20th | Making the Magic Channel 5 documentary - watch here!

Started by DedicatedToDLP(Steve), April 14, 2012, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

It's on Demand 5, though, isn't it? :)

I watched it, too. It was very interesting. I'm surprised they let any cameras backstage!

EDIT: It looks like it's not on Demand 5. :(
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

casschr05

Its not not Demand 5 but hopefully it will be repeated at some point or appear on Youtube
When I googled trying to locate the show I did find the channel 5 website had a Disneyland Paris Section so was hoping it would be on there but alas nothing

(http://www.channel5.com/shows/disneyland-paris)

If anyone comes across it please do let us know!

disneymad1000

It was nice not to see peter andre in it like others predicted that saved a good show :)
Disney Trips
2002- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne
April 2005- DLRP- (Day trip)
October 2006- WDW- Off Site
Augest 2007- DLRP- Off site
Decemeber 2007- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chanteloup)
May 2008- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chantelop)
Augest 2009 - DLRP- Davy Crockette Ranch
Augest 2010- DLRP- Off site
July 2011- DLRP- Off site

July 2012- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne

Boxy

Peter Andre was there with his children to shoot for his own show on ITV2-' Peter Andre - My Life.'

mattboywonder

Quote from: "Boxy"Peter Andre was there with his children to shoot for his own show on ITV2-' Peter Andre - My Life.'

Peter Andre - My Life?? - anyone who watches that has no life!!
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

CafeFantasia

This just in from @CafeFantasia on Twitter:

Anthony

This forum is just shameless plugs these days.

*Goes to post his videos in another topic* ;-)

Here's the actual link to the show on Demand 5: http://www.channel5.com/shows/making-th ... paris-20th

Anthony

It seems this has been posted everywhere but here!

I've managed to upload the full show from my Sky+ recording. Not perfect quality as I had to use a cheap USB device and an S-Video cable (who knew they still existed?!), but hopefully adequate enough to enjoy! :)

[youtube:308ija70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HwiKmgPnwo[/youtube:308ija70]

norhel

Quote from: "Anthony"It seems this has been posted everywhere but here!

I've managed to upload the full show from my Sky+ recording. Not perfect quality as I had to use a cheap USB device and an S-Video cable (who knew they still existed?!), but hopefully adequate enough to enjoy! :)

[youtube:249rxki4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HwiKmgPnwo[/youtube:249rxki4]

Interesting video.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dlrpkris

So impressed with this production. I mean, it really sells the resort in a subtle way... doesn't feel like promotional material - but it is. Unlike the recent French documentary when it felt like it was exposing too much of the parks.

Great shots, a really professional vibe and fantastic to see all these faces of DLP. Too bad some of this wasn't made in-house for the Disneyland Paris YouTube channel. They'd be great little clips to host online.
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

pussinboots

Quote from: "dlrpkris"So impressed with this production. I mean, it really sells the resort in a subtle way... doesn't feel like promotional material - but it is. Unlike the recent French documentary when it felt like it was exposing too much of the parks.

I much prefer the French documentary myself... That one showed the resort as a labor of love by a large, diverse group of talented people. It made it seem like something even a French intellectual could admire for its craftsmanship and attention to detail. The Channel 5 one has everyone with their "welcome to the Disney Store" faces on, feeling like a DVD extra that has been carefully pruned and sanitized by Disney's marketing people. I was afraid Ms Harris was going to start promoting the character train again...

But hey, it's promotion and it does make Dreams seem exciting. I hope it brings in some people.

dagobert

It's a nice video that gives a good insight on how they made Dreams, but there are better documentaries about DLRP out there. And they even made a mistake about Walt Disney's first park. According to that video it opened 1957. Get your information right before producing the video.

I guess that video was used to promote the 20th birthday with the new additions to the park.

Anthony

Indeed, I'm pretty sure this only came about as part of the 20th Anniversary publicity deal Disney seem to have secured with Channel 5 (possibly including giving them the rights to several high-profile films such as Toy Story 2, which seem rather too good for the channel?), rather than it being intended as some definitive documentary.