LEGO Store in Disney Village (September 2013)

Started by dreamdisney, March 19, 2012, 11:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paterdave2

Any news on this project???
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Festival Disney

Source: Disney Gazette
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

tubbsy

I've been away from the forum for a long time so I am gradually reading through threads and this one caught my eye.
Helping to fill the gap of Disney, we have acquired Merlin passes and we have been to Legoland Windsor over 30 times now. (I can probably spot the flaws in Legoland like regulars of DLP can!  :lol: )

The thing is-is this shop owned by Disney? Who will purchase the goods to stock the shop? Or will it be Lego?
I am asking this because-although we love Legoland (and other Merlin parks, but not as much as Disney  ;) ) The stores are ... well... really badly stocked. Forget duplication of stock through the park (There are only a few shops) There just isnt the merchandise on the shelves. It can be really depresssing seeing a few POTC boxes spread over a HUGE shelving area and as for the Star Wars stock - its allocated a whole corner, yet it could probably just fill four shelves.

I am hoping that, whoever will be overseeing the shop keeps its well and truly stocked to the rafters.

I've just thought of another downside.... If my son purchases any Lego whilst in DLP, he will not be opening it until we get home. I REALLY dont want to be stepping on Lego in the middle of the night in a hotel room!  :P

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

smurfy74

when we went a few months ago shelves were packed and the range was great, especially in WOD store - happy shopping x

BlackPearl

Hi, just came across this information in the Newsletter from the Shareholder's Club about the LEGO Store:

"Europe's Largest LEGO® STORE opens at Disneyland® Paris
Disney® Village will soon welcome the largest LEGO® Store in Europe.  Covering around 600 m², the store will also offer a playground and creative experiences for families and LEGO fans.

Throughout the year, visitors will discover exclusive products and a special wall, Pick a Brick, that lets visitors choose and buy bulk LEGO® elements in a rainbow of colors and shapes. The LEGO® Saloon, a creative play area at the heart of the concept, will welcome kids of all ages while LEGO®-Expo will present outstanding creations.

The new concept store is a great example of current efforts to reconsider the Disney Village offer by working with brands that logically fit with Disneyland Paris' world.

Disneyland Paris and LEGO® share values such as creativity, imagination stimulation, learning through play, quality and hospitality.  All of this makes the new concept store a considerab le asset for our destination.

Further information shortly"

Well, as a LEGO-fan as well, I'm looking forward to it.  :D

captain rocket

I don't think you will have to wait that long Black Pearl, I took this photo last week and assume that this is the start of the process.

julesk

Quote from: "Simba 27"I was thinking: and if inside the Store will be a Sleeping Beauty Castle made with lego bricks? And also Lego versions of Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Space Mountain, and even the whole Main Street? I will be very happy with that!

What a great idea, I love the sound of this. We are going to legoland in October, not really looking forward to it as no where will ever top Disneyland but already been this year  :cry:

gemma2806

Really hoping this will be open when I visit in November as my son loves Lego so there are bound to be some good Christmas gift ideas in here! So far the DLP brochure simply states "opening Autumn" so it will be interesting to see when it will actually open its doors.

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "gemma2806"Really hoping this will be open when I visit in November as my son loves Lego so there are bound to be some good Christmas gift ideas in here! So far the DLP brochure simply states "opening Autumn" so it will be interesting to see when it will actually open its doors.

It should be, this isn't on Disney's dime and commercial shop fitting is normally only a few weeks.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

minnieme

This is great news. I have a lego mad 10 year old who would love to combine a visit to a lego store with his Disney trip.

We came back from LEGOLAND a few days ago, and to be honest we were not looking forward to it at all. We stayed at the LEGOLAND hotel, and had 2 days in the park and I must admit it was very well themed. It was much better than expected, but the whole time we were there my partner kept saying "Its just not Disney is it!"

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

IrishMinnie

Wow this makes my kids so happy!! i am going in March 2014, do you think it will be open by then?

gemma2806

Definitely as the brochures say opening Autumn 2013! If there is a delay I imagine it would still open no later than Winter 2013.

IrishMinnie

OMG!!!!!! I am so excited the only problem being that it will be a nightmare trying to get the LEGo home in my handluggage on Ryanair  :lol:

tubbsy

I feel so mean! There was Lego in the shops when we were there a couple of weeks ago, but we told our 10 year old "No!" I could just imagine him opening it in the hotel room when I was having a shower and me stepping on a piece!
But I am sure we will have to make a visit to the store when we are nex there.
We have Merlin passes and have been to Legoland about 30 times-Nope, its definately not Disney!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

never2old

I just got an email from the Shareholders Club, they're organizing a private opening of the store for members on Saturday 28/09, from 9 to 11.

It will include a talk from the store director, and activities for children....

Maybe after 11 it will be open to everyone?

In any case, LEGO store opening in the DV by end of September  :D/