Walt Disney Studios Park Expansion Projects (Rumours)

Started by Josh, April 18, 2012, 06:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Quote from: "Whoknew?"Else the could rename the park eventually to "Disney Patchwork Park".

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lorum

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "Whoknew?"Else the could rename the park eventually to "Disney Patchwork Park".

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lol!

QuoteWalt Disney Studios
First of all, we are sure that this park will be developed until 2018.

Front Lot
An Imagineer (unknown) mentioned a complete rethematization of Front Lot to get a result close to DCA, beacuse this park needs a whole new placemaking.

Backlot
So much rumors about this lot! The strongest one is a rethematization in Marvel (Rock'n'Roller AErosmith would become AC/DC with Iron Man, ...). An Avatar ride may eventually come, but it seems very compromised.
More on that later...

Toon Studio
Well, it's no scoop, but the Ratatouille ride is under construction. There will also be a restaurant (no info on the menu yet) in a little zone called "Rue de Paris". It will look like a typical Parisian street. The ride shall include new 3D technology, and we're supposed to bet rat-sized... Opening 2014

Toy Story Playland
Toy Story Midway Mania may come. One of the most uncertain rumors...

Source: ThemeParkGuy
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

ford prefect

Rock N Roller coaster featuring Aerosmith was originally supposed to change it's music regularly to reflect different bands.  However Aerosmith have/had a watertight contract prohibiting this.  

I believe this contract was due for renewal in 2011. (Trying and failing to find where I read that, sorry)  

If that is the case one could presume that TWDC have approached Aerosmith for 1 year rolling extensions.  Or a single three year extension.  That would tie in for a redevelopment in time for 2014.

A Marvel theming would not be difficult.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

dagobert

Quote from: "ford prefect"I believe this contract was due for renewal in 2011. (Trying and failing to find where I read that, sorry)  

If that is the case one could presume that TWDC have approached Aerosmith for 1 year rolling extensions.  Or a single three year extension.  That would tie in for a redevelopment in time for 2014.

I read that as well, but I also can't remember where. However I thought that mentioned contract was only about DHS and that WDSP had another one that is still running some years. I could be wrong on that.

Transforming Backlot into Marvel would be a good idea. Backlot is by far the most ugliest place in any Disney park. And I definitely prefer that solution instead of building a whole park based on Marvel.  Building a new park in France will not happen in the next five to ten years, there is just no money from ED SCA and TWDC is building a park in Shanghai, and I'm sure Disney wants to use Marvel now due to all the successful movies and not in ten years.

ford prefect

Quote from: "dagobert"I read that as well, but I also can't remember where. However I thought that mentioned contract was only about DHS and that WDSP had another one that is still running some years. I could be wrong on that.

I am glad it is not just me!  I presumed they used the same license for the 2 parks.  Equally I am happy to be proved wrong
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Lorum

WDS tour article by ThemeParkInsider.

//http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201207/3137/
"If you can dream it, you can do it"