder Mountain! But of course we couldn't walk straight to it. We simply had to enjoy the wonders of Adventure Isle one last time this sunny, hot afternoon :)

Skull Rock by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Adventure Isle by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Adventure Isle by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The waiting time for BTM was 65 minutes - plan wise not so good, but otherwise it was perfect. Really gave us time to enjoy this queue line one last time. Did I say how much I love this queue line? :lol: What a great ride, what a great atmosphere - to heck with it, this is my favourite! No wait, Pirates is good too... Ahhh, ohhh - is it okay to have two?

Maybe three, because next up was Phantom Manor and that one is damn good too. Unfortunately the queue was just the amount of time we had said we could spend... We thought about last year when we was "evacuated" from the RER train and heavily delayed to Gallieni bus station. We decided to skip Phantom Manor - something I would really regret when we faced more than two hours of waiting time at the bus station ;) But it gave me time to really expand my otherwise partly forgotten "Look Up" series as we walked down Main Street U.S.A one last time taking one last look back at the castle...

Where the Magic Is Created by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... and then I give you the end to my series:

Look Up - Casey's Corner by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Casey's Corner by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Gibson Girl by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Cable Car Bake Shop by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Harrington's by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Market House Deli by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Emporium by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Including a charming look inside Dapper Dan's...

Dapper Dan's Hair Cuts by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Dapper Dan's Hair Cuts by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... before continueing the series:

Boardwalk Candy Palaca by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Main Street Photography by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... eventually ending up in Town Square...

Disneyland City Hall by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

I cannot really remember the last time I was so sad to leave. I literally had to hold back the tears - it sounds so stupid that a place can do this to you and all non-disney fans would probably laugh... But to me it just shows that it really is the happiest place on earth. Because only the Happiest Place on Earth can make you so sad when you have to leave! I'm always sad when a holiday is over, but it's only Disneyland that can nearly make me cry. Dreams certainly helped - I kept thinking: "what if I never get to see it live again?"...

... Walking through Fantasia Gardens I just stopped up to take those last photos. You know, those photos you only take to just let the magic last a few seconds more... The photos that keep you there for one last moment... And that's why every Disneyland photo series I have end with these shots:

Fantasia Gardens by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Fantasia Gardens by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

We headed back to the hotel visiting World of Disney one last time.. I made use of the awesome Vinylmation offer for the last time and Kristian got some gifts for his brothers! Back in the hotel, I did that other thing you do to just let the magic last a little longer... I popped into the hotel shop to just do that extra bit of shopping - in this case just three bags of the yummy sour cola candy! But still it made it last just one minute longer and that made smile just one minute more :)

We found our way to the RER station with the shuttle bus, made the last food shopping in the Relieve store and before we knew of it we were at the Gallieni bus station two and a half hours before the bus left. One and a half hour before check-in opened. During this time no less than two busses arrived from London - both quite full! Out of one of them came Jasmine Breinburg - the lead female dancer from the Olympics Opening Ceremony in London. Now for those (probably most men) who found her quite charming and good-looking, I can say that that was not just on the tv :lol:

After 20 hours of bus driving including 90 minutes to go through Brussels because of a music festival in the city centre, we were back in Aalborg exhausted, excited and with a great desire to return as quickly as possible!

This marks the end of the trip report part of this report... But there is still a shopping list and eventually a trip video to come!

I want to thank you all very much for reading and for all the lovely comments! I always use my trip reports as way of extending my trips, so I'm actually a bit emotional now too finishing this. Your comments have made this the single report I have been most excited to write, which is why it sometimes have taken a little longer than promised. I've had so much to share, so much to write and so little time to do it. Thank you! :D
/Nicolai

never2old

I'm so sad this is finished!!

Thank you so much for taking us along, and sharing your trip and your love for the most magical place with all of us. It has been a real pleasure to read. And of course, we will never get enough of your gorgeous pictures!!

Hope you can go again soon!!

princessemily

Fantastic review, my amateur photographer husband really loved your photos of Dreams.  I really hope that it is still on when we go in March.  With all these deals on at the moment I would love to be going during the Christmas season though.  Still your review, and others, and our own memories will keep us going until a return visit.
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

norhel

As I have said before, great report! :-)
Looks like a nice touch with the Coca Cola lights  Casey's Corner :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Epcot_Boy

I've been a member of this forum now for five years and without doubt this is one of the finest TP's I've had the pleasure to read :)  Regarding your photographs I would have to say it stands head and shoulders above any that I have read 8)
It's been a real pleasure to 'literally' share your holidays with you, so a big thankyou for taking all of us on your journey around the glorious place that is Disneyland Paris. =D>  =D>

David

DLP-Photos.com

Thank you all for the incredible comments and praise of my photos! It has been an absolute pleasure writing this report, knowing how much it has been appreciated by you guys.

THANKS  :D/
/Nicolai

i love main st

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW .........Absolutely fabulous ..
Stunning storytelling and pictures , was walking each path with you ..wonderful  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

esmeralda

I have to say I'm really sad cause your report is finished! Reading your report extended my trip (mid july) too :-)
There are so many things i feel the same about, like the flowerbed climbers, long queues- bad for guests but good for Dlp or how hard it is to leave Disneyland.  My 1st visit was in '94 and I'm getting more and more obsessed with Dlp every year! :-D
So, do you know when you'ill be "home" the next time?
Thanks again for taking me back to the magic by your beautiful pictures and your well written reports!!!
Can't wait for your shopping haul! :-)
Julia

mickeymouse

This report should never end ...! Can't wait to see what you have bought from your trip this time!
2008 Santa Fe
2012 Cheyenne

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "i love main st"WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW .........Absolutely fabulous ..
Stunning storytelling and pictures , was walking each path with you ..wonderful  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Thank you VERY much! Especially the word storytelling makes me happy as I really wanted that in this report! :)

Quote from: "esmeralda"I have to say I'm really sad cause your report is finished! Reading your report extended my trip (mid july) too :-)
There are so many things i feel the same about, like the flowerbed climbers, long queues- bad for guests but good for Dlp or how hard it is to leave Disneyland.  My 1st visit was in '94 and I'm getting more and more obsessed with Dlp every year! :-D
So, do you know when you'ill be "home" the next time?
Thanks again for taking me back to the magic by your beautiful pictures and your well written reports!!!
Can't wait for your shopping haul! :-)

I'm not sure when I'm back, but hopefully some time next year! I have to be! I went for the first time in '94 too - and really I'm just as excited still! For the shopping photos just look below ;)

Quote from: "mickeymouse"This report should never end ...! Can't wait to see what you have bought from your trip this time!

It'll go on a little longer! Now with the shopping and later with the video!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here you go with the shopping:

First off my eight vinylmation figures! 4 in the Parcs series and 4 in the Animation 2 series:

Then a coffee cup and an espresso set for my new apartment:

Vintage fridge magnets bought at the market in Paris:

The ONLY pin I bought on this trip:

An amazing photography I bought in the Yellow Korner photographic studio under the Louvre:

And a bag for all my pins: (look out for photos in the future in the pins topic ;)):

And finally a big Blu-Ray box containing all the films of Christopher Nolan:

/Nicolai

cinderslg

Beautiful pics and a great read thanks for taking the time  :D