Disney Magic on Parade!

Started by Poppy The Monkey, September 24, 2011, 09:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xceemora

I read a post on my facebook and they say they there w as a incident in the magic on parade in the peter pan float a Pirate Fall and got injured.

TowMater

Quote from: "xceemora"I read a post on my facebook and they say they there w as a incident in the magic on parade in the peter pan float a Pirate Fall and got injured.

Probaly wouldn't of happened as they're all on harnesses now seeming there are no more show stops but it would be a mystery of how a pirate fell off the float, unles it's either Pan, Hook or the driver itself and their harnesses snapped after a quick sudden move.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Malin

I have heard that it involves Mr Smee. And that pictures have been posted online of the incident. I haven't seen the pictures for myself. Anyone got a link?

dlpfan1992

I don't think I will ever love this parade. The floats aren't used with their full effects. I don't like the fact this is a downgrade to OUADP. I hope DLP gets Steve Davison back to work on a proper new parade.  :)

captain rocket

I have said in a previous post that the parade just seems to rush past and I agree that the parade overall is not as good as OUADP, using the same music three times over and everyone dancing the same coreography is just boring and lazy!

Malin

I feel the 7:00 pm start time too late for the Parade. But while I don't think much of the choice in soundtrack or the fact its being advertised as new. I do like the new additions greatly. Its just a shame the Villains float has been removed. I'm also still rather disapointed Pluto has been taken out of the Parade.

Thaliel

The new princesses carriages are pretty, and the new float at the end of the parade came put really beautiful. I still had hoped for a completely new parade for 20th anniversary instead of using floats from once upon a dream and just adding a 20 here and there.
<-Plz click

stevenlatham01

Just watched the video of the parade and it does not look as good or as long as last year. Is it really over in 10 minutes? With the show stops last year it seemed to last more than 20 minutes. Having the song repeated 3 times also seems a bit odd.

I presume they have stopped the show stops with children dancing with the characters on safety grounds because of the numbers expected for the 20th anniversary. What I don't get is why they don't have the show stops with just the characters dancing for a minute or two? Did they stop two years ago?

I know a lot of people on here hated the show stops last year but it totally made my daughters holiday. She was picked 3 times to go and dance and really loved it. The times she wasn't picked she just danced happily next to me watching. I hope they bring them back when the 20th anniversary is over.

alternativerock123

I noticed on my recent trip a few weeks ago that both time I saw the parade - the dancers and characters that walk the parade route weren't really dancing much - when I went in April and seen other videos, all the characters and dancers were really putting in a lot of effort.

I don't know if it's just because of new entertainment CMs joining - but I felt that it was really lacking something - we had some characters wonder over to us and wave - but the entire time it felt like they were just walking down the sides to say Hi to the children.

I hope they will pick up on this soon.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Mike_Mouse

I can't read this and allow you to think that the cast can't be bothered.  It is simply not true.  New cast joining often put in an abundance of energy because they are so excited to perform.  The parade isn't the same every day.  Parts get cut, modified and added depending on a variety of factors.

I'm guessing that you were wearing shorts and a t shirt during the days you saw the parade and it was "lacking"?  Choreography for certain characters is the first thing to go when a certain temperature is reached.  It is less magical if some characters don't dance and certainly makes for a less impressive show.  The alternative is that a performer collapses, has to be evacuated from the parade, and goes to hospital.  That's not the kind of show we wish to put on.

Next time it reaches 24 degrees, and it's a humid heavy heat: try running down your local high street, often jumping, occasionally in circles, whilst having two tins of baked beans strapped to each foot, a winter duvet all over your body, with only a hole the size of your eye to breath while everyone watches you.  I'd be impressed if you could do that for 25 minutes non stop but I think you'd rather walk down the high street and wave at people.

A little understanding goes a long way ;)

Josh

Thanks for the post. It really clarified things. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Hollywood1939

I'm just wondering what's going to happen once the 20th celebration is over because the song includes the lyrics "Celebrating 20 years of joy and laughter"

Mike_Mouse

The lyric will be removed or changed slightly.  There won't be a brand new song.  Disney likes to torture all the Cast Members with the same song on repeat.  Every day.  For years.  It's like water torture.  Eventually the continual dripping drives you mad.

Twinkleybelle

Hi can anyone tell me the best place to stand for this parade? Also how long before it starts should i get a spot and how long does it last? Im going at the start of october on a saturday.

thank you x

Thaliel

Good spots are right at the start, opposite of Fantasia Ice Cream parlor, or anyhwre near city Hall/Railroad station
The parade is around 15 minutes if I remember correctly.
<-Plz click