Auberge de Cendrillon — Fantasyland

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julesk

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"ohhh i didnt see about this, anybody know how much it is please?

I think you can only book by calling Disneyland direct, but I might be wrong.

drmimmy

We just booked a special birthday trip to Euro Disney because our daughter is a huge disney princess fan. The highlight of the trip was to be the princess meal. Now looking at the menu we discover we cannot go because there is NO vegetarian option (sure the adults can fork out 65 euros for a bit of mushroom soup followed by a mushroom tart!) but for the children the choice is beef, chicken or salmon! How can they be this discriminatory? Our daughter will be so disappointed.

Kristof

Quote from: "drmimmy"We just booked a special birthday trip to Euro Disney because our daughter is a huge disney princess fan. The highlight of the trip was to be the princess meal. Now looking at the menu we discover we cannot go because there is NO vegetarian option (sure the adults can fork out 65 euros for a bit of mushroom soup followed by a mushroom tart!) but for the children the choice is beef, chicken or salmon! How can they be this discriminatory? Our daughter will be so disappointed.

I often have lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon and I'm a vegetarian! The starter at Auberge is one of my favourites in the resort. If there's no vegetarian option on the menu, just ask and they will make something special for you....  :thumbs:

PS. The place's called Disneyland Paris these days.  ;)

Oh and the Vegetable Voyage at The Blue Lagoon is a DELICIOUS vegetarian dish!

julesk

Thats good to know you can always request a vegi option. We arnt so much going for the food, but the experience and to save on the queues in the princess pavillion.  Our daughter is planning her entire suit case based on this meal!

drmimmy

That is good to know Kristof :) Thanks. I'd like to ask them before we book - do you know how I could get in touch with them?

mdw

Hi we are going to the princess meal 14th May. Is there any way we can find out the princesses before we get there? In a attempt to match dresses!

starlight-princess

Does anybody know if this books up in advance? My aunt is thinking of joining us for the princess meal but is unsure which day she will be able to travel out to meet us (she lives in Torcy so not too far). Would we get a booking 2 days before?

We had decided not to do the meal but my aunt wants to treat my niece so its late notice lol x
Walt Disney World - 14 trips most recent October 2012.
Disneyland - 6 trips most recent May 2009.
Disneyland Paris - 19 trips most recent January 2013.
Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Tokyo Disney Resort still just a dream...

julesk

Quote from: "mdw"Hi we are going to the princess meal 14th May. Is there any way we can find out the princesses before we get there? In a attempt to match dresses!

As far as I know its a suprise on the day, when I booked ours they didnt know.

julesk

Quote from: "starlight-princess"Does anybody know if this books up in advance? My aunt is thinking of joining us for the princess meal but is unsure which day she will be able to travel out to meet us (she lives in Torcy so not too far). Would we get a booking 2 days before?

We had decided not to do the meal but my aunt wants to treat my niece so its late notice lol x

It does book as quickly as the other charactor meals. Might be worth booking a couple of differnt days and just cancelling them once you know your plans. We have booked for this meal twice on our trip as using premium vouchers and one booking was a last evening time slot for what we wanted. We booked 2 months in advance.

gemmasteele84

Just back and sad to say was quite gutted with the meal :( We went for my daughters birthday and the princess' were great. They interacted with the kids and posed for photos etc but after seeing pictures I thought the princess' danced with the princes a bit. There were tables all over the 'dance floor' though so obviously they didn't do that. Our waiter didn't really listen to us either. The kids starter was listed as 'Fairy's delights' we asked what this was and he said it was cheese and bread. ok no problem. then he brought out some pink stuff and toast. We asked what it was and he said 'childs food' before walking away. Hubby tried it and it was salmon. Glad he did as our daughter is allergic to fish.

The adults food was lovely though, I had the truffle stuffed quail with pear chutney

hubby had the salmon tartare

We ordered grilled beef burger and gravy for both kids but it took an age to come. This in itself wasn't a problem as Cinderella and snow white came around in that time so the kids were happy. However when the food came it was cold so we had to send it back. When it came back again we noticed the burger was pink inside. We decided this must be a French thing and wern't about to send it back again so told the kids to just eat the edge and the rest of the food. That didn't work too well for our son however as he complained his mashed potato had bits in it. I tried it and yeah it was really lumpy. I mashed it with his fork a bit and mixed it with gravy and told him to do his best.

Again the adults food was great. We both had the scallops in the champagne sauce

As it was my daughters birthday we had ordered a cake. There were a couple of birthdays while we were there and we noticed only the waiters brought the cake out. We asked if one of the princess' could be there as well and told 'if they can' I was surprised as I thought that was a given if you booked it there. In the end sleeping beauty and the prince brought hers out along with the staff which was nice. :)
Over all for the price I wouldn't do it again. I get you're paying mainly for the princess interaction but I expected more than cold food and lumpy mashed potato :(

never2old

They don't do the dancing anymore??

The service sounds terrible (not even telling you what was in the kids starter?!?!)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience! Did you daughter enjoy herself at least?

gemmasteele84

Oh yeah the kids loved it so Im glad we did it for her birthday. But now we've done it I wouldnt do it again iykwim. The princess and mice were great and really attentive so couldnt fault that, was just the other service.
It was really busy though so that might have made it different to usual. Our waiter seemed very stressed out.

mdw

Thank you for the food pics. Deserts any good? We are going next week :-) recommend cake or not? It's our daughters 6th bday fri

gemmasteele84

Oh I def recomend the cake. Its a triple layer choc cake and is delicious. Ask for small slices though as they gave us half the cake between the 4 of us which was way too much as its very dense and rich so was a bit of a waste lol.
The puddings were nice, the adults was kind of a chocolate, biscuit cake with a cinnimon type taste. Couldnt really identify it but it was nice.

The kids was similar but with a Cinderella chocolate lolly and white chocolate glass slipper too.

mdw

Thank you. Just had a look through your photo bucket pics. You met ariel and not in the princess meal! Where and When please?..