Special fireworks on July 14th, 2012 ?

Started by OS73, June 22, 2012, 10:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Quote from: "Boxy"Does anyone not think it odd that Independence Day is not celebrated on July 4th with fireworks , that Bastille Day is celebrated with fireworks tagged onto the end of Dreams but they make a big deal of fireworks over the Lake around November 5th which is traditionally the time that Guy Fawkes Night is celebrated in Britain ?

I don't think it's odd that American independence day on July the 4th is not celebrated at DLP. I can understand Bastille Day fireworks of course, the issue this year is the scale of the display, or was there a hitch with fireworks failing to launch, rumour. I can understand Mickeys Magical Fireworks and Bonfire ( November the 5th and Guy Fawkes night ) because that's aimed at the lucrative British market,  just like St. Davids Day fireworks and St. Patricks Day fireworks. I think it's very nice that DLP celebrates British Bonfire Night.
Ed & David

Riebi

Aaaand bonfire is a wonderful show!  :thumbs:

Don´t think that DLP will confirm that they had problems. Have they confirmed or said something about the missing fountains in Dreams! (some time ago)?? Something like the cause for this?

For the big scale: Bastille Day and 31.12. has always be the two dates for big scale fireworks at Disneyland Park.  Because they have to ask the mayor of the little village behind Disneyland Park. (The big scale during the first years was over Disneyland Hotel) So the "firework"-people know this. And BIG scale fireworks are the thing to do on Bastille Day. Every little town in France know that. Normally DLP was a good location for the 14th. Because they made something out of that day. (Maybe to say "Yes France, we know we are the bad americans. But we also know your national day") Nowadays it doesn´t seem to make much sense to go to DLP during the 14th...in my city they celebrated much more Bastille Day this year.

And that´s not a question of much much money. Normally they start here at the 13th with a "bal populaire" and a big scale firework at midnight and then they celebrate the whole 14th for the rest. I love it, cause it´s a very interesting mix out of style, lights and nice people. And...we are not talking about a city in france...just next to the frontier.

For Dreams! I would also have a big problem without the fountains. Hope they are now again up in the sky. Was everything alright with them on the 14th ed? [-o<
Aaand had you the Dreams!-Dining? I haven´t heared much about it but I don´t want to have a bad evening (I had one with the WOC-Dining package...).

And by the way: I can clearly understand that they don´t celebrate July the 4th much. "After all, we are in France" - and I don´t think that the french newspaper would love to see an american park celebrating an american date next to paris. (Yes it would fit for main street, but they simple could get problems  :lol: )
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ed-uk

When we saw Dreams the fountains were up again in the sky, and everything looked  great on the 14th,  as it did every night we saw it.  We didn't buy the Dreams Dining package,  instead we decided to find  a good place to stand  on Central Plaza. We did see the roped of area, for what we thought was the Dining package near Casey's Corner,  but I didn't see many people there.
About the 14th of July fireworks.  I've been at Disneyland Paris for Bastille day a few times before,  the fireworks have always been over Sleeping Beauty Castle when I've seen them  and follow  Disney's own fireworks.  This years 14th of July fireworks were smaller ( but Disneys own show, Dreams was so much bigger and better than anything they've done before)  but I don't know if something went wrong or not.  I just thought it was a firework show with musical gaps and flashing lights on the castle.  I wasn't expecting  a very big display. The fireworks stopped, the music carried on and slowly people started to leave at the end.
I can  remember when I first went to DLP, the nightly fireworks were over the Disneyland Hotel and not the Castle.
Ed & David

nathalie

Apperently there was a worst case of crowd control, people were standing where they weren't supposed to, CM's couldn't get them all to leave, and therefore parts of the fireworks didn't go up.

Don't know how much of it is true, heard it from someone who was there the 14th.

ed-uk

Quote from: "nathalie"Apperently there was a worst case of crowd control, people were standing where they weren't supposed to, CM's couldn't get them all to leave, and therefore parts of the fireworks didn't go up.

Don't know how much of it is true, heard it from someone who was there the 14th.

I don't think it can be true because all of the fireworks went off in Dreams,  which was on first, and people would have to move away for that,  so I don't think it can of been a case of worst crowd control.  And anyway Disney close Fantasyland because of the fireworks, so people would have to move.  As far as I know nothing went wrong with the 14th of July fireworks,  maybe it did go wrong,  it's possible. The music was the same as always.

I must put in a good word for DLP the night before, the 13th. The weather was terrible, it poured with rain all evening, and yet Disney still put on Fantillusion and Dreams, I guest they didn't want to let anyone down. I thought they might cancel Fantillusion because of the weather, so all credit to them for keeping the parade on. =D>
Ed & David

Maarten

Quote from: "ed-uk"I must put in a good word for DLP the night before, the 13th. The weather was terrible, it poured with rain all evening, and yet Disney still put on Fantillusion and Dreams, I guest they didn't want to let anyone down. I thought they might cancel Fantillusion because of the weather, so all credit to them for keeping the parade on. =D>

I have to agree, both on the 12th and 13th it rained all evening but Dreams and Fantillusion (in it's rain modus) were both performed. I'm so glad I went to watch the fireworks by the Eiffel tower on the 14th though. It was truly impressive, and I would recommend it to everyone, especially after reading about the minimal show Disney put on. :)

Josh

Quote from: "ed-uk"I don't think it can be true because all of the fireworks went off in Dreams,  which was on first, and people would have to move away for that,  so I don't think it can of been a case of worst crowd control.
People don't have to move for the fireworks in Dreams, because the ones they use are a lot safer. Also, Dreams and the normal fireworks shows are likely to be controlled by two separate systems. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

But Fantasyland closed at 9. 45pm,  Dreams started at 11 o clock. Fantasyland wasn't open when Dreams was on.  What's safer about the fireworks in Dreams  if  a rocket  lands at your feet? Next year they should get safer fireworks for 14th July then,  end of problem and nobody will have to move away.
Ed & David

Josh

Quote from: "ed-uk"What's safer about the fireworks in Dreams  if  a rocket  lands at your feet?
I don't know. I'm just repeating what imagineers have said. :)

Quote from: "ed-uk"Next year they should get safer fireworks for 14th July then,  end of problem and nobody will have to move away.
That's a good point, because in the Magic Kingdom, guests are allowed to be in Fantasyland right next to the showbuildings where the fireworks are being launched. Do we have stricter health and safety laws or something?

[youtube:1v4as0q2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLNbx3J8pY[/youtube:1v4as0q2]
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

I don't know about the health and safety laws in France,  but  DLP have always closed Fantasyland before the fireworks as far as I know. And when ever we've seen  Fantillusion from the Fantasyland end, we've always been asked to move away to the other side of the castle before the fireworks start. I assumed it's something to do with health and safety.  Have you seen Dreams, was Fantasyland or other parts of the park closed?  I didn't see any trouble on the 14th due to bad crowd control myself, which could of  caused  the fireworks to be cut back. :)
Ed & David

Robert97

I did see a video on YouTube now removed by the user that I posted on the Disney Dreams discussion. It showed people in Fantasy land chatting to each other, so I guess it was either staff or the sneaked in.

seanmartina

with enchanted fireworks parts of adventureland was also closed, and they get everyone out no exceptions, if someone does not move they will walk with the rope and red light and guide everyone away, so i think crowd control is just a rumour, one year they had a technical glitch and it was announced within hours by disney press dept, the lack of info seems tothink that thats all they had planned that night.

ed-uk

Quote from: "seanmartina"with enchanted fireworks parts of adventureland was also closed, and they get everyone out no exceptions, if someone does not move they will walk with the rope and red light and guide everyone away, so i think crowd control is just a rumour, one year they had a technical glitch and it was announced within hours by disney press dept, the lack of info seems tothink that thats all they had planned that night.

That's what I thought. If they can't do crowd control ( and this is Disney we're talking about who do  have  experience in these things ) and guide everyone out of Fantasyland and Adventureland for the fireworks, how on earth could they guide everyone out of the park when it shuts.
Ed & David