Planet Hollywood Menu Deal

Started by Legomam, May 30, 2016, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legomam

Hello everyone!

I just thought I would let you know that Groupon France is running a deal for Planet Hollywood, Disneyland, at the moment.
It's a 'Planet Kids' meal of Burger, Soda & Sundae for €7...or an 'Adult Menu' (same choice) for €13.
You can use the vouchers up to September but the promotion excludes the month of August.
Plus you get a 20% discount in the Planet Hollywood shop with your printed coupon!

billy

we used this plan in Feb and it was horrible, as a family of 4 we would have been better off paying the 10€ difference and eaten and the lucky nugget!
The food wasnt good the service was disgraceful and the minute they find out you have an offer they are even more rude than they were in the first place.
I would avoid at all costs, but hey that is just my opinion!

Poohbearfan

Oh dear, doesn't sound good! We've already bought the deal.
I will report back.

NCC1701Q

We did this in February also and we had a different experience than the one billy described.
We had just a burger with fries and an icecream sunday, nothing bad or exceptionally good about it. The place was a bit crowded for my taste but that has happened at Colonel Hathis Pizza Place or Hakuna Matata as well and our kids and my wife did not bother (or notice) at all. We're gonna book the deal again for our July-visit!

billy

maybe we were just unlucky on the day we went and it is just my personal opinion but it is the first time we have never left a tip and considering the other options in Disney there are better restaurants out there...but hey try it and see.

fairymom

I wouldn't be rushing back either. We were there a month ago and the food was horrible. Service was v good though, so we did tip.

haribosmum

We used the deal in February half term and loved it.  We went mid afternoon on our last day so maybe it depends on how busy they are (we were after lunch rush and before dinner).  We had a lovely waiter and all said we'll go back next visit.  Sounds like it can be a bit hit and miss though?
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

fiyero

We used it in January and it was great, busy to get in but once in we loved it. Yes it isn't the most amazing food ever but such a cheap price. I'm tempted to book to go twice on my next trip now it is back on Groupon as I think that makes it about the same price as a counter place in the park. Gonna try and go at a quieter time though.

Poohbearfan

We booked the Groupon for 1600. Were seated promptly and mains arrived promptly. Desserts took ages. Didn't order any additional items and server said we didn't need a bill.
I found the beef burger dry and OH reported the veggie burger to be mostly mashed potato. Kids meal probably the best deal.

stormflm595

I've been to Planet Hollywood twice, first time I had the burger. It was okay but not the best burger ever and not worth 16 euros. Second time was much better. I had the fajitas and it just felt a lot lighter and healthier and a good portion. I'm not a fan of sour cream, guacamole and cheese so the waitress got me another huge bowl of mexican rice to compensate for what I paid. Was excellent service.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

fiyero

Quote from: Poohbearfan on June 29, 2016, 02:24:55 AM
We booked the Groupon for 1600. Were seated promptly and mains arrived promptly. Desserts took ages. Didn't order any additional items and server said we didn't need a bill.
I found the beef burger dry and OH reported the veggie burger to be mostly mashed potato. Kids meal probably the best deal.
Thanks, I've booked for 16:00 as that will hopefully let me beat the rush and maybe make the parade (though I won't cry if I miss it). Shame I can't have the kids meal! I've had the burgers and they were pretty good, especially for the deal price