Disney's Enchanted Christmas 2012

Started by Josh, June 30, 2012, 04:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLRP Roundup!

Thats rubbish, no Fantillusion.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

ed-uk

No, but Disney Dreams is amazing if you're going and haven't seen it, so you won't be disappointed.
Ed & David

Lorum

Exactly. It's sad, but Fantillusion is now at death's door. It was a great and beautiful at the beginning, but now we must let it go, and wait for a new nighttime parade.

Obviously, we won't see a new parade in the near future.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

MissDisneyisMagical

gutted no fantillusion but i am looking forward to dreams!! so excited about a new christmas tree hope its looks beautiful. what about the ilumination of the castle?
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Lorum

I don't think they install it this year. It would ruin the projections.

littlemermaid83

Press release confirms no Fanti or MWW.  It doesn't even mention the lighting of the castle.

Such a shame :(
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

petals

Quote from: "Lorum"I don't think they install it this year. It would ruin the projections.

Sorry but how would it? The WDW castle has a billion more lights than the Paris castle and WDW was able to project Magic, Memories and you onto the castle with the lights up.

Figgygirl

I for one am gutted that Fantillusion and Mickeys Winter Wonderland will not be on for Christmas season this year.  Yes, we now have the amazing Disney Dreams, but I saw that 5 nights in June, and will again in October.  That is on all year round.

I have two trips booked for Christmas season, in November and December, but am seriously considering cancelling one of them now that there will be no Fanti, MWW or Belles' Village.  Wish I had booked for one of the Bonfire Nights instead, or Terrorific Nights / Halloween Night for something different.  At least I would have seen Fanti again on Halloween Party Night.

I do like the short Christmas Parade which usually follows the main parade, and will be sad if Chante C'est Noel is also no more as this is a lovely Christmassy song. Christmas season is usually Magical,  and should have these extra events.  I am going with a friend for her first trip and 60th birthday in November, and she has so been looking forward to the electrical parade and ice skating show that I have spoken about  - now I have to tell her they won't be on. Makes me feel guilty, and as if I have to apologise for DLP.

I usually go on a January trip for the end of Enchanted Christmas, but I won't be booking that now.

Cookie

I am so gutted if all of this is true as am due to go in November especially for the christmas season! :-(

Could someone tell me where this info is coming from? Is it all just rumours or 100% accurate? As looking online I can't seem to find anything that has been officially said or posted by Disneyland Paris? It is just so we can decide how many days to go to the park for (we are staying offsite so need to get the park tickets next month).

Thank you!!
Think of all the joy you\'ll find, when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye..

Lorum

Quote from: "petals"
Quote from: "Lorum"I don't think they install it this year. It would ruin the projections.

Sorry but how would it? The WDW castle has a billion more lights than the Paris castle and WDW was able to project Magic, Memories and you onto the castle with the lights up.

They could install it. Probably they'll do, because it's a Christmas icon in DLP. They could even use the lighting to interact with the show. But if you want to see the show near the Castle, glass/plastic bulbs will reflect/refract light beams. Then there are cables and structures. You'll be able to see Quasi, Rémy and Peter, of course. But now you have one more layer and the show wasn't programmed for that.

claire2281

I am honestly more disappointed about MWW than Fanti. Dreams, I'm sure, will make up for Fanti but I REALLY can't see why they haven't put something on in the theatre. Last time I was there at Xmas, MWW was extremely popular!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

jonathan

Quote from: "claire2281"I am honestly more disappointed about MWW than Fanti. Dreams, I'm sure, will make up for Fanti but I REALLY can't see why they haven't put something on in the theatre. Last time I was there at Xmas, MWW was extremely popular!

No MWW will certainly be a disappointment.

Aladar

what's MWW?

ed-uk

Quote from: "Aladar"what's MWW?

Mickey's Winter Wonderland.
Ed & David

Aladar

Thanks!