My planned meals. Any advice?

Started by gemmasteele84, March 26, 2013, 06:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

After much research I've picked our meals for the time we're there. Anybody have any advice on where I've picked? Good or bad,  :)

Day one - Beaver creek, buffet at sequoia lodge hotel.

Day two - Buffalo bills wild west rodeo :) Will also be eating at annettes for lunch as its my sons birthday and he asked to eat here :)

Day three - Walts, resturant

Day four - La grange, steak house buffet next to billy bobs.

Day five - Cape cod, buffet in newport bay hotel.

Day six - Princess pavilion! My daughters birthday today :)

Day seven - Silver spur steakhouse, in frontierland.

Day eight, - California grill for charecter buffet. Inventions is closed so being held here instead

Bit gutted about inventions being closed as it looks lovely inside, is the California grill any good?

emsamess

I can't comment on your specific restaurants, however, we planned before we went in the same way as you have, however we did not stick to it! We would spot somewhere on our journey around the park and then go to City Hall to book it for that day or the next.  

Happy eating!

gemmasteele84

Lol , we will probably do that a couple of times too but im one of those who feels better if there's a plan, even if I don't stick to it lol. :)

stevenlatham01

When is inventions closed?

gemmasteele84

We asked about may 5th, not sure about any other day sorry

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"After much research I've picked our meals for the time we're there. Anybody have any advice on where I've picked? Good or bad,  :)

Very ordinary, don't expect too much, The hot meals in particular are very poor. If you can find an alternative I would.

Day two - Buffalo bills wild west rodeo :) Will also be eating at annettes for lunch as its my sons birthday and he asked to eat here :)

BB's is great fun but food ordinary. Annettes is good for kids and teens, not so good for adults. Again food is very ordinary.

Can be excellent but has limited selection. Kids might find it a little restrictive, but my friends youngsters love it.

La Grange is not a steakhouse buffet, more a Mexican buffet. However, I think it's great value with a large selection. The ribs are especially meaty. Great selection of sweets. Kids love it. Try to get a seat overlooking the village, great for people watching.

For me it's the best of the Hotel buffets. Although the hot meals again leave something to be desired. There's plenty of smoked salmon and juicy prawns though.

I'll have to pass on that one. No knowledge :)

Over priced and poor quality food, but the atmosphere can be good. Again kids will love the western theme.

Day eight, - California grill for charecter buffet. Inventions is closed so being held here instead

Now your talking :thumbs: Brilliant all round.

Bit gutted about inventions being closed as it looks lovely inside, is the California grill any good?

Have a great time, but I would avoid the Beaver Creek, perhaps try the Blue lagoon, food can be a bit hit and miss but great atmosphere.

David

julesk

Quote from: "stevenlatham01"When is inventions closed?

We just booked Inventions for half term week in May. Hope that helps?

JediBUZ

Personally I would much rather go to Hunters Grill Buffet rather than Beaver Creek's hybrid buffet table service at Sequoia Lodge.  But the opposite would be said for the Newport, the Yacht Club is far better than the buffet in Cape Cod which in my opinion is not as good as the buffet at Hunters Grill.  
Buffalo Bills I have never been but we have booked it for this year.  
One restaurant I would recommend mostly for the ambiance and romanic feel would be Blue Lagoon.  The dessert "boat over the lagoon" is my favourite ever!
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

gemmasteele84

lots of people have recomended the blue lagoon but sadly my daughter is allergic to fish :(

Samninetysix

My daughter got food poisoning from Blue Lagoon but it has to be said it's probably the most atmospheric restaurant in DLP.

And you just can't miss Buffalo Bills, the food isn't haute quisine but it's tasty and fits in perfect with the show

lisa_hg

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"After much research I've picked our meals for the time we're there. Anybody have any advice on where I've picked? Good or bad,  :)

I've tried Buffalo Bills, Walts and Inventions.

Buffalo Bills: Excellent, very entertaining - kids will love the interaction which is encouraged ie shouting and banging cutlery. Food is basic but filling - pudding (apple crumble and ice cream) is delicious. Drinks are refilled regularly which is great considering drinks can be as much as 5 euros at some places!

Walts: Beautiful setting and a great way to see the parade (as for a table that overlooks main street), very calm quiet enviroment . Fine dining so food beautifully presented. Not to everyone's taste though, I personally wouldnt visit again with the kids may may try again with hubby for special occasion.

Inventions: Don't worry too much that the loaction has changed to California Grill as what makes this great is the character interaction. Characters wander through the resturant regularly and will stop at every table to sign autographs and pose for pictures. Great variety of foods just make sure you return for seconds to get your money's worth as quite expensive.

I can't comment on the others as I havent tried them. Hope you enjoy   :D
Hotel New York 2006
Santa Fe 2007
Hotel New York 2008
Disneyland Hotel 2009
Newport Bay Club 2010
Newport Bay Club 2012
Newport Bay Club May 2013 :)