[HKDL] So Much For Disney Quality

Started by Patrick, January 21, 2007, 11:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

God only knows what is going wrong with Hong Kong Disneyland.  It seems that Space Mountain has been called up for an emergency refurbishment :lol: .  It has only been open for 16 months :? , really for an attraction to need a major refurbishment such as this so quickly seems maybe it was either a bad choice to build in Hong Kong.  Or Disney simply used just too cheap materials to paint it with in the first place.  Here's photographic evidence that looks worse than Paris's mountain did in the pre 2004 era.

Source: http://www.hkdlsource.com

Anthony

It doesn't say for sure that it's an "emergency" refurbishment.

They've obviously scraped off the old paint (or painted over, I can't tell) so you can't really say it looks "worse than Paris' in 2004".  Either they decided it needs a better coat of paint for whatever reason, they're changing the colour or they're checking the joins in the roof because it's about to fall in. :lol:

Maybe it's turning turquoise and brown, like DL's circa 1998? :P

Patrick

That is true, but the old paint was peeling all over for no reason, that's why it seems like they have suddenly decided now to do it.  Just seems very quick and out the blue, especially when the park is so young.

Dlrpfan

LOL! dont see that every day now do ya :D really makes you appreciate the design of DLRP's space mountain
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"That is true, but the old paint was peeling all over for no reason
Oh it was?  Maybe Disney quality is lacking then!  Although it is quite humid there, and the attraction was first painted over two years ago now... I should work for Disney PR, making excuses for them like this. :lol: