From Dreams to Reality Trip report

Started by Minnie2610, July 01, 2012, 02:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minnie2610

Hello everyone  :hello:

I have returned from our trip to Disneyland Paris and have decided to do a trippie for my own amusement and to tell you about the brilliant time we had. We left home on Monday 25th June 2012 and came home Saturday 30th June 2012. We spent Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday morning at Disney. It was our second time and we stayed again in the Sequoia Lodge.

Day 1:Monday 25th June:
The holiday started once we said bon voyage to the dog and she went off to the kennels. We took the train to Dublin and got a taxi to the Carlton at Dublin Airport. That was all for day 1. We went to bed early as we flew out early the next morning.

Day 2: Tuesday 26th June 2012:
Wake up call awoke us at 4am and only for that we would have slept in. We got up and took the hotel shuttle to terminal 2 dublin airport at 5am. We had breakfast upstairs and then went for security and boarding. Our flight left at 07:15 (was meant to leave at 7) and it was a very relaxing flight. We flew with aer lingus. We arrived early in CDG at 09:30. We got our bags and then tried to find our way to the Disney shuttle. We followed the signs for transport and went to gate 30. There, waiting was a Disney cast member who told us we would have to take the white VEA shuttle to 2E/F and told us when it would come and where to wait. We hopped on the bus and that brought us to the big Red Disney Bus as I like to call it. I never realised CDG was so big and spread out until we had this bus trip. I have to comment on the way the Vea shuttle is organised. It was very easy to get to and well directed/signposted.

We arrived at our hotel the Sequoia Lodge at 11:30 and had to put our bags through bag check outside reception. We were surprised to see it as it wasn`t there on our last trip and we didn`t hear anything about it. We checked in at reception and got our park maps, passes, room key. We were in the Yosemite Lodge second down from the main building and on the third floor room 264. It was a refurbished room and was beautiful. Later, we went to Annette`s Diner and had lunch. The staff were very friendly and I was trying to get a picture of them on roller skates. One of the waiters noticed and he went off to get a large tray before coming back to pose for the picture. We headed for Disneyland Park around 14:00 and soaked in the atmosphere of Main St. We got a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain and then headed for Pirates. There was a very short queue. I really enjoyed the walk into Pirates as there was only the three of us and when its your first time there and your walking quickly through with no queue it seems darker than usual. The ride was brilliant and has great attention to detail. I loved the pirates on the bridges that were drinking and then spit the water out at you. The drops were also good and not to....scary  :lol:  On the way out we had a look round Le Coffre du Capitaine but we didn`t buy anything. Then we went to Phantom Manor and there was a queue of 30min so we decided to wait. The stretching room was only a lift where as I thought the walls would expand out the way. Then we got into the doombuggies and enjoyed the ride. At the end when your getting out and the doomboogies are still moving my parents thought you had to wait for them to stop. A castmember made an awful big fuss when they didn`t get out and told them that was stupid and had to stop the ride. Not the nicest castmember we met  [-X
We sat down outside Last Chance cafe which was closed and rested until our fastpass time for BTM came. We queued up and found the wait short. The three of us went into the one seat on the ride and only for we were so tight together we would have been sliding all round the seat. It was our first time on it and it was worse than we thought  :|  I screamed the whole way through the ride. We bought the on ride photo as we had such a good reaction to it and told the castmember we would never go on it again. He told us it was only for babies  :lol:  We had a snack in the Cable car bakeshop and looked around Lilly`s boutique. Then we went on star tours which was a great ride big  :thumbs:  to that one. We got our place at 18.30 for the parade and really enjoyed it, love the new song, its really a touch of disney magic.  We got ice cream from the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour and there was a very enthusiastic cm there. The parade was just ending but the music was still playing and she was banging on the till singing along.

We walked back to the hotel and were in the room at 8.30 for an early night after getting up so early that morning.

You probably are wondering where the photos are, well, this is my first trip report and I dont know how to upload them. If anyone could tell me I would appreciate it.

Stay tuned Day 2 is coming soon  :D

MrsPirate

We were there the same time (24th-27th) as you staying in Sierra Lodge. We probably passed you!

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

Minnie2610

Day 3: Wednesday 27th June 2012:
Today was Walt Disney Studios Day, mostly.. We had breakfast at 10am and arrived at the park at 11.30am to the largest queue I had ever seen for bag check. I suppose we never really seen a queue for bag check before so this surprised us. A lot of the people were just standing in groups talking so we passed by them  :-"  we weren`t skipping as the queue was moving and they were just standing there.. you wouldnt get anywhere if you just stood at the back all day. When we got in we walked up the boulevard which we really admired and took some photos before going to get a fastpass for Tower of Terror. The return time I think was 12:45-13:15 so we went and did Studio Tram Tour. The flood and fire scene was the best bit and was really well put together especially with the rocking wagoons for an earthquake  :thumbs:  just what we need to be woken up. After we sat down under one of them mist sprinklers to cool down and got a drink when waiting for our TOT fastpass. The queue for fastpass was short and we were let into the library in a few minutes. Then we were directed on to our "rooms" through the boiler room and were divided for the lifts. The longest wait was here and the tension was getting to me, I nearly chickened out  :oops:  We got the seats on the front row to the right and I dreaded this as it was closest to the front. When the ride started I got an awful fright when we were jolted backwards and then the screaming began...except for me, I just closed my eyes. We viewed our on ride photo and bought a staue of Minnie and the eiffel tower and a keyring of minnie in Tower Hotel Gifts. Then we headed up to Singing in the rain photo spot for photos before heading to Toy Story playland for more photos. We checked the wait times but they were all long so we didnt bother. We headed out to Le Place des Freres Lumieres and sat on a bench and just soaked in the atmosphere before going to get snacks. Then we went shopping in Walt Disney Studios Store and bought Mickey earrings for €30, excellent price considering the quality. We also did a bit of shopping in Studio Photo and bought a notebook and swets. I have to compliment Disney sweets they are really delicious.

We sat down until 16.00 and then went to get our spot for the parade. We stood just outside Flying Carpets at the beginning of the parade route. There was loads of little children on front of us which attracted the characters and I got loads of great pictures of them waving toward me.  :D/  The plan after the parade was to go straight to Flying Carpets for no queue, but when the crowd started breaking up we got split up and it took a few minutes to find each other and by then the wait time was 15min which seemed like 20. After we rode we went to Disney Village for our reservation at King Ludwigs Castle. We didnt even need a reservation for here at 5pm in the evening as there was only us and 2 other families. We had a beautiful meal and we asked for potatoes instead of fries and some veg...the waitress looked at us curiously and asked "where are you from?". We told her Ireland and she went off smiling saying that explains it.

After we went back to the park and went to Autopia. We had checked the time the previous evening and it showed closing at 19.00 but this evening it closed at 18.30 so we were to late. We went on Its a small world and the mad hatters tea cups before going back to the hotel to have a lie down before dreams.

We took the shuttle from Sequoia Lodge at around 10.00 and walked into the park and up as far as we could g to Central plaza. We got at a railing to the right near the information kisok. Then we waited for Dreams to start which was late and started at 11.15. When it started I was really huffed when everyone that was sitting stood up aand blocked everyones view. I went into the green and stood with the standers  :lol:  and had a great spot except the only problem was there was a lamp post a bit farther on front of me and now thats in all my pictures  :(

We walked back to the hotel and all the Spain supporters were celebrating their win going onto the finals in the world cup. As we passed the Sports bar the amount of litter from the take aways was awful. And to clean it all up was one poor man with a brush and pan  :?

We got to bed at about midnight and dreamed Disney dreams  :lol:

Minnie2610

Day 4: Thursday 28th June 2012:
Same as usual breakfast at 10am and got to park about 11am. Today was scorching and we got sun burnt all over (left the sun cream in the room so had to go hunting through all the shops on main st.) We went to the Disneyland Hotel and had a good look around in awe at its beauty. We went up to the rooms and asked the cleaning staff could we just look into one of the rooms from the door. They bought us to an empty room and allowed us in. It was beautiful and looks better even in real life. I bought a lovely Tiana dress with the arms for hanging your jewellery on and they allowed us to leave it there for the day instead of carrying it with us (shopping service isnt available in hotels). We went and got a fastpass for Peter Pan`s Flight first and then went to queue for Pirates of the Caribbean (one of our favourite rides)  :thumbs:  The queue was really long but was moving quickly so we waited. When we were gone in Dad seen a hotelier in Ireland Francis Brennan passing carrying a flag leading a group of tourists. Hope he was filming for television again, I love his tours  [-o<  Then we went and did a bit of shopping on Main St. USA and sat down on a bench across from its a small world for a while. We saw Cinderella and Tiana and Snow white passing and Captain Hook and his crew before returning later to our Peter Pan fastpass. We waited for about 5mins before riding and really enjoyed it. Even though we had done, Tower of Terror and Big Thunder Mountain I was actually getting a bit afraid of the sharp turns at an angle in the dark and felt like I was going to fall out it was so realistic, really felt like flying  :D  After that we went on the carrousel which we waited for about 25mins and the loading was really slow. I really wanted to do it though as was never on a carrousel before  :oops:  Then we got a snack and drink at one of them stalls before heading over to Autopia the wait time was 60mins but we queued anyway as it was the only ride we really wanted to do that was left (even though there was loads more). The queue seemed to move fast and the wait flew. Tip for when you come to the barrier which divides the queue in two take the right hand queue it moves faster  :lol:  The ride was brilliant and some people say its two slow but if you floor it you`ll see, and the stearing wheel works to you can make the car rock. Love the traffic lights before the end, feels like your in traffic  :P

We went for a meal at the Rainforest Cafe. The theming is the best i`ve ever seen and the food was delicious. Love when the animals come alive and the thunder storm really adds to the whole lot. When we were there a little girl went over in her mothers arms to the elephant and was stroking its trunk when it came alive. It was so funny and they were laughing their heads off with shock. Our waiter was excellent and accepted our voucher even though we didnt have the receipt from King Ludwigs and the service was great. On the way out in the boutique we bought a gorgeous white fluffy polar bear teddy.

We had a good luck in the Disney Store before heading back to Main St. People were taking their places for the parade and we went to the Storybook Store, Emporium and Boardwalk Candy Palace. We then collect our shopping in the Disneyland Hotel before walking back to Sequoia Lodge. On the way back we had a look around Hotel New York before heading back to our hotel to pick up the rest of our shopping in the boutique.

We had an early night that night as we had to be up at 06.30 the next morning for Character Breakfast  8)  :mrgreen:

Again if anyone could tell me how to put up pictures I would really really appreciate it as I know its a bore reading without pictures  :cry:

BlackPearl

Great trip report =D>

For the photos: you need to upload them to get an URL-adress (for example on google picasa), then you copy the URL and that you can insert in your post using the button "URL"
It's explained a little  bit  better somewhere on the forum, but I just can't remember where. City Hall perhaps.

petals

i upload my pictures to photobucket and then you can copy and paste the image code from there.

mattboywonder

Quote from: "petals"i upload my pictures to photobucket and then you can copy and paste the image code from there.

Thats what i would do also - very easy
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008