May 21st-May 25th

Started by Thaliel, May 29, 2012, 04:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

Hope yopu do not mind me including the preparations and stuff:
may 19th
 My mother and I get into our car at 7 am to start the druve to De Haan (belgium). Highways are nicely clear and weather is a little coulds and rain, but nothing too bad.
We arrive in De Haan around 14:30 and checkin at our hotel for one night. While I have a little rest, sis and mum go shopping and in the evening, we meet in the hotel restaurant for a delicious dinner.
May 20th
morning is basically packing all of sister's stuff together and stuff it into the car. At 3pm, we finally hit the streets for the next part of the trip to chelles (about 30minutes from DLP). We check in to the Etap hotel and get everything for the single night into the room. It is quite hard, as the door is somehow not working properly. Ater we refreshed a little, we go to have our traditional arrival dinner at L'asiane Thai restaurant. The excellent food helps a lot to find some good sleeo.
May 21st
Finally making our way to the resort and checking in to Newport with our huge heaps of luggage. Good thing we booked Admiral's Floor. It is raining so much we see no ue in entering the prc, so we have a nap until the early evening. Atfter the rain becomes a little less, we make our first entrance to Disneyland parc. Unfortunately, the railroad already closed for the day, so we could not go on our traditional welcoming railroad tour. We pick attractions such as Peter Pan (which was good, since we gold not go again the following days) and Buzz. Since there is so little people in the parc, we decide to try watching Dreams from central Plaza. The rain is not as bad anymore, though we are pretty much soakes, but the show could take place nonetheless and we all had tears in our eyes from the emotions.
May 22nd
The main event on this day is arguing with up to 5 different cast members because of that stupid new law forcing sister to have the "must transfer" symbol on the handicapped card. No more Peter pan for her  :evil:
After everything is arranged, we switch into the Studios for a first look at Cinémagique, Stitch live and the Tower of Terror. As I also read that Rock#n Roller Coaster would be closed the bnext days, I get in the little queue (only 5 minutes waiting time) and enjoy some "love in an elevator". Too bad my eyey were closed on the photo, you just cannot locate the photo spot with all the flashing lights inside that ride.
May23rd
Who, it's my birthday, we're gonna party like it's my birthday...
My sister had secretly smuggled a selfmade cake shape like a pink castle to the hotel and convinced the staff at breakfast to present it to me while singing Happy birthday  =D>
surprisingly enough, a british lady on a neighbouring table had her birthday as well, so we exchanged congratulations.
We again go into the studios first, watching Animagique and the art of animation (with an audience of a "stunning" 7 people, poor host.
After switching to Disneyland Park, we go on classic rides such as the pirates, BTM, small world and star tours. Time flies by and it is finally 7pm when we have booked our Dreams dinner at Walt's Restaurant.
The dinner is nice (though I like the st Jaques better in whole, not as a carpaccio) and before dreams begins late that eveining, we have a ride on the almost empty Phantom manor.
Dreams is a lovely sight again and it is nice watching while not being soaked through by rain and having your extremities turning cold.
May 24th
Another quick visit to the Twoer of Terror with shopping some exclusive priducts afterwards (got an awesome Tee with the HTH logo) and buying the photo that was taken of us while dropping in and out of the Twilight Zone. In Disneyland Park, we arrive just in time for the anniversary Train and get a few pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy.
After we saw the Dragon cave in the Castle closed the last days, we found it open that day and decided to see how Dragon malificent was doing... she is still rather moody  :lol:
We also use the opportunity for a ride on the Carousel de lancelot as well as Snow white (piniccchio is unfortunately closed the whole time). Also, Mum acquires a new highscore of 140000 at Buzz's whole my laser gun seems to to be working aas well as it should. Before it closes again, we also have a ride on the railroad, which is used for putting on the sunscreen, as it has turned not only sunny, but really hot and sizzling by then. Finally, a first rpund of shopping is dome in the parc as well as in the Village, where all 3 of us share the Elvis banana Split at Annette's Doner (so...much...whipped...cream!!!)
May25th
Try to imagine checking put with 13 luggage items...again I can say it was good to have booked Admiral#s Floor
Our last day for another round of classics: BTM, Phantom manor, Pirates, Autopia (it is actually more fun than you would think, give it a try) and a quick rocket trip on Space Mountain. We also have a look at Magic on parade that evening, We shoot some nice pics of the floats and characters and, as the handicapped area is located directly at Small world, we go on the cutest boat ride ever afterwards to give this sunny day a happy ending. Last but not least thing to do is more shopping. Photo albums, shirts, gifts for friends and my sister's godchild as well as a cap and one of these big 20th anniversary beer mugs for my dad. Somewhere inbetween we also saw the Gibson Girl Ice Cream still open, so we dropped by and refreshed with the awesome ben&Jerry's ice cream while having a nice chat with a couple from Italy who were celebrating their anniversary as well.
Even though we (which means mostly ms sis) spend quite a lot on shopping, we still saved a nice amount with the AP dream, the reduction is very well worth paying the price
After we finally bid farewell to DLP for this time, we return to the hotel#s luggage storage, where it took a while, since the CM who had come to our room that morning just left everything on the trolley and had not given us one of those pink labels.
When it was finally found and stuffed back into the trunk, we returned to the etap hotel in Chelles to rest again before going all the way back to Germany in our car.
May26th
It is time to say goodbye to France and we are lucky enough not to get into any traffic jams or face nay other big hindrances on the highway. We have one longer stop to have dinner at a rest house and 3 more stops for number 1 as well as refueling once. As it is still pretty hot outside, we are happy to be in the car with the AC turned on, listening to music, napping, having a snack or just reliving the memories in our minds.
We arrive home aaround midnight and unload everything from the car, wondering how so much could actually fit in there. Even merlin (or cat) was nice enough to drop by and say welcome home to us by demanding treats and belly rubs.
After a whole week with a mattress only in etap nd the rather slim lower bunk bed
in our hotel room, it feels really good to be back in my own bed again
<-Plz click

ulak

Nice report! We were there in the same times :)
 I look forward to see for some your pictures.
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

MrsPirate

Great report, thanks for sharing.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

Thaliel

If you want, you can look at my best shots on my DA gallery
http://thaliel.deviantart.com/gallery/29442064
I haven't bothered editing all the other pics me and my sister took, maybe going to make a folder on imageschack some other day
<-Plz click