Financial results today

Started by gldc, May 06, 2012, 11:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Quote from: "smurfy74"When you look at the debt they actually reduced their debt by nearly €53,000,000 ( 53 million ) , They are busy trying to pay off the debt. Posting a loss actually makes sense in terms of tax etc. They should be able to reduce the debt by about 5% this year if they continue that way which is what I thought they had to do.

Good point. They have also been spending a lot more in this period:

QuoteCash flow used in investing activities for the First Half totaled € 83.8 million compared to € 37.6 million
used in the prior-year period. This increase reflected investments related to a multi-year expansion of the Walt
Disney Studios ®  Park, which includes a new attraction, and investments to enhance the overall guest
experience for Disneyland ®  Paris' 20th Anniversary celebration.  

So are they paying for Ratatouille in instalments?
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

andrewuk

Indeed some of the free cash flow went on the debt

QuoteCash flow used in financing activities totaled € 64.2 million for the First Half compared to € 45.4 million used in
the prior-year period. This increase mainly reflected the scheduled repayment of bank borrowings made by the
Group during the First Half.  

I suspect that these reports will look a little better in a few years when the debt repayments are not as colossal as they are in this year.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

DLRP Roundup!

Meanwhile the share price is below £4 today, so a good day to invest in the future of DLP, may be another 20 year bet but itll be worth it.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

andrewuk

They've spent a lot on refurbishments and debt, and so they must have pretty much expected this. But that dropping hotel occupancy has got to be the biggest worry.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Javey74

Quote from: "andrewuk"They've spent a lot on refurbishments and debt, and so they must have pretty much expected this. But that dropping hotel occupancy has got to be the biggest worry.
Bear in mind that the Hotel Occupancy will be low for the first quarter for one obvious reason, people were waiting for the 20th Anniversary starting before they went. As Phillipe Gas stated he does not look at these first set of figures with great concern as it's really the next two that count when the 20th Anniversary is in full swing and peak season is in force.

Aladar

If DLP is the nº1 destination in Europe, and it receives millions of visitors per year, it's completely impossible for them to be losing money. This could be a clear case of corruption! What if there there is someone from inside Euro Disney taking the money into his pockets??!!

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "Aladar"If DLP is the nº1 destination in Europe, and it receives millions of visitors per year, it's completely impossible for them to be losing money. This could be a clear case of corruption! What if there there is someone from inside Euro Disney taking the money into his pockets??!!

They're incredibly clear on their financial standing, its the debt thats killing them.
The Roundup

Anthony

Quote from: "Aladar"If DLP is the nº1 destination in Europe, and it receives millions of visitors per year, it's completely impossible for them to be losing money. This could be a clear case of corruption! What if there there is someone from inside Euro Disney taking the money into his pockets??!!
At this rate, they must have big pockets. ;)

Josh

If they didn't have the debt, how much profit would they be earning each year?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

CafeFantasia

Josh, that's exactly what I'd like to know. If Disneyland Paris didn't have all this debt, surely they'd be making so much money per year that we'd be getting major new attractions every 2-3 years!

Malin

QuoteReally, even given the big reinvestments and expected visitor lull ahead of the 20th?

Ok if the company kept up with the refurbishment's around the park in the first place it would had not needed to have spent this amount of money. Second having seen this big reinvestment in person. Why are the attractions and several of the inside buildings still looking like crap. This big reinvestment is purely for comestic reasons. Also I don't see a big difference in the number of Cast Members around the Resort. And the entertainment and the amount of Characters used has fallen since my last trip. And you will find that while the attendance figures will go up because of Dreams and the heavy marketing. Guest spending is unlikely to jump to the numbers expected if the situation I witnessed last week is any indication with the food service. And don't even get me started on the poor selection of merchandise available.

gldc

Dont know if anyone has seen the webcast at http://www.media-server.com/m/p/mh5b3cma/lan/en

April Revenues in 2012 were up 3% [doesnt seem too impressive to be honest]
Hotel bookings up 66% for last week of April/First week of May compared to last year [now thats good]
5% increase in bookings for future
spending per guest has accelerated for the beginning of the 20th anniversary (q in q&a)
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

dlpfan1992

Quote from: "gldc"Dont know if anyone has seen the webcast at http://www.media-server.com/m/p/mh5b3cma/lan/en

April Revenues in 2012 were up 3% [doesnt seem too impressive to be honest]
Hotel bookings up 66% for last week of April/First week of May compared to last year [now thats good]
5% increase in bookings for future
spending per guest has accelerated for the beginning of the 20th anniversary (q in q&a)

This proves that having a nighttime spectacular and later hours really does improve hotel occupancy.  =D>

Malin

How do these dates fair with Easter and School holidays from last year?

DLRP Roundup!

Easter Holidays gave the UK a negative trading swing, not sure about the rest of Europe.
The Roundup